Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character concept: 'Section Zero'

+6
Sheo Darren
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
tremec6speed
Officer_Charon
MP5
10 posters

Go down

Character concept: 'Section Zero' Empty Character concept: 'Section Zero'

Post by MP5 Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:47

Before Cyborgs were all the rage within the Italian intelligence community as the prime choice for indestructible assassins, there was a little-known group of terminally-ill girls who were once the greatest chance Italy had at having an unstoppable death squad thanks to highly experimental biomedical research on harnessing the behavior of cancerous disease and changing it to benefit mankind. Unfortunately, in all the excitement to create them, further research was not performed, and once tested in the field, were found to have less-than-ideal flaws, most glaring of which was the fact that every time their bodies repaired themselves, small-but-malignant mini-tumors had a nasty habit of developing and therefore posing a threat to their operational lifespans. After numerous sessions of radiation therapy to nip the aftereffects of their flawed 'healing factor' in the bud, this group of girls found themselves severely weaned from the generous teat of black budget funding.

Today, they continue to exist as a pseudo-dysfunctional family in a cheap, deteriorating household in Milan stocked with guns that the military doesn't want anymore, were picked from the bargain bin, or otherwise handed down to them with various 'quirks' that made them undesirable. This gaggle of six girls, kept *mostly* in check by a solitary, constantly-stressed handler, now spend their days finding whatever means they can of keeping food on the table, their home in mostly-working order, and surviving whatever ridiculous, obviously-suicidal mission is passed down their way.

They don't have the best equipment (the enemy's is often much cooler)...

They don't have indestructible bodies (despite their so-called 'healing factor'--which does more harm than good--they're still flesh-and-blood humans)...

They don't even have all that much money (Why else do they loot the corpses of their enemies?)...

But they somehow have everything they need. This is Section Zero. Try not to bring in anything particularly expensive. It will disappear.

(characters to come soon)
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Character concept: 'Section Zero' Empty Re: Character concept: 'Section Zero'

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 22:14

....... this has potential...
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 5:41

Interesting. I guess they never interact with any other agents/cyborgs right? They are kind of isolated, even from other secret departments like the SWA if I understand correctly.
Sounds cool!
I can imagine handlers talking among themselves of this urban myth, perhaps with a cyborg accidentally overhearing this and passing it along to the others. Claes may nervously wonder to herself if one day she too might be brought in for a clandestine experiment only to suffer a similar or worse fate....
Is it all completely fleshed out, or is this in the developmental stage?
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 5:54

tremec6speed wrote:Interesting. Do they interact with any other agents/cyborgs or are they in a kind of isolated situation even from other secret departments like the SWA?
I got the impression from MP5's premise that this all happened before the SWA.
Claes may nervously wonder to herself if one day she too might be brought in for an clandestine experiment only to suffer the similar or worse fate....
Alternately, Claes might stumble upon the old records of the project while poking around the forbidden SWA archives. It might be a cool way to introduce & push the story forward...Claes reading all this Neverending Story style.

That may also provide a cheap escape if you're ever hung up by writer's block Razz ...
Claes turned the page only to find the next sheet...and indeed the three following it, to be missing. When the story finally did pick up it was apperant that...
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 16:28

Professor Voodoo wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:Interesting. Do they interact with any other agents/cyborgs or are they in a kind of isolated situation even from other secret departments like the SWA?
I got the impression from MP5's premise that this all happened before the SWA.

Actually, while they may have been conceived before the SWA, they are still very much in existence. It's just that they've been largely forgotten, save for the occasional status report to find out how many of them were KIA in the most recent meat grinder they were sent to be killed off in. It's a recurring gag, and one that is meant to be played for comedy until a certain point.

As for interacting with the SWA, the next chapter of Tire Tracks and Spent casings will see one of my OC fratelli being sent to recruit them for an operation. However, I was also thinking (with Danjo's permission) that I would send girl-boys Marcello, Stefano, and Paolo (Palo?) to live with them, in the process not only throwing them a bone, but thinning out Section 2's Girl-boys to ones that can actually perform a mission successfully. Future chapters will also see a delegation from Section Zero visiting the SWA compound to get their weapons repaired by Saladin, and as they are in great need of work, freelance contracting by Jennifer for Warhawk Military Aviation's Rapid Reaction Unit. Characters to be posted in a little while.
MP5
MP5

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Tue 15 Mar 2011 - 17:54

So, after some very frantic brainstorming, here's the girls of Section Zero, a mostly un-ladylike bunch of formerly-government-sponsored assassins:

Cassandra- Blond-haired leader of the 'Zeroes', swears constantly (usually while trading barbs with her friend Stella), holds a day job as a bike messenger, drinks milk straight out of the carton when she thinks no one is looking. Uses a Beretta BM 59 Para and Beretta 92SB for her mission loadout.

Stella- Cassandra's brunette, vitriolic best friend and second-in-command of the 'Zeroes'. Is often seen trading insults with Cassandra, tries to keep the 'Zeroes' run-down living space in working order along with their handler. Works weekend shifts at a local coffee shop, dealing with ignorant American tourists who think every coffee shop is a Starbucks. Wields an AKM and a Colt M1911A1 Government into most battles.

Viviana- Brown-haired slacker of the group, has to be searched for in her perpetually-messy room full of used underwear and junk food wrappers. Has a domesticated sewer rat named Luigi whom she allows to roam the building, much to Stella's frustration. Takes odd jobs for money from neighbors. Smokes the occasional joint, but never while on a mission. Uses an aging CETME Modelo C battle rifle and a Browning Hi-Power 9mm.

Sienna- The fiery redhead of the Zeroes. Most assertive of the bunch, eager to please, very cheerful, bisexual, likes to walk around the house in her underwear a little too much. Works a part-time job as a Chinese takeout delivery worker. Uses a Soviet-era PKM machinegun and a MAC-10 for deployments. Likes to lead Carerra on.

Alexandra- Raven-haired bookworm of the Zeroes, and the most introverted of the bunch. Generally quite shy, wears glasses. A bit of a ditz on occasion, but very intelligent, and likes working with computers, though her own laptop is outdated and slow compared to more current machines she encounters while working as a freelance troubleshooter. She is also the best Marksman amongst the Zeroes, utilizing an M14 with a 3-9x adjustable telescopic sight to create an ad-hoc sniping weapon for missions, accompanied by a Vietnam-Era CAR-15 for her secondary weapon. Feels harassed by Carrera's advances.

Carrera- Resident 'scene kid' of the Zeroes with bleached, pink-streaked hair and a penchant for eyeliner and striped armwarmer gloves and leggings. Likes a few bottles of Moretti every now and then. Works weekend shifts at the local McDonald's and is a very good worker, hampered only by a stingy shift manager. Lesbian, constantly hitting on Alexandra (because geeky girls are cute) and Sienna (because she finds redheads sexy). Carries a positively-ancient FN FAL into battle with a Smith and Wesson Model 39 Automatic as her sidearm.

Unfortunately, haven't quite come up with the idea of the handler yet.
MP5
MP5

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 4:08

If your need is great enough, if no-one else can help, and if you know where to find them, then maybe you can hire... Section Zero.

*Cue music*

Sorry, it's the first thing that jumped into my mind. sweat

Sounds like an interesting project though, and props for Bike Messenger Very Happy
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 4:54

I like it more and more! Fleshing out the characters makes it so much easier to picture in my mind.
Also great idea Professor Voodoo, it's like a mini mystery Claes finding out through old records perhaps after she talked it over with the other girls who themselves learned of these rumors having overheard the adults. This is an idea that gets ya whether these girls occurred in the past or are still active.
Two thumbs up people!
cheers
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheo Darren Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 22:28

The SWA's very own Suicide Squad... awesome XD
Sheo Darren
Sheo Darren

Male

Forum Posts : 389

Fan of : Mami Tomoe

Original Characters : Rolito, Giuseppe, Elena; Julia, Peppina; Jess, Masakari

Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 22:39

MP5 wrote:So, after some very frantic brainstorming, here's the girls of Section Zero, a mostly un-ladylike bunch of formerly-government-sponsored assassins:
My favorite part about your character outlines is that you've given them realistic "teenager jobs." Balancing great power with the everyday indignities of a mundane life makes for great character development.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 23:22

Professor Voodoo wrote:
MP5 wrote:So, after some very frantic brainstorming, here's the girls of Section Zero, a mostly un-ladylike bunch of formerly-government-sponsored assassins:
My favorite part about your character outlines is that you've given them realistic "teenager jobs." Balancing great power with the everyday indignities of a mundane life makes for great character development.

Glad you think so, Voodoo. In all honesty, I just thought that'd be the best way for them to get by what with being cut off from government funding and all. I will probably start hinting at them in chapter 8--of course, chapter 7 of TTSC has to come out, first.
MP5
MP5

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 0:38

I'm highly intrigued by this group.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Pax Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 1:59

Most interesting. I'm afraid for whoever their handler is, poor bastard. Not one, but six incredibly powerful, skilled, attached TEENAGE girls to deal with, heh.
Pax
Pax

Male

Forum Posts : 137

Fan of : Rico, Triela

Original Characters : none

Comments : Sanity is like pants. You aren't born with them, and only have them because society has trained you to feel uncomfortable without them, and your at your happiest without them.

Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingdking Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 21:02

If I was the handler I would be hiding as much as possible lol
Wingdking
Wingdking

Male

Forum Posts : 47

Fan of : Gsg

Original Characters : frank

Comments : N/a

Registration date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 14:08

MP5 wrote:They don't even have all that much money (Why else do they loot the corpses of their enemies?)...

Marco and Angie do it all the time! Why else would she have a Gold ring in a jeweler's box... with the shrivelled up blacken finger still wearing it!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down