Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outfits for my OCs

+11
Awinnell
tremec6speed
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Danjo3
MP5
Robert Frazer
ElfenMagix
ChaosKin640
Professor Voodoo
Alfisti
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Outfits for my OCs Empty Outfits for my OCs

Post by Schaschanist Tue 22 Feb 2011 - 16:41

Hey Folks,

I oppened up this thread for discussions and posting of clothes for my OCs Emilie and Etienne to get a bit more overview (in this thread and in my other OC-thread ).

For people who haven't seen the thread about my OCs:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/t2596p200-creation-of-a-new-oc#84825

Okay, this is 'the actual picture of Emilie': Outfits for my OCs Large
She wearing a trench-coat-like jacket, a knee-length black skirt and a white blouse with a red tie (she don't like ties very much, but she has worn it for this one mission).
She has long and silky black hair, ice-blue eyes and a relative pale skin.
The black beret with the red bow on the side really is her brand.

And what already have at this moment:

A tartan-design:
Outfits for my OCs Large
This tartan design was a special gift from Etienne, a design he created and registered only for his little cyborg Emilie as something very personal.
It is used for the pajama Emilie's wearing at night and it's also used for a scarf she's wearing in winter and a trench-coat-like jacket.

A fast concept-drawing of clothes i decided for her: Outfits for my OCs Large
The notes on the top translated:
beret - black with red bow
vest - black, titangrey buttons (alternatively dark grey)
blouse - red, halflength sleeves (alternatively white)
skirt - black, knee-length
shoes - black, leather (Mary-Janes)
socks - black, thin, short (alternatively white)

An artwork i have done years ago (it has nothing to do with my OC Emilie!): Outfits for my OCs Large
Well, i think these clothes above the belt clothes also will fit for Emilie but not these pants.
Emilie never wears trousers.

To set the facts:
Emilie's clothes are mostly black. Some clothes are red or made of the red tartan-design as contrast to her black clothes. Some very few clothes are white. (I decided red cause in my opinion it's the best contrast for her black hair and black clothes.)
For some she could appear like kind of 'Goth' but just cause of the color black.
Yes, she does wear alot of black but her clothes are more lady-like or elegant (to say: dresses, skirts, blouses, shirts, pullunders, jacket, coats, ... )
And something very important: She always wear a beret with a red bow on the side!

If maybe someone has a picture that could fit Emilie's style, then feel free to post it in this thread.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Outfits for my OCs Empty Re: Outfits for my OCs

Post by Schaschanist Tue 22 Feb 2011 - 20:23

I found two nice pictures which i think can fit her look and clothing-style as well.

First one: Outfits for my OCs Large
'Casual Clothes', a hoodie and a simple skirt.
(I think something more for 'gunfight-missions')

Second one: Outfits for my OCs Large
a black jeans-dress and a red polo shirt with white accents.

Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 23 Feb 2011 - 7:59

schaschanist wrote:The black beret with the red bow on the side really is her brand.
Heh, mental image of her and Robert's Agapita haveing a beret-off...

schaschanist wrote: This tartan design was a special gift from Etienne, a design he created and registered only for his little cyborg Emilie as something very personal.

It is used for the pajama Emilie's wearing at night and it's also used for a scarf she's wearing in winter and a trench-coat-like jacket.
I'll be honest: I'm not personally a fan or tartan. Fortunately though it's one of those wonderfully versatile patterns. She could probaby get away with it as triming for a set of long socks if she wanted, or as lining inside her beret.

Not entirely certain about the idea of registering it though... I think there might be a few operational security issues there. Perhaps if he registered it under his own name or an alias. It'd be an interesting twist thout if at some point she got identified or caught out by someone recognising her tartan.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Wed 23 Feb 2011 - 8:40

interesting thoughts, Alfisti.

Trouble cause someone recognized this tartan.... Well, really interesting.
I will think about that.

Hmm, and that design in the inner side of the beret. To be honest, really good option, i will use it.

But tartan-socks... Well, a little bit too old-fashioned (okay, it can look quite cool in the right contrast).
But not that kind of accessiors for a girl like Emilie...
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 4:59

Alfisti wrote:I'll be honest: I'm not personally a fan or tartan.
I should caveat that: Burberry excepted.

schaschanist wrote:But tartan-socks... Well, a little bit too old-fashioned (okay, it can look quite cool in the right contrast).
But not that kind of accessiors for a girl like Emilie...
I wasn't thinking so much straight tartan, just trimmed.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 7:07

Tartan-trimmed socks, okay, that sounds a bit better than tartan socks.

For the shoes i thought about black leather-made Mary-Janes, perhaps sometimes sandals for warmer days.
Black boots for cooler days.

For missions I thought boots or shoes with a steel cap inside would make sense cause she's working often with Kicks and Punches.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 7:24

schaschanist wrote:For missions I thought boots or shoes with a steel cap inside would make sense cause she's working often with Kicks and Punches.
Somehow I don't think cyborgs need to worry too much about breaking toes...

That said: it'd certain help add some momentum to her kicks.

In the end it's really a case of fitting the footwear to the use, just like guns, or knives or whatever. My own OC generally wears black Dunlop Volleys when getting her tactical on. They're light and flexible so compliment her more stealth/agility centric approach. But if Emi is going to be seeing heavier combat than Monty does (not difficult), then stronger footwear is probably a good idea.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 8:17

Well, I thought about these steel caps less to prevent the cyborgs toes but more to make the kicks harder.

I imagined to put her into a mission where she really kicks alot of asses of Padanians. Therefore I thought steel caps would be a nice try, to make the kicks more efficient.
For such a mission i would choose a simple pullover or sweatshirt/hoodie and a skirt (like the picture above) in addition to steel cap shoes (they just look like normal shoes).

Last edited by schaschanist on Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 9:08; edited 1 time in total
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 9:04

How about training outfits?

How does Emilie incorporate her trademark style when at the gym or running laps of the obstacle course?
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 9:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:How about training outfits?

How does Emilie incorporate her trademark style when at the gym or running laps of the obstacle course?
Okay, in training suits i think its impossible to keep the trademarks or the look.

I never imagined her at a trainings course or in a gym, only kicking some ass, breaking necks and noses or killing people with knives or shooting with a silenced FiveSeven, in her 'street' clothes on missions.

Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 10:15

I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of a cyborg training by running laps. In my eyes it doesn't make real sense, for what is it good for? Endurance?

Maybe thats a reason why I never imagined Emilie in a trainings suit or gym clothes.
I think it's not very necessary.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 10:43

Running lapse around the track, like any other part of the girls' physical training, is more about helping them acclimatize themselves to their mechanical parts. It lets them overcome and smooth out any balance issues they might have. And any time they are injured, some of those parts need to be replaced, so that starts the process all over again.
Aside from that, several fanfic authors, myself included, have used the athletic track as a means of discipline. Voodoo wrote about Jean ordering Rico to run laps until she threw up as punishment for craching an agency vehicle into Claes' herb garden and I've had my Melanie forced to run, to date, probably close to 100 miles' worth of laps, while lugging around a 120lb rucksack.

Melanie: Oh God, please don't remind me. I swear I almost died that first time. You don't want to know how many showers i had to take to wash off all of the mud.
Jacob: Hey, what the Hell are you doing in here on the computer? You're supposed to be on your way to the assault course.
Melanie: Jacob! Oh...I...uh...I was...just um...imparting the wisdom of my experiences onto others.
Jacob: Is that so? Well why don't I give you the opportunity to experience the feel of my boot up your ass? That should make an interesting topic of conversation.
Melanie: But I...
Jacob: Or why don't I just go grab your rucksack?
Melanie: Eeep! I'm going, I'm going, I'm going!
*there follows a deafening clap of thunder as Melanie proceeds to break the sound barrier in her haste to comply and rush out the door*
ChaosKin640
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 11:49

Ah, okay.
Spoiler:

Okay, training for Emilie is a point I haven't thought about much.
I would say, her training is more focused on the martial-arts-skills and knife-fighting-skills and I don't think she is often at the shooting range (maybe just practicing knife-throwing on a target there).
Running laps...hmm, martial arts is alot better training for acclimating with the body than simply running senseless (endless) laps around a silly trainings course. Okay, Emilie never feels very comfortable with herself being a cyborg (and the treatment of others caused by that fact) and her cybernetic body but that is something different.

Mission-like clothes, for example a skirt and a sweatshirt/pullover will be good enough when she's beating and kicking a sandbag for training. (I don't see her wearing a track-suit, trousers or shorts even not for training).

Last edited by schaschanist on Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 12:48; edited 2 times in total
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 12:43

Yeah, Melanie doesn't spend much time on the ranges except for sniper practise because, well, she's completely useless with just about any other form of firearm. She can't hit the broad-side of a barn at five paces with a handgun, shakes so bad when using a sub-machine gun or assault rifle that she's a bigger danger to those around her, and just looking at a shotgun makes her throw up and pass out.
While I haven't yet gotten to it in my writings, Melanie is eventually trained in advanced martial arts to suppliment her sniping role. Although, unlike your Emi, who is a knife fighter, Melanie's prefered CQB weapons will be dual short-swords, along with several throwing knifes.
ChaosKin640
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 13:13

Okay, i already set that Emilie is carrying always a knife (a Walther BlackTec or the black diving knife, changes by her mood) and for some missions little daggers in her boots or under her skirt in a special holster.
A special holster like this one:
Outfits for my OCs U9105

A sword, i thought about that too but i think that isn't really something for her (simply too large, nearly impossible to hide in covert operations).

Emilie has used guns at an earlier time but now the P90 and the MP9 are mostly dusting in their cases than she's firing them. The FiveSeven also isn't very often in use, mostly just for backup or to execute by order.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 18:11

schaschanist wrote:I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of a cyborg training by running laps. In my eyes it doesn't make real sense, for what is it good for? Endurance?

Maybe thats a reason why I never imagined Emilie in a trainings suit or gym clothes.
I think it's not very necessary.
Its for endurance and disapline.

Sometimes you rund in to a mission that requires a lot more than just 5 minutes of intense battle and then dead silence. For that you will need endurance to keep up with the pressure and disapline not to go crazy out in field. Last thing you need is a shell shocked cyborg to deal with.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 19:05

You're kidding me. Real muscles do need enduranced training to increase strength, but artificial muscles definitely do NOT.

I say running laps is only to tortue the mind or discipline the cyborg-girl (Something Jean does. I hate that bastard for his inhuman treatments!!).

For Emilie I think running laps is not neccessary and Etienne also said this is really stupid.
Spoiler:
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 19:34

schaschanist wrote:You're kidding me. Real muscles do need enduranced training to increase strength, but artificial muscles definitely do NOT.

I say running laps is only to tortue the mind or discipline the cyborg-girl (Something Jean does. I hate that bastard for his inhuman treatments!!).

For Emilie I think running laps is not neccessary and Etienne also said this is really stupid.
Spoiler:
I can understand this, and it depends on what and how the technology is used. Artificial Muscles are not electric or mechanical servos, magnetic pistons or electronic components. They are in some form or another muscle tissue that is artificially grown and enhanced. (See Replacing Body Parts {the white heart} here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/replacing-body-parts.html ).

As such, artificial muscles must be programmed, this is why Jean says that the cyborgs should practice doing other things like music or calligraphy, to fine tune the artificial nerve/artificial muscle programming. This is what makes athletes, concert musicians, fighter pilots and race car drivers what they are- constant nerve/muscle exercise. Thus it is true with the cyborgs.

Thus there is a reason for running laps, if not for the endurance, but for running without tripping on ones own legs.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 20:02

The muscles themselves don't need any programming, the brain controls the muscles not the other way around.
The brain gives the impuls and the muscle lifts up by electrical conraction, nothing else.

So they only need training to control their bodies with more precision.

But running laps just to prevent the girls of doing something as an occupation-therapy is ridiculous and stupid. Only Jean can have that ideas.... I really want to kick his dumb ass!

I always can repeat, for me they are in first line still humans and not 'robots'.
Spoiler:
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 21:45

Alfisti wrote:
schaschanist wrote:The black beret with the red bow on the side really is her brand.
Heh, mental image of her and Robert's Agapita haveing a beret-off...

AGAPITA: Emmy C, lose the lid. Nix harshin' mah vibe, y'dig?

*Agapita is knocked out with a command phrase and dragged back to the conditioning centre*
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 22:02

There are lots of reasons to train on an obstacle course. If your cyborg has to climb a wall, crawl through a tight space or run across a narrow ledge to chase down her target she'll need to be well practiced at such things. These skills are learned on the course.
The SWA is a para-military unit after all. In between missions the girls & handlers must train hard...it's not all tea parties and trips to Taormina.

I imagine the girls love running full speed single laps of the course and competing for best times...but pacing themselves for multiple lap endurance runs becomes boring to them (hence its value as a discipline tool).
Robert Frazer wrote:AGAPITA: Emmy C, lose the lid. Nix harshin' mah vibe, y'dig?

*Agapita is knocked out with a command phrase and dragged back to the conditioning centre*
Lorenzo: Oh god, this could be worse than the time Triela & Petra showed up for a mission wearing the same sidearm holster. They feuded for a week.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 23:32

The muscles themselves don't need any programming, the brain controls the muscles not the other way around.
It's called "muscle memory", Schach. Hours and hours of repetitive practise trains the muscles to execute precise motions and movements without the need for specific synaptic instructions from the brain. One of the simplest and most common examples of this is riding a bicycle. There's a reason you never forget how to ride a bike; becuase the skill isn't retained in the brain, but in the muscles themselves.

If you're interested, you can read up on it at the relevent wiki article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory
ChaosKin640
ChaosKin640

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 2:13

Professor Voodoo wrote:There are lots of reasons to train on an obstacle course. If your cyborg has to climb a wall, crawl through a tight space or run across a narrow ledge to chase down her target she'll need to be well practiced at such things. These skills are learned on the course.
The SWA is a para-military unit after all. In between missions the girls & handlers must train hard...it's not all tea parties and trips to Taormina.
Too right. Even Monty tries get in some range and training time when she's at the SWA. It doesn't always happen of course, but she tries.

At the end of the day, as Voodoo said, there's some skills that can only be learned by repetition and practice and, moreover, things that you can only get good at by the same. An example would be riding a motorbike or driving a car. You can get onto any bike or into any car and drive it point A to Point B... but you only really get a proper feel for that vehicle over time. Remember the cyborgs haven't had the chance to grow up with their bodies like a regular human, they've got to practice to get in tune.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 2:37

Alfisti wrote:

At the end of the day, as Voodoo said, there's some skills that can only be learned by repetition and practice and, moreover, things that you can only get good at by the same. An example would be riding a motorbike or driving a car. You can get onto any bike or into any car and drive it point A to Point B... but you only really get a proper feel for that vehicle over time. Remember the cyborgs haven't had the chance to grow up with their bodies like a regular human, they've got to practice to get in tune.

Which is why Allison practices using Gymkhana similar to this, only with the addition of her handgun and steel targets: