Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raballo's Death?

5 posters

Go down

Raballo's Death? Empty Raballo's Death?

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 22:34

So I am kinda cofused about Raballo's death. I remember seeing in the anime that he "just wanted to see a reporter". There, the reporter looked like the guy who wanted info, so Raballo was going to talk about the SWA. But then, why did he tell Claes that he wasn't leaving? Was that a lie or he wanted to stay in the agency?

Seeing it that way, it sounds logical that the SWA killed him, and he thought he could die doing that, so he gave Claes all those things.

But in the manga, it seems that the "reporter" has the info. Then, what is the problem with him?

Oh, BTW, English is my second language, so tell me if I made any mistake, please.

Back to top Go down

Raballo's Death? Empty Re: Raballo's Death?

Post by Nachtsider Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 22:39

Raballo wanted to see Dandini with the purpose of exposing the SWA. I'm not sure where you got the information about Dandini getting the information from Raballo, Alados, since Raballo never made it to that stage - the Agency got to him first. They almost certainly must have gotten to Dandini as well.

Raballo's telling Claes that he would not be really leaving may have been a means of saying that no matter what happened, he would always be with her - be it a physical return once the Agency had been taken down, or by being with her in spirit if he died trying. Giving Claes the keys to his room and her old glasses was probably in anticipation of the latter outcome.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 23:03

my take on the situation, written before I had read Nachtsider's post (I forgot to hit 'send' :lol!Smile:

Well, I'd say he told Claes he wasn't leaving both to avoid her unintentionally letting SWA personnel know his plans, and because he intended to return at the head of an investigation team intent on exposing the agency to public scrutiny.

As for how he died... Jean told Claes that he was killed in a hit-and-run traffic accident. If he wasn't flat-out lying, I'd say either Amadeo or Jean himself was driving the car, or perhaps they hired someone outside of the agency. If Jean was lying to Claes, Rico probably shot Raballo.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 23:05

My fanfiction has Elsa and Lauro murder Raballo in a drive-by shooting, ala Muhammad and Malvo complete with a sniper's nest in a car boot.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 31 Dec 2007 - 11:04

The SWA is always making the mistake of assuming that their targets of elimination are dead when dealth with. One day this is going to haunt them. At least with the assassination of the chief of police, Jose took down and badly wounded the the target but it was a survivable hit. Henrietta finshed him off with the blow to the head.

I believe that Jean had someting to do with Rabello's death. Around Rabello, Jean in the SWA seem to be hard and pushy on him. When they were both in the military poilce, with 'Captain' Rabello being Jean's supervising and superior office, Rabello was probably hard on him at times; but that goes with the terroritory.

One thing that sets me off, When Jean told Cleas of Rabello's death, he was in what I call his 'work clothes', with Rico no where in sight.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2007 - 18:27

The SWA works pretty close. They usually have to wash their targets brains off their shoes, so most of the time there's no probelm with the survivability factor.

Jean was in the MP? Somehow, I managed to forget/miss that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 31 Dec 2007 - 19:33

Jean was in Carabinieri like his brother. It is a flat out military force, but focus on civilian policing.

Range shouldn't matter, when you have the time, check the 'dead.' I get the sense that they do. In the first episode Triela is rolling over a corpse. Maybe she wants to look under the body, but I get the sense she checking to see if he's alive. It's not something you can afford to do in the middle of combat though. Besides it doesn't help to make the girls like-able if they go ahead and put a round in everyones head when their done. So I can understand why we don't see it, but I'm confident it happens more often then not.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 31 Dec 2007 - 20:27

ElfenMagix wrote:One thing that sets me off, When Jean told Cleas of Rabello's death, he was in what I call his 'work clothes', with Rico no where in sight.

This is one of the best points I've ever seen thus far implicating Jean and Rico. Perhaps Jean isolated his ward to prevent her from giving the game away by panicking - Rico doesn't lie very well, even by her own admission.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 7:00

3klicks wrote:Jean was in the MP? Somehow, I managed to forget/miss that.
In the anime when Raballo first meets Jean, he says something to the effect of, I heard somethings after you left the MP's, referring to Jean's joining the Agency.
ElfenMagix wrote:One thing that sets me off, When Jean told Cleas of Rabello's death, he was in what I call his 'work clothes', with Rico no where in sight.
I'm surprised they told her at all. That was a truly messy way of going about it (not to mention unnecessary). I would have made up some bogus reason for her to go to the clinic, then give her something to knock her out, and go from there. She's going to forget the stupid hit and run story anyway so why bother? It almost seemed a little sadistic on Jean's part.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 20:52

Nachtsider wrote:I'm not sure where you got the information about Dandini getting the information from Raballo, Alados, since Raballo never made it to that stage - the Agency got to him first. They almost certainly must have gotten to Dandini as well.

It looks like I didn't express myself well. In the manga, before leaving, he says that "he has some questions about the things that occur there" (Volume 2, Chapter 6, Page 27) I don't get why he thought that a mere reporter would tell him something, and that lie seems unnecessary.

Danjo3: Maybe: a)he didn't expect her to blank out and forget everything b)he wanted to make a more believable story, as Triela was there c) he is just too sadistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 1:05

Alados wrote:b)he wanted to make a more believable story, as Triela was there
All of the girls know about Cleas’ past (Raballo), but are obliviously forbidden to talk about it, so again , letting Triela know about the hit and run stuff is pointless. As far as I’m concerned, it would make more sense to keep the girls in the dark as much as possible. There would be much less danger of someone accidentally saying the wrong thing. I really can’t see any reason that Jean would put Cleas and Triela though that unnecessary emotional trauma.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 5:58

You know that's the thing. The way Henrietta talk at the end of Claes story. Makes me wonder if the other girls are even aware Raballo existed. I don't know that they could ever be trusted to keep their mouth shut. Triela agreeing not to say anything to her roommate? Rebellious Triela. I always felt a little fuzzy on that.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 6:01

Perhaps all of them had a rewrite in the wake of Raballo's death.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 6:29

Yeah, but I see Jose, and Hilshire fighting that kind of a thing. It's a real option though. I could also be mistaken. I don't know. It's vague like that.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 21:28

Nachtsider wrote:Perhaps all of them had a rewrite in the wake of Raballo's death.
I can not see that happening.
I can see that such a program was put into them in the orginal conditional rewrite. As shown with Petra, when she spoke ill of Alessandro- she got physically ill. Perhaps in the Type 1 Cyborgs, they are not so speak ill of any handler. Speaking about Rabello and his death may fall into that conditioning response.

Only problem here is the Ernesto/Pia team. I'm going to stick my head out and say in guessing- Ernesto in their "Fratello On the Run" mission had Pia shot at (to kill) other handlers and their cyborgs. The fact that Henrietta managed to kill her in a gun fight adds credit to this. Shooting is a lot more worst than talking ill of another.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 21:44

ElfenMagix wrote:I can see that such a program was put into them in the orginal conditional rewrite. As shown with Petra, when she spoke ill of Alessandro- she got physically ill. Perhaps in the Type 1 Cyborgs, they are not so speak ill of any handler. Speaking about Rabello and his death may fall into that conditioning response.

Just how does one achieve that level of wizardry? It doesn't seem possible...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down