Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge?

+16
Officer_Charon
Awinnell
Three Dog
John_234
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
dragonfire238
WEBER
MP5
ElfenMagix
Professor Voodoo
Alfisti
FearTheLASERFACE
Nachtsider
Jacen Starslayer
Kiskaloo
KEN_giovanni
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? Empty If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge?

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 11:17

As for myself I do appreciate the Fabrique Nationale weaponry but I am much more partial towards American weaponry. So as a primary I'd like my charge to be trained with an M16A4 and as a sidearm a Desert Eagle fitted for the .357 magnum

KEN_giovanni

Male

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? Empty Re: If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge?

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 11:24

Heckler & Koch or Fabrique National.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? Empty Re: If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge?

Post by KEN_giovanni Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 11:26

So any weapon from those specific manufacturers?

KEN_giovanni

Male

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 12:45

For FN it would be the Five-seveN, P90 and F2000.

H&K would be the UMP, P2000SK and G36.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 13:59

I'd probably go with weapons that I'd researched, personally used, or that had withstood the test of time.

However, since I've never fired a gun before I'd go with the following
The M16 series, The MP5 series, the M1911 series, Beretta 92 series, etc
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 21:16

Handgun - a Glock 21. It's durable, has a high ammo capacity and packs a punch. Backup weapon would be a Glock 36, for the same reasons; it packs the biggest clout of any handgun its size I've ever seen.

SMG - can't go wrong with the MP5 series, un-exotic though it may be. An MP7 would also be good for covert missions.

Assault rifle - something that can also perform in the DMR role. Something along the lines of an AUG, SAR-21 or Tavor. I like bullpups.

Sniper rifle - an AMP DSR-1. No ifs, ands or buts.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 21:38

Handgun: Soemthing powerful. If not a Desert Eagle then likely a Magnum revolver, proabably .44 Magnum. I'll give her an M1911 too for more simple carry and less sound.

SMG: Luv MP5s. You can also attach M203, maybe M320, right? Awesomesauce. Maybe I'll give her two of them.

Assault Rifle: Likely of the M16/M4 series, or the newer "ACR", but carrying AK-47 mags shouldn't be a waste. People seem to luv AKs. Also attach any compatible grenade launcher. The select-fire M14 EBR will work too.

Sniper Rifle: M14 EBR works okay as DMR, M21 will work, and the monstrous Barret. 50 Cal looks, ah, powerful*understatement*.

CQB: Pistols and knives are fine, but the AA-12 is definately the shotgun I'd give her....unless it has jamming problems....does it?
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 21:44

When it comes to sniper rifles, the AMP DSR-1 Subsonic for "close in" work and the Barrett XM500 when I want my cyborg to "reach out and touch someone".
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 0:36

I like Heckler & Koch, Howa, Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, Springfield Armory, and Barrett. It good firearm technology.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 2:17

Hmm, it depends on what role the fratello was meant to fill...

Ok, first up, a disclaimer: I am in no-way, shape or form what you would
consider a "gun" bloke. My interest extends about as far as being able
to justify decisions made for drawing and writing.

So, on with the show. Assuming the role was the standard "general combat" cyborg...

Sidearm: Probably a compact version of a full size combat pistol, preferably something with a bit of track record. The SIG P228 would be a top contender. Yeah, yeah, I know cyborgs have 99 problems, but weight ain't one (at least when it comes to firearms). However, from an ergonomic perspective I think a full-size gun is going to be awkward for the average female child/teenager to wield.

"Instrument Case" weapon: Most likely option: MP5-KA4. It's got a proven record, is small and wieldy and of course can be put in the now probably infamous atache case. It also takes the same 9mm ammunition as the P228 so that could be shared if need be and because the round isn't proprietary you probably wouldn't need to worry about the armoury not having any in stock.

Round it out with a CCW:
Probably a SIG P232. Again: track record, Sig name and ease of silencing.

If something more powerful was needed... who knows. If it was an Assult Rifle/carbine needed then probs a HK G36C.

But what of the handler?

Lorenzo: So you've armed your cyborg, what are you carrying Mr. Alfisti.

*Alfisti pulls out a Beretta 950 Jetfire and places it on the desk.

Lorenzo: I thought so, one of these damned little Berettas. You're just using it because it doesn't mess up your suit aren't you?

Alfisti: *drops his hat on the Chief's desk* Absolutely. Agency prolicy dictates that I have to carry, but it's very difficult to play the laconic fop if people think your next action is going to be to shoot them.

Lorenzo: Ten points for style Mister Alfisti... negative several million for common sense. Consider this a direct order: go to the armory and draw something more practical.

Alfisti: Right away Sir. *Picks up his hat and turns to go*

Lorenzo: Leave the Beretta please.

Alfisti: Sigh. *Pulls the 950 out from under his hat and puts it back on the chief's desk*

Lorenzo: Goodbye Mister Alfisti.

Last edited by Alfisti on Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 18:16

I'm going to borrow Alfisti's disclaimer; slightly modified.

I too am in no-way, shape or form what you would consider a "gun" bloke. I have not actually picked up a loaded firearm since I left the military over a decade ago. As a result some of my selections have been less than optimal.
When I chose the weapons for my OC fratello I went for pragmatic simplicity. Elio gave Marisa a Beretta 92 because the SWA armoury had stacks of them; therefore he didn't have to special order anything. When he lost his Colt 1911 (Marisa had to toss it in the River Seine while avoiding Parisian cops) he replaced it with another Beretta 92. It's reasonably accurate, easy to get parts for and pretty indestructable...'nuff said.

As for rifles; when the fratello is called upon to pull off a short to medium range sniper shot Elio uses a H&K G3/SG1 (the hyperactive Marisa is a lousy sniper...her handler takes the long shots). It's an old, reliable design refined over decades.
Admittedly, with only a 20-round box magazine Mari's Kel-Tech RFB rifle is a poor choice. I might have it get destroyed in a future episode so she can pick up something more practical.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 0:31

The weapons my OCs use is weapons I have used:
the 1911 (and the famous American Arms 1981/84 variant) in various formats. Mostly are personal weapons choices for the OCs. the Colt 1911. 38Super for Juanita, and the SW 1911 .45ACP for Rachel. Fernando uses the AA M1981/84, which is a double width frame and allows 16 rounds in .45ACP; similar guns to it are the STI, SVI and Rock Island Amoury's 1911MA2- which are all double width frames and can hold 14 - 16 rounds in the magazines. Fernando has been in gun flights where the opponents look and say, wow, a 1911... 7 round capability- 8 at the most. Then they run when they realize Fernando has past 10 shots and is still firing! (if they had not gotten hit).
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? Colt45
A standard issue, no frills 1911 (actually an 1911MA1) from the US Army by Colt.

the North American Arms .32NAA, for Fernando and Rachel. They are 'mission guns', used when concealment is necessary. Its .32 round in a necked down .38 casing makes a powerful round, capable of penetrating light body amour like the QSZ 92 in 5.8mmX21mm. With an extended magazine, it can hold 10 rounds and still fit in the palm of your hand.
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? 32naag

the SiG 239 (only Francesca has this because the SWA gave it to her. Fernando might upgrade her to a 1911 in the future. Maybe a SiG GSR)
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? SIG-P239

the M1 Garand (great sniper rifle, used since WWII). Fernando like it a lot. Rachel used it to beat up Muffin with in Panzer's Detective's Daughter.
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? M1Garand

the M16 w/grenade launcher (an old standby and room sweeper)
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? M16_m203

the M82/M107 .50 cal Barret. (Reach out and touch someone almost a mile away!)
If you were to be a handler what weapons would you give to your charge? M107

Though Rachel and Francesca do not do sniping action, they are trained on them and are expert marksmen with them. But again, sniping is not their role, infiltration and espionage is. Killing is only when needed, like their cover is blown or in self defense.

ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 1:06

I've not handled any real guns beyond bolt-action .22's and once, a 12-gauge shotgun, but I've been doing at the very least some research and I do pick up Tactical Weapons magazine every so often. My research therefore influences my choices:

For my charge, this would be his/her loadout--

Primary/Instrument case weapon: Kalashnikov AKMS. Reliable, easy to learn, plenty of stopping power, plenty of ammo worldwide, and if the Padanians are anything to go by, they use these things a lot as well and so ammo can be scrounged off of slain opponents--if necessary.

Sidearm: Kimber Custom II. A good .45-caliber weapon that will put a subject down with even a fair-to-middling shot. it is a man-stopper. The design, like the AK, has proven to be reliable and has been around for years. I would also make sure my charge can master is regularly evaluated on his/her skill using the 'El Presidente' drill: