Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up.

+11
topgearbrzgt86
Probit Return
Plaxy
Officer_Charon
Professor Voodoo
hydra282
Alfisti
MP5
ACH
Triela
overkill13
15 posters

Go down

Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up. Empty Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up.

Post by overkill13 Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 23:53

Hey everyone. GsG is the first anime series I've watched that actually compelled me to read the manga. Quite an accomplishment in my books.

Anyhow, happy to be aboard.

overkill13

Male

Forum Posts : 29

Fan of : I like a lot of things.

Comments : Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up. Empty Re: Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up.

Post by Triela Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 23:55

Hi! Welcome to our lovely Gunslinger Girl boards! Hope you like it here!! ^__^

Who's your favorite cyborg? :3
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up. Empty Re: Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up.

Post by ACH Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 0:02

Here Comes the Greetings Barrage! and to start it of

WELKOM
ACH
ACH

Male

Forum Posts : 390

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 0:05

hello!
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 0:26

Welcome, please check in with Section 1 for screening, any notions of sanity will need to be checked at the gate for security purposes.

Seriously though mate, enjoy your time here and get active... it's more fun for everyone that way.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 0:35

Favorite cyborg? Probably Claes. The intelligent girl with glasses usually gets my vote. Admittedly though, she only wins by a slim margin, I like them all.

My sanity was left behind long before I stepped through this door so, no worries there. Is section one over there *points* in the dark corner? I'm scared to go there for screening.

overkill13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 1:51

Suhmyboyo High Five
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 10:25

Another thing!!!

CHATBOX! XD
ACH
ACH

Male

Forum Posts : 390

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 10:42

overkill13 wrote:My sanity was left behind long before I stepped through this door so, no worries there. Is section one over there *points* in the dark corner? I'm scared to go there for screening.
Yeah, third door on the right.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 14:09

Sanity? That left the room ages ago. Wecome to the forum...enjoy!

Been lurking for a bit, finally joined up. Wamh10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 15:54

Welcome to the family. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 16:26

Howdy howdy!

Also, I would like to point out that your name is somewhat of a misnomer... there is no such thing as "overkill"... only exactly ENOUGH kill. *grins*

That said, welcome aboard! If you brought baggage, we'll try and return it to you largely untouched.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 22:47

Officer_Charon wrote:Also, I would like to point out that your name is somewhat of a misnomer... there is no such thing as "overkill"... only exactly ENOUGH kill. *grins*

Oh no. "There is no kill like overkill" is a personal motto. I like to "kill it with fire" and kill it two or three times just to make sure. I assure you there is, most certainly, such a thing as overkill.

overkill13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 1:14

Rule number 4 double tap it a good rule...

Heya welcome aboard.
Plaxy
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 23:31

Welcome to the forum Overkill. We specialize in many great Gunslinger Girl related material, including fan art, fan fiction, and fan... lations, I guess I could call it. The standard title for it doesn't start with fan, so I had to get creative. I hope you've been enjoying yourself, and don't forget the golden rule. Keep your finger off the trigger until you plan to shoot. That's how people shoot their eyes out.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by overkill13 Mon 6 Jan 2014 - 2:26

Having looked at this wall of text, I'll just thank everyone here at the beginning in case you don't read the whole thing.  I can hardly blame you if you don't.

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this.  I doubt anyone remembers me, I wasn't active hardly at all and frankly it doesn't matter.  As near as I can tell, I'm only here out of some emotional need to reb... er sorry that's Star Trek... emotional need to express myself.

So after forgetting to pack the GSG omnibuses for my vacation, I have finally read through the whole series front to back.  I am man enough to say that I cried.  Not that crying is exactly something foreign to me, I do it when watching movies more often than my "manly" exterior would suggest, however never before has printed media brought me to tears.  I don't think I can truly explain how happy I am that I did cry.

My adventure with GSG started, at least four years ago, with a google image search for "anime girls with guns".  Today I cannot fathom why I made such a search, but I'm happy I did.  http://walcrazy.com/anime-girls-with-guns-2/ or one just like it.  The colour, the pose and the intensity on Henrietta's face had me searching for "Gunslinger Girl" immediately.  I watched two episodes on some illegal anime posting site and was sold, ordering the S1, S2 and OVA DVDs in short order.  The interaction between the handlers and the girls sold me on the series, since I'm a sucker for character stories.  

Once I finished the anime, I wanted more.  Like I said in my first post, GSG is the first anime, that ever made me go read the manga.  I started on MangaFox reading the translations, but the manga wasn't finished and the translations were, understandably, lagging behind even what Yu Aida had released.   I devoured what was available, but this is where my fears would begin.  I wanted more, and I took the plunge into this forum.  Eventually, with two weeks of vacation, I developed a couple OCs and wrote four chapters to a story.  Once vacation ended, so did my free time and so they sit idle, and I cannot find the doc I had with all the details even if I could finish up.  Subsequently I disappeared from the forum, lurking on occasion, but never really delving in.

I have a hard time taking stories in small doses, probably something to do with a desire for instant gratification, seldom able to follow webcomics and not even trying with physical versions.  As a result, I found the time between scanlation releases excruciating.  Almost giving up at points, but eventually returning to find new material available.  I hung on until the end, but I was left empty.  I found Giacomo to be tacked on and a bit too manic.  The whole show down at the Turin Plant felt punishingly long.  The closure of the fratellos felt forced.  I was only able to find a bit of, appropriately, hope in the finale with Speranza.  This left me worried for my love of GSG as I hated to leave it like that.  I paused for a while and waited on my last hope.

When the omnibuses became available I started ordering them, vowing not to touch them until I had them all.  I had the whole collection before I went on vacation to Cuba and when we got to the airport it was my wife who mentioned that I should have packed them.  Too late.  A month later I finally picked them up and started my journey again.  This time I cried, the feels were everywhere and I couldn't be happier.  Giacomo was still manic and just a way to end the story, but more focused.  The showdown felt well paced, though I still find the government going after the SWA and then just kinda backing down forced.  The closure of each fratello was at least acceptable.  Henrietta/Jose was fitting, but I dunno, I guess it felt a little empty.  Jean still seems like he had a lot of repressed love for Rico and I loved the picture on his desk.  Claes lost her garden, but she still felt like she chose not to be lonely.  Alexei seeing Petra was great and say what you want about her before the SWA, finding something to live for after her conditioning was removed was great, plus telling Sandro to go see Rossanna was a nice if predictable touch.  Triela and Hilshire dying together was fitting, especially with the last quip that Triela gets in.  The finale felt about the same and my fears are all averted.

So thanks Yu Aida and thank you Cyborg Central for being there and fueling my love for the series.  Whoever did the animation for the banner pic, I love you.  I wish I could say I was back for the long haul, but my time is limited so it's unlikely.  This post in itself was self serving, considering I find expressing myself through word rewarding and therapeutic, though I don't do it enough.  Thanks again everyone.  I leave you with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40e2I0cjVPA

And I'm crying again.  Cry

overkill13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Mon 6 Jan 2014 - 14:28

Welcome aboard, sir! Nice to meet you!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Mon 6 Jan 2014 - 15:32

Welcome back seems to be the correct way of greeting, so...

Welcome Back!  Very Happy
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Jan 2014 - 3:31

Real life does have this horrible ability to swallow your time. Keep swinging past occasionally and don't be a stranger: who knows, you may just fall back into the habit  Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by valera_firefox Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 14:40

Howdy, partner! Enjoy your stay! %)
valera_firefox
valera_firefox

Female

Forum Posts : 20

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Hillshire, Triela, Henrietta, Fallout, Evangelion, Sonic the Hedgehog

Original Characters : not yet!

Comments : Aida-san was wrong! Elizaveta, not Elizabeta!

Registration date : 2014-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:28

Howdy howdy! Welcome to our little slice of heaven!
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 6:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40e2I0cjVPA

That's normal for me 

You should watch this Angelica's youtube that make me almost cry.
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 4 Feb 2014 - 0:19

Yay for heart-stabby-stories!
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum