Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What might appear in a Season 3 anime?

+9
Awinnell
Godot
Danjo3
Nachtsider
maverick375
ElfenMagix
FearTheLASERFACE
Triela
Odon
13 posters

Go down

What might appear in a Season 3 anime? Empty What might appear in a Season 3 anime?

Post by Odon Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 6:14

Petrushka obviously, especially given her cameo in Il Teatrino. Likely events up to her declaration of love for Sandro at least, if not their first kiss. In hitting those marks you'd cover Sandro's backstory with Rossana.

Most of the notes of Angelica's death - and how Marco reacts to it - have already been covered in the first season anime. So will Angelica still be killed by a carbomb, or will they have her die during the belltower siege instead of a redshirt character like Silvia or Chiara? (but not Beatrice).

Triela finding out about her past re: Hilshire (especially if it's important to later events e.g. these two turning against the SWA) though if Angelica's death is changed why would Hilshire suddenly get protective and leave Triela in the hotel room? Maybe it's sparked by the doctors telling him she's not going to live much longer -- perhaps in response to her memory loss (Triela not remembering who gave her the weapons).

And the hunt for Dante culminating in the belltower seige for the action arc. End with...a cliffhanger? Dante flying off?

Think they'd be able to fit that into thirteen episodes?

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

What might appear in a Season 3 anime? Empty Re: What might appear in a Season 3 anime?

Post by Triela Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 9:19

Petrushka.

>_<
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

What might appear in a Season 3 anime? Empty Re: What might appear in a Season 3 anime?

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 9:41

I dunno they might but it depends on how much time they spend on Petruska. But I think the culminating fight will be the Bell Tower Seige.

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 11:23

I think they'll just make it pretty much the same with some pieces shortened or removed to make it fit. Maybe they'll give the
Spoiler:
a cameo, cept he'll be slightly off screen with his face not visible, so you won't know its him unless you saw parts of the manga we never got to translating.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 14:15

Odon wrote:Petrushka obviously, especially given her cameo in Il Teatrino. Likely events up to her declaration of love for Sandro at least, if not their first kiss. In hitting those marks you'd cover Sandro's backstory with Rossana.

Most of the notes of Angelica's death - and how Marco reacts to it - have already been covered in the first season anime. So will Angelica still be killed by a carbomb, or will they have her die during the belltower siege instead of a redshirt character like Silvia or Chiara? (but not Beatrice).

Triela finding out about her past re: Hilshire (especially if it's important to later events e.g. these two turning against the SWA) though if Angelica's death is changed why would Hilshire suddenly get protective and leave Triela in the hotel room? Maybe it's sparked by the doctors telling him she's not going to live much longer -- perhaps in response to her memory loss (Triela not remembering who gave her the weapons).

And the hunt for Dante culminating in the belltower seige for the action arc. End with...a cliffhanger? Dante flying off?

Lets get one thing straight here:
ANGIE DID NOT DIE IN SEASON ONE AND MARCO DID NOT REACT TO SUCH A DEATH!!!
If Angie died, what the hell is she doing in season 2? ANSWER THAT!!!

Now with that out of the way. There is a big step between V5/6 and V9. With the anime seasons covering about 2 volumes, they will not reach Angie's death until Anime season 4 in the least. First off, they need to introduce Petra, like in season 1 when they introduced Henrietta- it took 2 episodes. Then it her back story and her memories. Another 2 - 3 episodes. So thats 5 episodes wasted. Then there will be a back story for Petra's first day on the field, where she takes that Padania agent in the subway. Thus far 6, almost 1/2 of the 13 episodes will be wasted on Petra. Then comes Sandro and his past to deal with, and with Rosanna, aka 'The Machine' that is going to take at least 5 episodes as it took almost an entire volume to do! What's left with the rest? Parts of V7, and trying to release Claes in the field with Petra.

Only good thing that will come out of this is watching Cleas beat the crap out of Petra when she tries to take her glasses.

So, season 3 will be basically, ALL PETRA, ALL THE TIME!

Its going to suck and suck badly.

Season 4 will be of Angie's death, and how the handlers are going to handle it. Then it will also include V10, and Triela/Hillshire's relationship. Its going to suck badly as well. Only when Season 5 comes will you see Dante come into the picture.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 14:26

ElfenMagix wrote:
Odon wrote:
Most of the notes of Angelica's death - and how Marco reacts to it - have already been covered in the first season anime.

I think what Odon meant that while Angie did not die in s1, he thought it resembled the V9 scene closely enough so that Season something anime death scene might be different.
FearTheLASERFACE
FearTheLASERFACE

Male

Forum Posts : 201

Original Characters : Subject 2-Alpha, Serina, Sarah, James Antolini, Jack Vesputchi

Comments : Kalashnikov sounds so much more bad*** than AK-47

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 15:11

FearTheLASERFACE wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:
Odon wrote:
Most of the notes of Angelica's death - and how Marco reacts to it - have already been covered in the first season anime.

I think what Odon meant that while Angie did not die in s1, he thought it resembled the V9 scene closely enough so that Season something anime death scene might be different.
That is not how I see it.
In fact with speaking many who I call Illiterates of GsG, who only seen Season 1 and nothing else, will say that Angie dies in the end of Episode 13. They do not listen to Marco's last words which were "...You're asleep..." but to the rather somber music at the end. To them that shows that Angie dies when she didn't. It also does not state how Marco reacts when Angie dies. There is a difference. In V9, when Angie dies, Marco cries. He did not in Season 1/Episode 13. Nor was he driven to make her comfortable as he was in V9. Nothing in S1/Ep13 shows Marco dealing with Angie's death, and nothing says that she died then either. As strong as Marco is as a character, these faults are not shown until the end in V9. Marco being human for once at the time of Angie's death is not show in S1/Ep13. Thus, WTF is Odon getting this information? Obviously not here and not from the printed and video materials of GsG.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 17:32

Calm down, Elf. Not everyone is as versed as we are.

I also think that some creative liberties will be taken to avoid Petra/Sandro taking up more than 5 of the episodes in a season three. There's a lot happening, including the introduction of Roberta Guellfi and the adult Triela (I know you've been waiting for that!). There's a considerable amount of exposition on both the FRF and the Croce case, so maybe some of the vol 11 stuff will be bumped up in some form. Regardless, since Sandro and Petra feature prominently in 7-8, you'll just have to tough it out.

Isn't anime like that, in almost all series? There are parts that you'll gladly skip over after the first viewing, or something that nags you constantly? Personally, if I hear any form of "This is the final blow" when it obviously isn't, I feel like pounding someone one just to make it stop.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 20:40

What might appear in a Season 3 anime? Simple - as many post-Season 2 storylines as possible. Hopefully under the auspices of a GOOD animation studio.

And hopefully without too much creative control from Yu. Or he'll turn it into 'Petrushka and Friends'.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 22:02

LOL petruska and friends. Is that going to be like the three bears. This one is to small this one is to big and this one is just right. If you know what I mean. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 2:58

ElfenMagix wrote:So, season 3 will be basically, ALL PETRA, ALL THE TIME!
*BANG!*
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 3:37

Danjo3 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:So, season 3 will be basically, ALL PETRA, ALL THE TIME!
*BANG!*
Let me join you there *BANG!*

Honestly, pretty much anything could happen in Season 3, assuming it is ever made. If the brilliant minds that did Season 1 were in control, they might simply write new material not found in the manga, such as in Season 1, which I would be perfectly happy with. They might create a series of short stories again, using the manga material, their own, or a mix. Maybe they'll ignore the atrocity known of Il Teatrino all together in their narrative, which would also be a welcome direction. If so, perhaps they'll leave Petra out completely, especially seeing that including her would consume almost the entirety of another season. While they're at it, they might redo material adapted into Il Teatrino, such as the Pino arc, if they feel that Il Teatrino didn't do it justice (it didn't).

If it were done by much less worthy persons (Aida and Arthouse), maybe it really will turn into "Petra and Friends", continuing the pattern of descent into abysmal quality in all its aspects. From there, expect to either wait for another season afterwards with even more Petra, with the original five used as a garnish of sorts, or a balancing of focus between her and the original five. One is obviously better than the other here, but I'd prefer neither.

You can guess what I'm hoping for, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. All this assumes, of course, that there actually will be a Season 3, which is really the salient issue here. I haven't heard anything about it, but considering all the directions this hypothetical season could go, the most apparent right now being nowhere, I'll just either withhold hope or continue praising Season 1 and hoping against all odds for a Season 2.

If we can hold on, we can fix what is wrong~
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 6:06

Godot wrote:Maybe they'll ignore the atrocity known of Il Teatrino all together in their narrative, which would also be a welcome direction. If so, perhaps they'll leave Petra out completely, especially seeing that including her would consume almost the entirety of another season. While they're at it, they might redo material adapted into Il Teatrino, such as the Pino arc, if they feel that Il Teatrino didn't do it justice (it didn't).
This begs the question. Why are reboots are so uncommon in the anime world?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 7:27

Nachtsider wrote:[This begs the question. Why are reboots are so uncommon in the anime world?

it does happen occaisionall,Tenchi,Negima for example,but is unlikely in this case as theres not a big enough market for it to happen,they've already got a script why pay to rewrite it ?

Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 16:33

ElfenMagix wrote:In fact with speaking many who I call Illiterates of GsG, who only seen Season 1 and nothing else, will say that Angie dies in the end of Episode 13. They do not listen to Marco's last words which were "...You're asleep..." but to the rather somber music at the end.

The actual line is "Angelica? Are you asleep? Angelica?".

Neither the Japanese nor the English voice actor delivers this line with any stress, so Marco likely does not believe she is dead.

As one of those who believed at the time that she did die, I believed such through a combination of Jean telling Rico on the firing range that he believed Angelica would die soon combined with GSG being a somber story so having Angelica die fit with the tempo of the show. And since it was clear Yu Aida was not writing the scripts, that Angelica was still alive at the end of Chapter 8 did not instill in me an ironclad belief that she didn't die because the Chateau Attack never happened in the manga.

Yu Aida never explained why Angelica was in the hospital in Chapter 8, so the animation scriptwriters had the luxury of making something up.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 2:22

I never said she died. What I meant was that most of the points covered in the manga (e.g. Marco realising he was acting like a jerk, trying to track down her old dog, and Angelica remembering the Prince of Pasta story) were shown at the end of the Season One anime. So they may decide not to have Angelica dying in the hospital, but have a death-in-combat instead.

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 10:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lets get that quote box fixed... EM)

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 10:42

Odon wrote:

I never said she died. What I meant was that most of the points covered in the manga (e.g. Marco realising he was acting like a jerk, trying to track down her old dog, and Angelica remembering the Prince of Pasta story) were shown at the end of the Season One anime. So they may decide not to have Angelica dying in the hospital, but have a death-in-combat instead.

Lets see...
Odon wrote:

I'm no expert on the English language but...

There is a big difference in what happens in Season 1/Episode 13 and what happens in Volume 9/Chapter 45. You also have to go see Season 2, though many say its trashy, its shows changes in Marco on trying to deal with a changing Angie as in V4 & V5. Yes, in V1, V2 and before then, Marco may have treated Angie badly when she started to show signs of failing, he has begun to change for the better soon afterwards after that talk with Dr. Bianchi.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 16:25

Kiskaloo wrote:As one of those who believed at the time that she did die, I believed such through a combination of Jean telling Rico on the firing range that he believed Angelica would die soon combined with GSG being a somber story so having Angelica die fit with the tempo of the show. And since it was clear Yu Aida was not writing the scripts, that Angelica was still alive at the end of Chapter 8 did not instill in me an ironclad belief that she didn't die because the Chateau Attack never happened in the manga.

Yu Aida never explained why Angelica was in the hospital in Chapter 8, so the animation scriptwriters had the luxury of making something up.

To add to this,when we see her in ch8,that's the first time we see her,it's the chapter that introduces her (she'd been mentioned by name earlier) , all the backstory is told in the following chapters,so in the manga there's no reason to think that she'd die.
In the anime when we get that scene,it's not in an episode that introduces her,not at all,we already know her backstory and the previous episode was a filler showing she had gotten critically injured.
The only reason the anime team did this to me is to imply her death because they needed some sort of ending,if not they could have just stayed closer to the manga and have that scene be at the start of episode 8.

That's what happens when you change staff and the new staff doesn't care one bit about what the old staff did and changes everything
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 0:55

Here's my take on a possible thirteen episode series.

1) Introduction of Sandro and Petra, mixed with Petra's backstory.

2) More Petra backstory, intercut with Sandro training her. Ends with Petra successfully taking out the Padania terrorist in the train station.

3) Sandro's backstory with Rossana. Some Sandro/Petra scenes showing how Sandro's past influences his training/treatment of Petra.

4) Claes gets angry when she catches Petra wearing her glasses, but they end up working together at Lake Maggiore. Expect the first mention of Dante here.

5) Petra/Sandro and Triela/Hilshire are assigned to bodyguard Roberta Guellfi. Introduction of Dante as a villain (perhaps shown buying the cruise missile).

6) Some background regarding the Croce brothers and the assassination of their parents, etc by Dante. Attempted assassination of Roberta.

7) Sandro meets Rossana again. Ends with Petra declaring her love (perhaps going straight to their First Kiss rather than waiting till after Angelica's death).

8) Angelica's death (without the long hospital convalescence). Perhaps she goes in for a routine conditioning and deteriorates unexpectedly. Triela starts to experience memory loss. Henrietta has creepy nightmares during her conditioning. The doctors tell the handlers that the First Gen cyborgs are running out of time.

9) Roberta and Hilshire meet up again in Naples. Hilshire gets wounded going on a mission without Triela. Triela flees in tears.

10) Roberta saves Triela from the Camorrista, ends up at Mimi's place. Triela discovers her backstory (much of which has already been covered in Teatrino, so it can be shortened mainly to what happened after Triela was rescued from the snuff film makers). Hilshire passes out and gets snogged by Triela.

11) Lead-up to Belltower assault - Hilshire wonders why he has lipstick on his cheek (just kidding!), Dante organises his evil plot, Henrietta's increasing fear of death, and some stuff with Beatrice so it'll be more tragic when she dies.

12) Bell Tower of St Marks assault, Part 1. Cliffhanger with discovery of cruise missile.

13) Bell Tower of St Marks assault, Part 2. Ends with Petra/Sandro in the water, happy to be alive (perhaps they First Kiss here). Dante flies off in his helicopter, creating a cliffhanger for Series Four!

The credits scene (as at the end of "Il Teatrino", but with more of a downer pitch) would show Jean pushing aside Rico, a catatonic Henrietta, Jose being loaded into an ambulance, Hilshire cradling an unconscious Triela (who then opens her eyes and smiles at him, letting the audience know she's Not Really Dead), the bodies of Chiara and Sylvia being gathered up while Bernardo searches futilely for his cyborg, finding only a scrap of her clothing.

If they followed the above plan it would cut much of Rossana's story, except where it's relevant to Sandro/Petra; as a result it also removes a lot of Sandro's backstory too. While that might please some people it does potentially weaken the series - if we don't find out enough about Sandro, we don't care about him and therefore don't understand why Petra falls in love with him. Also there's a reason why there's so much Sandro/Petra in the manga. The other girls are introduced 'In Medias Res' - their relationships with their handlers are already established and any other information we find out is via flashbacks. Sandro and Petra on the other hand we see at the beginning of their partnership and follow their relationship chronologically.

Chiara and Sylvia will probably appear in a couple more scenes, a la Beatrice in "Il Teatrino" - nothing special but enough that they're not obvious redshirts who appear out of nowhere. Likewise Dante's name will be mentioned earlier and more often -- the whole season will pretty much be a hunt for Dante by Section 1.

Despite what I said earlier Angelica's death will probably be kept the way it was in the manga - they appear to be following the manga pretty closely, and it has an important psychological effect on everyone (her death is also a perfect "mid-season crisis"). They'll just drop the Marco/Angelica stuff that they've already covered and show the effect on the Section 1 handlers as a whole.

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 1:42

You got this all wrong.
From V5 - V7 is basically all Petra all the time. No way all that is going to fit in 1 season, and on top of that throw in V8, the whole Rosanna story line which will take more than 6 episode to depict. There are some 5 missions and training missions during this time. There is also a lot of personal stuff that is to be put up as well. No way all that is going to fit into 13 episodes, each one just a bit over 20 minutes long!

Furthermore- 1 episode for Angie? You daft in the brain? The entire V9 is about Angie, her life, her problems, her health and her end. It is also about her handler and how she wormed her way into his heart. This does not deserve 1 episode, it deserves its own season!

I would suggest ending this discussion before it gets locked, or worse- deleted. You dont know what you are talking about, and its getting on my nerves.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 2:48

Will you relax? I just suggested one way they might do it. Stop taking everything so personal.

There's nothing unusual about cutting out large parts of a manga so it'll fit in an anime. Just look at Akira!

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 15:38

Odon wrote:Will you relax? I just suggested one way they might do it. Stop taking everything so personal.

There's nothing unusual about cutting out large parts of a manga so it'll fit in an anime. Just look at Akira!
Personal? Yes, I take my GsG very seriously. And no, you're not my doctor or my family member to be telling me to relax. This is my heart attack and I will enjoy to the very last defibrillator shock!

The Original Akira, circa 1992? If I remember correctly, that anime was created before the manga, so things were added to it later on in the Manga. But it was added early in the manga to make it look like two different stories. At least in America, the anime came years before the manga did. I know, I have both in my collection from when they came to the US.

The pattern of GsG Manga to Anime is more or less 2 - 2.5 volumes per season. That is not going to change, and shortcuts will not be taken. Since the Petra/Sandro story takes up 2.5 volumes, starting at the end of V5, Season 3 is not going to end until partway into V8. Angie dies in V9, and as such will not be in Season 3. If there is a Season 4, this is where is begins, at the start of V9. This is my proof of point to this discussion argument.

The shortcuts you take shows no character development (even for Petra and Sandro), no plot development, and no story development. You basically put into action, "Once a upon a time there was a girl who liked pasta. She died. The End." This is not worthy of an anime. This is not worthy of a kindergarten 3-page story picture book! The order of your anime events also does not support each other as part of the story development. At best it shows elements of some idiot playing First Person Shoot'em Ups and complaining about the lag! I have seen segments of Duke Nukem 3D with more story development than this! You just can not say "This happened" without some sort of proof or back up in the story, for it is known as "Pulling It Out Of Your Ass", and even worst "Deus Ex Machina".

The anime episodes are about 20 minutes long. Even in the format you have it, it is not possible for the stories to fit as you have them. Furthermore, with Yu's attention to detail and flow, it will continue in the 2 - 2.5 volume length per season for 13 episodes. This will push Season 3 to the end of V8. All Petra, all the time! V9 will happen in Season 4 and the attack on the tower on Season 5. This is how it flows, this is how it will happen. You cant take a whole volume and squeeze it into a 20 minute anime episode. It is impossible to do so. And this is my beef with you.

You are showing me that you can not formulate a story, develop a plot, create characters, describe events, follow a flow, and disseminate actions without taking short cuts and taking things for granted. Your version will barely work if the viewers have read the Manga up to V12. But since only up to V6 was translated in English, you will lose the audience once it passes V6. Furthermore, people seeing this will be going "WTF?!!" when they see it, even if they read to the current V12. In short, you will lose the audience, and as a business, your sales will plummet to zero and you will have to save face to your board of directors and explain your actions. The you will be fired, and the GsG universe will be left as a burning wreck at the end of the runway. Forums and blogs will only write negatively about what you have done and fans will create fanfiction and fanart to undo what you did on an independent level. These are my proofs that you do not know what you are talking about.

Sit down and think about it. And put up some proof of indisputable evidence that I am wrong.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 16:16

Certainly there are passionate feelings involved here, but I think you're all missing two important points:
1: No matter what season 3 ends up as, we're all going to find something to bitch about.
2:What might appear in a Season 3 anime? InternetArguing
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 26 Jan 2011 - 17:54

Indeed, maverick375.

We're here to enjoy ourselevs and express our fandom.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 0:29

Whoa.

Whoa whoa whoa.

It's a cartoon, guys. Take it easy.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 20:56

ElfenMagix wrote:Personal? Yes, I take my GsG very seriously. And no, you're not my doctor or my family member to be telling me to relax. This is my heart attack and I will enjoy to the very last defibrillator shock!

I’m sorry. I genuinely did not mean to insult you, however I should point out that you’re been trolling me for this entire thread. If you want a rational discussion – which means treating other peoples’ opinions with respect - I’d be glad to continue.

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 21:28

Odon wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Personal? Yes, I take my GsG very seriously. And no, you're not my doctor or my family member to be telling me to relax. This is my heart attack and I will enjoy to the very last defibrillator shock!

I’m sorry. I genuinely did not mean to insult you, however I should point out that you’re been trolling me for this entire thread. If you want a rational discussion – which means treating other peoples’ opinions with respect - I’d be glad to continue.
I'm only questioning the logic, reason and methods to what you think can be in Season 3.
I stated my points and the lack of yours to support them. A good argument is when either on wins by a land slide or both are tied equally and a mutual agreement is made. No need for apologies to be given or taken.

My points were:
-Given almost 4+ volumes, it is not going to fit into a 13 episode season.

-Taking shortcuts to fit more volumes into a season takes away from character development, story definition, plot generation and overall feel of the genre.

-You have more than 7 volumes squeezed into one season. This is not possible, even if you squeeze them into an episode each. This creates shortcuts and I stated my point on taking short cuts. There is also no way you are going to be able to add back stories as you stated to this as they too need details, subject and form.

-Details of volumes themselves, especially V9, will take up much of a season on their own. No way to fit this with the others and share them across the board.

-From V5 to V8 of the Gunslinger Girl, Petrushka and Sandro are the stars of the show. Like I said in the past, "All Petra, All the Time!" Since Season 3 will be encompassing V5 - V8, it will be "All Petra, All The Time!"

- Yu Aida and the anime houses he has worked with has not taken shorts cuts, taking 2 - 2.5 volumes to do a 13 episode season. Keeping to this pattern, Season 3 will be from the end of V5 to V8. Again, "All Petra, All The Time!"

Now, I ask, what is your points and their proof to back them up?
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 0:23

I’m well aware that the series I suggested cuts out a lot of character development…

But Yu will have to do this if he wants to make the third season something other than Petra and Friends, as you yourself pointed out.

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 1:02

Odon wrote:But Yu will have to do this if he wants to make the third season something other than Petra and Friends, as you yourself pointed out.
Seeing the interviews of the voice actors in Season 2, it was pointed out that if there is a third season, it will continue where Season 2 left off, which was near the end of V5 and follow the same 2 and half volumes format the others did. Only thing they believe is the Petra and Friends thing will be toned down and there will be more interplay with the other characters. This means that it might be possible that the original anime house will take over and have more control and freedom like they did with Season one. They believe this because if they follow like they did with Il Treato, most of the voice actors will not be used because their characters are not in the series and they do not want that.

(this according to my Japanese friend who explained what they said.)
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 2:13

So two and a half volumes brings us, say, to the end of "Lady Rosso". OK, that means a focus on Petra/Sandro/Rossino, and some action with Claes and Triela. So what elements will they bring in re: Jean/Rico, Jose/Henrietta and Angelica/Marco from the later manga?

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 5:54

Well let's look at how they adapted the manga for "Il Teatrino". There's roughly one chapter per episode, though some combine two. The order of events is also changed.

1) "Distance Between Two: Brother and Sister" (Chapter 12: "Kaleidoscope"). There's also a Jose/Enrica flashback and a terrorist attack taken from the beginning of manga chapter Ch 21 "Wise Serpeants, Innocent Doves", but they've added an action sequence where the fratellos chase down the terrorists (presumably to use as many main characters as possible in an introductory scene).
2) "Pinocchio" (Ch 13: "Pinocchio, Part 1")
3) "Simulacra" (Ch 14 & 15: "Pinocchio, Part 2 & 3")
4) "Angelica's Return" (Ch 16: "Breaking the Chains of Retaliation")
5) "Evanescence and Reminiscence" (Ch 23: "Evanescence", Triela's roof-sitting scene from Ch 19: "Mimi Machiavelli)
6) "Retirement of the Tibetan Terrier" (Ch 17: "Retiring Tibetan Terrier")
7) "Caterina and the Circle of Revenge" (Ch 24: "Caterina" and the bouncing mine scene from Ch 25: "Pinocchio, Part 4")
8) "A Day in the Life of Claes" (Ch 18: "Tiny Joy, Tearless Grief", with some added Beatrice stuff)
9) "Clever Snake, Simple Pigeon" (Ch 21: "Wise Serpeants, Innocent Doves", and Ch 20: "Tosca")
10) "Flowers of Good Will" (Ch 19: "Mimi Machiavelli" minus the scene where Mimi does a runner, & Ch 22: "The Flower That Blooms in Honesty's Light")
11) "Budding Feelings" (Ch 25: "Pinocchio, Part 4", added scene at Messina Bridge)
12) "The Fighting Puppet" (action scene at the Messina bridge, Ch 26: "Pinocchio, Part 5")
13) "And So Pinocchio Becomes Human" (Ch 27: "Pinocchio, Part 6")
Plus the OVA (Ch 28: "Dum siro, spero" & Ch 29: "Fantasma")

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 22:16

Dante HAS to be in the third season. He probably the last of the five major FRF characters not introduced yet into the anime.

I've also been seeing something where the FRF eventually get Black Hawks and armored fighting vehilcles.

JameyoftheMegacosmos

Male

Forum Posts : 167

Fan of : Crossovers

Original Characters : Henrietta and Jose

Comments : Very interested in the series. Like to learn more.

Registration date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by imksoon Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 11:14

ElfenMagix wrote:
Odon wrote:Petrushka obviously, especially given her cameo in Il Teatrino. Likely events up to her declaration of love for Sandro at least, if not their first kiss. In hitting those marks you'd cover Sandro's backstory with Rossana.

Now with that out of the way. There is a big step between V5/6 and V9. With the anime seasons covering about 2 volumes, they will not reach Angie's death until Anime season 4 in the least. First off, they need to introduce Petra, like in season 1 when they introduced Henrietta- it took 2 episodes. Then it her back story and her memories. Another 2 - 3 episodes. So thats 5 episodes wasted. Then there will be a back story for Petra's first day on the field, where she takes that Padania agent in the subway. Thus far 6, almost 1/2 of the 13 episodes will be wasted on Petra. Then comes Sandro and his past to deal with, and with Rosanna, aka 'The Machine' that is going to take at least 5 episodes as it took almost an entire volume to do! What's left with the rest? Parts of V7, and trying to release Claes in the field with Petra.

Only good thing that will come out of this is watching Cleas beat the crap out of Petra when she tries to take her glasses.

So, season 3 will be basically, ALL PETRA, ALL THE TIME!

Its going to suck and suck badly.

Season 4 will be of Angie's death, and how the handlers are going to handle it. Then it will also include V10, and Triela/Hillshire's relationship. Its going to suck badly as well. Only when Season 5 comes will you see Dante come into the picture.

If they make season3 , the story of Sandro and Petra will be made for OVA (I guess... What might appear in a Season 3 anime? 61015 )
imksoon
imksoon

Male

Forum Posts : 70

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : Cloe

Comments : small height but good length of lags and arms

hair style : poney tail

etc :

Registration date : 2011-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum