Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO H8T

+8
MadHatChemist
Entropy
FearTheLASERFACE
Nachtsider
Awinnell
theprodigalson
Kiskaloo
Triela
12 posters

Go down

NO H8T Empty NO H8T

Post by Triela Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 11:20

If some of you don't know. That "NO H8T" campaign is a way of supporting gay rights. The pictures to support the cause look like this:

NO H8T 14883_10
Tommy Joe Ratliff

official site
http://www.noh8campaign.com/article/about

There has been a new campaign that popped up recently to protest this called "GOD H8S FAGS"

NO H8T Tumblr10

What's even more disgusting is that they used CHILDREN for this! Now I know how homophobia starts... with brainwashing.

Posted on Tommy's tumblr:
http://tommyjoeratliff.tumblr.com/post/4462341310/ohohheyhey-the-westboro-baptist-church-launched

This is a great way to start my day! Wake up with hate. >_<
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

NO H8T Empty Re: NO H8T

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 11:57

Dan Savage, editorial director of the Seattle independent paper The Stranger and syndicated columnist ("Savage Love") and podcaster, created the "It Get's Better Project" in the wake of Justin Aaberg and Billy Lucas taking their own lives after being bullied: http://www.itgetsbetter.org/
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 12:00

Adam Lambert did a video for the It Gets Better Campaign. :3

Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 12:56

While I don't personally agree with homosexuality, to spend even the smallest amount of time outright hating it is flat dumb. And to proclaim their bigotry as the will of God is infuriating.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 13:12

God gave us free will so nothing is the will of God, only man
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 13:40

The will of God is irrelevant. Nobody can proclaim with any certainty what God's will is.

Ten to one those kids are being made to believe in the cause they're modelling for.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 14:02

h8 of homosexuals is frustrating.

Them calling it the will of God is exasperating.

Brainwashing children.....no comment.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 14:23

Pretty sure the whole "duct-tape-over-the-mouth" thing had already been done by the Pro-Lifers for quite some time. They might want to shake up their imagery.

I wouldn't take Westboro Baptist Church very seriously, it's literally one in-bred family that calls themselves a "church".

Anyway I might get some H8T for this myself, but I imagine any "movement" started by rich adults in great situations targeted at kids are going to have the same amount of impact and success as every other comparable movement (Drug War, No Smoking, No Bullying, etc.), which is to say, not much. The only way we can address the serious problems like teen suicide is a real reform and overhaul of the education system, not men in mascara trying to lecture kids about what is and what is not normal.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 14:31

Conservatives within the government are unlikely to let efforts at supporting gay rights carried out within the education system get off the ground, though. Stuff like this can bypass their opposition. Also, these men in mascara are role models to a very sizable subset of youths.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 14:52

Nachtsider wrote:Conservatives within the government are unlikely to let efforts at supporting gay rights carried out within the education system get off the ground, though. Stuff like this can bypass their opposition. Also, these men in mascara are role models to a very sizable subset of youths.

Ironically, it's the Conservatives are the only ones that support a reform of the education system in a way that would actually matter in the form of school choice. Right now the bullied get locked up in public schools they have no choice but to go to. A celebrity they look up to can tell them "keep your chin up, cowboy!" but it doesn't change their situation, it won't persuade the bullies to stop bullying, and pretending like school staff can stop bullying to any degree is laughable. You can't stop kids from being kids, and there will always be bullying so long as there are kids who are in the least bit different. Any kind of system of free school choice can make it so that kids can go to alternative schools with other students and staff who can provide support while providing the same level of education as the rest of the schools. And this could be for anyone who has trouble fitting in at mainstream schools, gay or not.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 6:39

We can still hate those evil & insidious laboratory gnomes though, right?
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 18:24

Triela wrote:
There has been a new campaign that popped up recently to protest this called "GOD H8S FAGS"

NO H8T Tumblr10

What's even more disgusting is that they used CHILDREN for this! Now I know how homophobia starts... with brainwashing.

Posted on Tommy's tumblr:
http://tommyjoeratliff.tumblr.com/post/4462341310/ohohheyhey-the-westboro-baptist-church-launched

This is a great way to start my day! Wake up with hate. >_<

Ahh... the Westboro Baptist Church is at it again. No matter what you think of Michael Moore, take a look at this epic pwnage of the Westboro Church:
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 18:57

Freedom and equality for all is real simple: Be what you want, but don't tell me that I have to care. Experience has taught me that other peoples' opinions are just that- opinions.
Bullying to the extent of what we're seeing today is bad, and certainly the individual states have a Constitutional right to make laws, whatever, regarding that, but in my youth, the only thing that really had any effect is when the victim made a choice to do something about it.
Some people have to learn to toughen up, but that is something they alone can choose to initiate, and does not come in the form of "continued beatings for your own good".
So long as there are humans, there will be fighting. It's just the way it is. The peaceful utopia that some dream of is only a dream. Any amount of thought on why people do what they do will help to realize that. So... given that fighting (in any form) is unavoidable (amount varies with choice of lifestyle), what do you choose to do? Prepare for it, or simply let it happen to you?
The first step in no longer being a victim is to decide to no longer be a victim. You don't need slogans or fashions to help with that. A t-shirt or ad-campaign is no deterrent in the real world of violence. A person's right to live in peace tops a person's presumed right to violate that peace. That's all the reason you need to justify standing up for yourself.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 1:44

I used to be ignorant about the persecution of the LGBT community, till I saw Andy Humm and Ann Northrop on the news show Gay USA. Very educational.

NO H8T 800px-Andy_Humm_and_Ann_Northrop_2_by_David_Shankbone
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 2:41

Though I agree with theprodigalson, hate is a waste of time and resources that can be spent on doing better things. I dont agree with homosexuality or its practices, but I do respect the individuals as people, not a sexual orientation.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum