Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!?

+11
Professor Voodoo
hydra282
Jacen Starslayer
Officer_Charon
theprodigalson
Kiskaloo
Triela
ACH
emperor
Alfisti
TheGasMaster4381
15 posters

Go down

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Empty hello peoples! :D How do ya do!?

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 3:05

Hello Fellow GSG fans! Cya!

I'm new to the forums here! an I though I would say hello to all the folks here Very Happy
GSG is my absolute fave anime at the moment Yes Indeed I've seen all of season one, but still have to see the 2nd season and the OVA release.

So how do ya do!? tell me about yourselves if you would like! whats your favorite GSG character? and maybe whats your favorite gun on the show?

glad to be a part of the forum! dancin\\'
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Forum Posts : 14

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Hitman 47, Megaman, Sonic

Original Characters : Toshi, Ranko (neither really fan characters) just original in general! :D

Comments : my Deviantart page! http://thegasmaster4381.deviantart.com/

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Back to top Go down

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Empty Re: hello peoples! :D How do ya do!?

Post by Alfisti Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 3:32

TheGasMaster4381 wrote:So how do ya do!? tell me about yourselves if you would like! whats your favorite GSG character? and maybe whats your favorite gun on the show?
...uhh, no mate. You're new. WE get to ask the questions... so answer up. Razz

In all seriousness though, welcome to the forum. Me personally, I like all the characters for different reasons but if I had to choose I'd say Triela or Hilshire... possibly Ferro. Gun wise, honestly I'm not a big enough of a gun bloke to have an answer that. I'd describe my interest in firearms as "passing" and tend to approach them more from a character building perspective than a technical one...
...though you'll find plenty of gun-nuts on here as well.

Anyway, welcome again and get active... it's much more fun for everyone that way. We don't bite... well most of us don't bite. But those who do have had their rabies shots so you should be resonably safe.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 8:55

Welcome to the club! Cheers!
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 9:14

Welcome to the forum. Personaly I get a kick out of Beatrice I just wish she had some more screen time. Alfisti don't forget all of the car nuts here as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 10:45

Petrolheads and Gun-nut's are spread like butter on toast all over Cyborg Central!

and WELKOM

get in here write, draw, whatever you fancy or create an OC (Original Character) and have fun.

We have a chatbox thats quite noisy at times and other times just plain boring (trust me I know!).

BTW Emperor! Im loving the new Avatar!
ACH
ACH

Male

Forum Posts : 390

Fan of : Physics~

Original Characters : Lots~

Comments : None~~~

Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 11:08

Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! Enjoy your stay! ^_^

Who is your favorite GSG character? If you couldn't guess mine it's OBVIOUSLY Henrietta! XDDD
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 11:19

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Triela_Welcome
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 13:41

Many welcomes!
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 14:54

Howdy howdy! Welcome aboard - mind the grue, he doesn't get to eat a lot.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 15:02

Greetings. My favorite characters are definitely Claes, Rico and Pinocchio.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 15:20

Yo bro This is my gun
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 1:02

Greetings TGM...hope you enjoy the forum.

Favorite character?

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Captur32
How about this guy...who the hell is he anyway?
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 3:19

That's Altheus. Razz

Welcome to the club!
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha_Hikari Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 4:08

Hi hi! Welcome to the forum, from one newbie to the next!

My favorite Gunslinger is definitely Aisha! But if I had to pick a Canon GsG, it would be Henrietta!
Aisha_Hikari
Aisha_Hikari

Female

Forum Posts : 84

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Aisha

Comments : *Searching for sweets*

Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 5:39

Alfisti wrote: ...uhh, no mate. You're new. WE get to ask the questions... so answer up. Razz

In all seriousness though, welcome to the forum. Me personally, I like all the characters for different reasons but if I had to choose I'd say Triela or Hilshire... possibly Ferro. Gun wise, honestly I'm not a big enough of a gun bloke to have an answer that. I'd describe my interest in firearms as "passing" and tend to approach them more from a character building perspective than a technical one...
...though you'll find plenty of gun-nuts on here as well.

Anyway, welcome again and get active... it's much more fun for everyone that way. We don't bite... well most of us don't bite. But those who do have had their rabies shots so you should be resonably safe.

Greetings budd! I'll try to answer any questions given! Razz

Probably my fave character would be Triela just cause she looks so awesome in that black jacket of hers Yes Indeed really I like all the main characters from the series, mostly cause the anime dedicated an episode to spending time focusing on each character Very Happy I've gotta do some fanart of it now! w00t!

I'll try my best budd! Very Happy it'll be a little difficult cause I'm in college now Hissy fit I've definitely got some fan art I would love to show you guys! dancin\\' maybe some fan fiction if I can figure out how the story would work lol!

its awesome to meet ya budd! Smile

emperor wrote: Welcome to the club! Cheers!

Thanks alot budd!! :3 Great to be around someone with the same interests! Yes Indeed

crazyidiot78 wrote: Welcome to the forum. Personaly I get a kick out of Beatrice I just wish she had some more screen time.

Hello there budd! glad to be on the forum! Very Happy isn't Beatrice from Il Teatrion? I never seen that season yet lol! Laughing I'm sure shes awesome! Very Happy

!Achtung! wrote: Petrolheads and Gun-nut's are spread like butter on toast all over Cyborg Central!

and WELKOM

get in here write, draw, whatever you fancy or create an OC (Original Character) and have fun.

We have a chatbox thats quite noisy at times and other times just plain boring (trust me I know!).

Howdy neighbor!! Cya! I just so happen to love writing stuff and drawing! Very Happy so I really look forward to participating in the forum! :3

by the way! you have a really Awesome Avatar! Coolz

Triela wrote:Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! Enjoy your stay! ^_^

Who is your favorite GSG character? If you couldn't guess mine it's OBVIOUSLY Henrietta! XDDD

Why thank you kind budd!! Very Happy

My fave would have to be Triela! Smile just cause she looks cool, acts cool, and is cool! Yes Indeed Coolz

When I was first watching the show Henrietta was my absolute fave as well! now I think shes a VERY close second to Triela :3 that P90 of hers is really sAweeeeet! Laughing

Kiskaloo wrote:hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Triela_Welcome

that is the most aweosme greeting I have ever gotten! w00t! wait a min! isn't Triela too young to be drinking? Hmm...

theprodigalson wrote:Many welcomes!

Greetings to you! Cya! and thank you! Very Happy

Officer_Charon wrote:Howdy howdy! Welcome aboard - mind the grue, he doesn't get to eat a lot.

Konichiwa to you as well! Cya! I'll have to keep that in mind! Laughing tell the grue that they can have my peanut butter an Jelly sandwich to tide them over Laughing

Jacen Starslayer wrote:Greetings. My favorite characters are definitely Claes, Rico and Pinocchio.

Hello Hello! good to meet ya! Very Happy that be awesomeness! I wish that Claes got more screen time then she did in the first season! Yes Indeed

hydra282 wrote:Yo bro This is my gun

Greetings comrade! Teddies

Professor Voodoo wrote:Greetings TGM...hope you enjoy the forum.

Favorite character?

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? Captur32
How about this guy...who the hell is he anyway?

Hola PV!! Cya! arigato gazimas! Very Happy I'll try my best
Very Happy

lol! thats the random dude of randomness! or is that just a dude named Joe?! lol JKJK

Nachtsider wrote:That's Altheus. Razz

Welcome to the club!

Oooo okay! still never heard of him thou Laughing

Thank you very much budd! glad to be here with yall! Razz

Aisha_Hikari wrote:Hi hi! Welcome to the forum, from one newbie to the next!

My favorite Gunslinger is definitely Aisha! But if I had to pick a Canon GsG, it would be Henrietta!

Why hello there budd!! same wishes to you!

Is Aisha from the Il Teatrino series!? I don't remember her! Yikes! lol! I like Henrietta as well! she seems to have the best friend ship with her master Gusie San! Yes Indeed
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Original Characters : Toshi, Ranko (neither really fan characters) just original in general! :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha_Hikari Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 5:49

Haha no, Aisha is an Original Character I created here for Roleplay purposes. Look her up in the OC section ^^
Aisha_Hikari
Aisha_Hikari

Female

Forum Posts : 84

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Aisha

Comments : *Searching for sweets*

Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 5:53

Aisha_Hikari wrote:Haha no, Aisha is an Original Character I created here for Roleplay purposes. Look her up in the OC section ^^

OOOooooo!! Okie dokie! Laughing Thats epic budd! I'll have to take a looksie! Very Happy
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 6:04

TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Greetings budd! I'll try to answer any questions given! Razz

Probably my fave character would be Triela just cause she looks so awesome in that black jacket of hers hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 really I like all the main characters from the series, mostly cause the anime dedicated an episode to spending time focusing on each character Very Happy I've gotta do some fanart of it now! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465

I'll try my best budd! Very Happy it'll be a little difficult cause I'm in college now hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 95912 I've definitely got some fan art I would love to show you guys! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 50022 maybe some fan fiction if I can figure out how the story would work lol!

Haha, well Cyborg Central can be a bit slow moving at times... which is a good thing if you're a student (I'm just finishing uni, so I know). At least it makes it resonably easy to stay up to date.

Sweet! Another artist... added you to my dev-watch as well. It's under wraith11. Lookin' forward to seeing what you have.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 6:24

Alfisti wrote:
TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Greetings budd! I'll try to answer any questions given! Razz

Probably my fave character would be Triela just cause she looks so awesome in that black jacket of hers hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 really I like all the main characters from the series, mostly cause the anime dedicated an episode to spending time focusing on each character Very Happy I've gotta do some fanart of it now! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465

I'll try my best budd! Very Happy it'll be a little difficult cause I'm in college now hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 95912 I've definitely got some fan art I would love to show you guys! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 50022 maybe some fan fiction if I can figure out how the story would work lol!

Haha, well Cyborg Central can be a bit slow moving at times... which is a good thing if you're a student (I'm just finishing uni, so I know). At least it makes it resonably easy to stay up to date.

Sweet! Another artist... added you to my dev-watch as well. It's under wraith11. Lookin' forward to seeing what you have.

Ahhh that is a good to hear! How has your Uni been going? Very Happy just the name of it makes it sound challenging!

Awesomesauce!!!! thanks a bunch budd! I'll return the favor! w00t! I have a Triela art piece I need to ink and color, I'll post it here and on DA when its done Wink whats your favorite kind of art (or style) by the way?
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 6:41

TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Ahhh that is a good to hear! How has your Uni been going? Very Happy just the name of it makes it sound challenging!

Awesomesauce!!!! thanks a bunch budd! I'll return the favor! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 I have a Triela art piece I need to ink and color, I'll post it here and on DA when its done Wink whats your favorite kind of art (or style) by the way?
Uni's flat out... got an assignment due in on tuesday + presentation and have been held up by group members. It's not too bad, just frustrating... practical upshot is that I'll be pulling a late (early?) one tonight trying to get this report into InDesign.

Sweet, I look forward to seeing what your drawing looks like.

My favorite art style? Honestly I like pretty much everything. My own style I've been told both is and isn't "anime", depending on who your talk to. I'm not really willing to pass comment since I think it's better to let others be the judge of how good my own illustrations are. But stuff I like ranges right through anime, manga, western comics, surrealism, streetart, minimalism, modernism... the list goes on. I also like lots of artists. I'm a huge fan of Piet Mondrian, but also of Range Murata, Banksy, Kozue Amano, Designers like Naoto Fukasawa, Ray and Charles Eames and, as much as they suck functionally the design and architecture of F.L.W and Le Corbusier and their contempraries just looks so damn cool.

Oh yeah, I'm a total sucker for the mid-century design period.

How about you?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 1:00

BTW Emperor! Im loving the new Avatar!

cheers
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 1:25

Theres like a whole community of OC's roaming about here in CC.
And Yes being Uni student myself I know How you feel :S

And Im celebrating with glee as another illustrator join the ranks,
I hope your more active than me! coz I havent done anything decent in a month.

ACH
ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 3:21

Alfisti wrote:
TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Ahhh that is a good to hear! How has your Uni been going? Very Happy just the name of it makes it sound challenging!

Awesomesauce!!!! thanks a bunch budd! I'll return the favor! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 I have a Triela art piece I need to ink and color, I'll post it here and on DA when its done Wink whats your favorite kind of art (or style) by the way?
Uni's flat out... got an assignment due in on tuesday + presentation and have been held up by group members. It's not too bad, just frustrating... practical upshot is that I'll be pulling a late (early?) one tonight trying to get this report into InDesign.

Sweet, I look forward to seeing what your drawing looks like.

My favorite art style? Honestly I like pretty much everything. My own style I've been told both is and isn't "anime", depending on who your talk to. I'm not really willing to pass comment since I think it's better to let others be the judge of how good my own illustrations are. But stuff I like ranges right through anime, manga, western comics, surrealism, streetart, minimalism, modernism... the list goes on. I also like lots of artists. I'm a huge fan of Piet Mondrian, but also of Range Murata, Banksy, Kozue Amano, Designers like Naoto Fukasawa, Ray and Charles Eames and, as much as they suck functionally the design and architecture of F.L.W and Le Corbusier and their contempraries just looks so damn cool.

Oh yeah, I'm a total sucker for the mid-century design period.

How about you?

I know that feeling! Yes Indeed you in a study group? I'm in one in my history class, our History teacher is having everyone put on a couple mini plays about a historical events, and he's counting that as some of our final grade Laughing and our group is working on the 2nd mini play w00t! I hope all your homework went well Very Happy

Thanks! Glomp I hope it comes out well, its strange how after inking a picture, sometimes I'll like my drawings less lol! haven't done a colored piece in a while and it'll be good to get back into it Wink do you like coloring your pieces?

Sweeet! I like Street art like Graffiti and Anime as well! I've also always considered music an art so that another fave dancin\\' really anything that looks great or has an interesting technique in the piece is really worth viewing Yes Indeed I've gotten to do a critique on an art piece in this years college semester already w00t! Theres a lot of great artists on dA as well! I know this one girl on there that has a really unique anime/cartoon style, and some really funny OC's

What kind of medium do you like to use when drawing? Very Happy
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 3:29

!Achtung! wrote:Theres like a whole community of OC's roaming about here in CC.
And Yes being Uni student myself I know How you feel :S

And Im celebrating with glee as another illustrator join the ranks,
I hope your more active than me! coz I havent done anything decent in a month.

sweeet! maybe there will be some people who will want to do some art collaborations! Awesome!
Hang in there at the Uni budd! Very Happy I know how pressuring college can be Yes Indeed

I'll try to budd! its hard juggling an art study, social life, and college at the same time. I have one piece in mind that I really want to do Very Happy I'm working on a request from someone at my college at the moment Laughing
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 7:54

Just took at your DA page and got to say I love your work man!

Its not much since I only started drawing 3 months ago but here's some of my work!
and yes they are all in here!

3 Drafts of my OC Eliza:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/artwork-f22/achtung-s-oc-draft-works-t2428.htm

and some random stuff:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/the-gallery-f16/achtung-s-randomness-t2456.htm

Share your knowledge on drawing here:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/get-by-with-a-little-help-from-my-friends-f1/tips-tricks-and-tutorials-on-drawing-t2438.htm
ACH
ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 8:11

TheGasMaster4381 wrote:I know that feeling! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 you in a study group? I'm in one in my history class, our History teacher is having everyone put on a couple mini plays about a historical events, and he's counting that as some of our final grade hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 684325 and our group is working on the 2nd mini play hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 I hope all your homework went well Very Happy

Thanks! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 781942 I hope it comes out well, its strange how after inking a picture, sometimes I'll like my drawings less lol! haven't done a colored piece in a while and it'll be good to get back into it Wink do you like coloring your pieces?

Sweeet! I like Street art like Graffiti and Anime as well! I've also always considered music an art so that another fave hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 50022 really anything that looks great or has an interesting technique in the piece is really worth viewing hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 I've gotten to do a critique on an art piece in this years college semester already hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 Theres a lot of great artists on dA as well! I know this one girl on there that has a really unique anime/cartoon style, and some really funny OC's

Just a group project, there's three of us and to be honest it's actually gone pretty alright. I just tend to get a bit stressed and grumpy when deadlines are approaching and things aren't going to plan. At least your plays sound like fun, we've just got a report handin and presentation.

Yeah, I have some of that issue with inking too, I think it's just that you loose some of the nice sketchiness and volume that you have with a pencil. Try a bullet tiped pen, it gives you a bit more control over lineweight than fineliners do. Either way, I tend to sketch with pens straight up these days anyway and don't bother with pencil... and yes I like to colour, generally digitally. Which I guess leads into what mediums I use...

Colouring I tend to use Photoshop CS4 and a Wacom tablet. That can be done either full digital or just rendering under a scanned sketch. For traditional mediums, I like to sketch with Mitsubishi Uni-pin micro pens. They give a good even line, even when you're working fast, plus they don't smudge with markers. The markers I use are Pantone Tria jobs... the old style ones. They changed their ink system a year or so ago which I was none too impressed with. Those I tend to treat as a sketch tool and really just stick to cool greys 1,3 and 6. Got a 0.6mm bullet tipped pen just for thickening up outlines and stuff as well. Paper I like 80gsm bond as it's better to sketch on than bleedproof and I think markers blend better on it as well. I also use a pacer with 2H leads for laying out comics.

You?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 3:11

!Achtung! wrote:Just took at your DA page and got to say I love your work man!

Its not much since I only started drawing 3 months ago but here's some of my work!
and yes they are all in here!

3 Drafts of my OC Eliza:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/artwork-f22/achtung-s-oc-draft-works-t2428.htm

and some random stuff:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/the-gallery-f16/achtung-s-randomness-t2456.htm

Share your knowledge on drawing here:
https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/get-by-with-a-little-help-from-my-friends-f1/tips-tricks-and-tutorials-on-drawing-t2438.htm

Thank you very much for your feedback!! Glomp I am flattered that you like my work! w00t! its funny thou, I look at all the art I posted on there, and think wow... this could use more work lol! Laughing

I took a peek at your OC Eliza and she looks very awesome! I really love the picture of her crouching next to the wall with the big rifle in hand, and the little musical note! Very Happy it looks like you've been practicing for a long while to get nice drawings like these! I like how you do the proportions well, I see improvement in each of your drawings :3

I'll definately have to contribute my technique to the forum link you provided! I'll have to do it when I have more time thou lol!
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 3:37

Alfisti wrote:
TheGasMaster4381 wrote:I know that feeling! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 you in a study group? I'm in one in my history class, our History teacher is having everyone put on a couple mini plays about a historical events, and he's counting that as some of our final grade hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 684325 and our group is working on the 2nd mini play hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 I hope all your homework went well Very Happy

Thanks! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 781942 I hope it comes out well, its strange how after inking a picture, sometimes I'll like my drawings less lol! haven't done a colored piece in a while and it'll be good to get back into it Wink do you like coloring your pieces?

Sweeet! I like Street art like Graffiti and Anime as well! I've also always considered music an art so that another fave hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 50022 really anything that looks great or has an interesting technique in the piece is really worth viewing hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 735198 I've gotten to do a critique on an art piece in this years college semester already hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 678465 Theres a lot of great artists on dA as well! I know this one girl on there that has a really unique anime/cartoon style, and some really funny OC's

Just a group project, there's three of us and to be honest it's actually gone pretty alright. I just tend to get a bit stressed and grumpy when deadlines are approaching and things aren't going to plan. At least your plays sound like fun, we've just got a report handin and presentation.

Yeah, I have some of that issue with inking too, I think it's just that you loose some of the nice sketchiness and volume that you have with a pencil. Try a bullet tiped pen, it gives you a bit more control over lineweight than fineliners do. Either way, I tend to sketch with pens straight up these days anyway and don't bother with pencil... and yes I like to colour, generally digitally. Which I guess leads into what mediums I use...

Colouring I tend to use Photoshop CS4 and a Wacom tablet. That can be done either full digital or just rendering under a scanned sketch. For traditional mediums, I like to sketch with Mitsubishi Uni-pin micro pens. They give a good even line, even when you're working fast, plus they don't smudge with markers. The markers I use are Pantone Tria jobs... the old style ones. They changed their ink system a year or so ago which I was none too impressed with. Those I tend to treat as a sketch tool and really just stick to cool greys 1,3 and 6. Got a 0.6mm bullet tipped pen just for thickening up outlines and stuff as well. Paper I like 80gsm bond as it's better to sketch on than bleedproof and I think markers blend better on it as well. I also use a pacer with 2H leads for laying out comics.

You?

Your not alone on that part! tomorrow I have to get a mid-term history test, and I must honestly say that I am very nervous about it! History has never been my best subject (still better then math lol) I find it hard to memorize the dates of all the historical events. I hope that you do well on your report and presentation! Good

yeah the fine edged permanent markers don't work too well for me, would something like a set of manga pens be something I would need? in order to get the bullet type pen you were talking about? Inking without the pencil reference sounds really challenging to me, how do you do that? do you just see in your mind what you want to draw and then put it down on paper?

I use a 0.7mm pencil lead for the sketch of the art pieces I do, then I'll use a 0.7mm fine point sharpie marker to ink, and the I normally scan them into the computer for coloring Very Happy I use a program called paint shop pro 7 (and yes its old lol!) Laughing I'm thinking of getting one of those pigma sensei pen sets they have at Michaels stores cause the fine pen doesn't do too well with really small detail. I'll definitely try to get a 0.6mm sized pen as well now that I hear its good for drawings. do these pens work really well with fading ink effects? like light to dark ink spots?
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 5:55

TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Your not alone on that part! tomorrow I have to get a mid-term history test, and I must honestly say that I am very nervous about it! History has never been my best subject (still better then math lol) I find it hard to memorize the dates of all the historical events. I hope that you do well on your report and presentation! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 2752

yeah the fine edged permanent markers don't work too well for me, would something like a set of manga pens be something I would need? in order to get the bullet type pen you were talking about? Inking without the pencil reference sounds really challenging to me, how do you do that? do you just see in your mind what you want to draw and then put it down on paper?

I use a 0.7mm pencil lead for the sketch of the art pieces I do, then I'll use a 0.7mm fine point sharpie marker to ink, and the I normally scan them into the computer for coloring Very Happy I use a program called paint shop pro 7 (and yes its old lol!) hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 684325 I'm thinking of getting one of those pigma sensei pen sets they have at Michaels stores cause the fine pen doesn't do too well with really small detail. I'll definitely try to get a 0.6mm sized pen as well now that I hear its good for drawings. do these pens work really well with fading ink effects? like light to dark ink spots?
Haha, well good luck with the test. Presentation went down well (watch this space for the report). We only had four minutes to present though, needless to say I was talking fast and telling people to refer to the report a lot. Razz

Ah, not permanent markers, actual proper art/design markers. Like these:

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? P1010751web

These are the three I use most, Pantone Trias. Normally I just use the chisel tip (far end), less often the bullet tip (closest). The little fine head is all but useless so usually stays inside the cap. These are the old sort, the new ones have a transparent barrel and little rubber grips. Personally I like my old battle-scarred ones Very Happy Unforunately Tria no-longer make refills for these, so when my supply of spare ink runs out (and I stocked up when they dropped the old system) I'll have to change.

The bullet tip pen I'm talking about I just picked up at the stationary store for a couple of dollars. It's an Artline 210 medium... my ID class swore by them for doing final line work (me included). Give you an idea, here's my usual drawing kit... I have a bunch of other stuff, but this is what I use most often:

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? P1010750web

The gell pen and paint marker are just for doing highlights and stuff (I have white gauche somewhere, but can't find it), fine liners for sketching. Sketching with pen is just something you get used to. My style tends to be pretty sketchy anyway so it works-ish. 0.1mm and 0.3mm for sketching, 0.6 for cleaning up outlines, so you wind up with something like this. That's been sitting in my sketchpad for awhile now, but it serves the purpose.

"Light to dark ink spots"... I assume you're talking about stippling. Never tried it myself to be honest, I tend to use hatching for creating shaded areas, but generally prefer the 0.1mm or 0.3mm for it. Either that or I'll use the markers.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ACH Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 10:29

Thats a lot of pens there Alf!. :S

I on the other hand only use 5 things to get my drawings up in here.
1 x Brother DCP-130C Scanner/Copier/Printer (now only the scanner part works)
2 x 0.5 Rotring Tikky Mechanical Pencils loaded with REALLY CHEAP B Dong-A Graphite rods
1 x Faber Castel Rubber Eraser
1 x A4 Sized Laser Printer Paper (Love the thickness)

Optional:

Steadler Architectural Pencils (Havent used them lately)

Since the only official "Art" (Dont know If you can call it art tho) we do in uni is drawing Orthographic and 3D views of various bits of Machine Parts (MET Student) I dont really have much in the way of Art Supplies.

@GasMaster Yeh! I havent really improved on my drawing skills since I started some 3 or so months ago coz I pretty much could draw like this when I started, my earlier works of Eliza are just "Practice that got good enough to post" incidents, the latest one is the first time I got into really making a drawing to put up, Tho my VERY FIRST piece (The Mio Akiyama one) was drawn while looking at her pic (Almost all my works are done like that).

I cant color for crap and my posework is rubbish. I also usually only notice some flaws in my drawings AFTER Ive uploaded them and I touch it up, scan, scrutinize, rework, repeat until Im satisfied with it so you will notice that I do quite a bit of editing on my posts.

Looking forward to your new works Good
ACH
ACH

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 3:06

Alfisti wrote:
TheGasMaster4381 wrote:Your not alone on that part! tomorrow I have to get a mid-term history test, and I must honestly say that I am very nervous about it! History has never been my best subject (still better then math lol) I find it hard to memorize the dates of all the historical events. I hope that you do well on your report and presentation! hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 2752

I use a 0.7mm pencil lead for the sketch of the art pieces I do, then I'll use a 0.7mm fine point sharpie marker to ink, and the I normally scan them into the computer for coloring Very Happy I use a program called paint shop pro 7 (and yes its old lol!) hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? 684325 I'm thinking of getting one of those pigma sensei pen sets they have at Michaels stores cause the fine pen doesn't do too well with really small detail. I'll definitely try to get a 0.6mm sized pen as well now that I hear its good for drawings. do these pens work really well with fading ink effects? like light to dark ink spots?
Haha, well good luck with the test. Presentation went down well (watch this space for the report). We only had four minutes to present though, needless to say I was talking fast and telling people to refer to the report a lot. Razz

Ah, not permanent markers, actual proper art/design markers. Like these:

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? P1010751web

These are the three I use most, Pantone Trias. Normally I just use the chisel tip (far end), less often the bullet tip (closest). The little fine head is all but useless so usually stays inside the cap. These are the old sort, the new ones have a transparent barrel and little rubber grips. Personally I like my old battle-scarred ones Very Happy Unforunately Tria no-longer make refills for these, so when my supply of spare ink runs out (and I stocked up when they dropped the old system) I'll have to change.

The bullet tip pen I'm talking about I just picked up at the stationary store for a couple of dollars. It's an Artline 210 medium... my ID class swore by them for doing final line work (me included). Give you an idea, here's my usual drawing kit... I have a bunch of other stuff, but this is what I use most often:

hello peoples! :D How do ya do!? P1010750web

The gell pen and paint marker are just for doing highlights and stuff (I have white gauche somewhere, but can't find it), fine liners for sketching. Sketching with pen is just something you get used to. My style tends to be pretty sketchy anyway so it works-ish. 0.1mm and 0.3mm for sketching, 0.6 for cleaning up outlines, so you wind up with something like this. That's been sitting in my sketchpad for awhile now, but it serves the purpose.

"Light to dark ink spots"... I assume you're talking about stippling. Never tried it myself to be honest, I tend to use hatching for creating shaded areas, but generally prefer the 0.1mm or 0.3mm for it. Either that or I'll use the markers.

Thanks very much for the wishes Very Happy It hasn't been too bad thus far, (its a take home and finish test) I just have to work on the essay part of the test now Laughing

Wooowsers! thats a lot of info! thanks for sharing all that! it should prove useful in my search for some good pens Very Happy I wouldn't of though of using 0.1mm for sketches! Yours turned out really nicely! (I left you a comment art your art by the way) Wink

Those are definitely more like what I was thinking a drawing marker would look like Smile I'll have to try and get some maybe at our local Michaels art store, they have some pens designed just for manga, so maybe I'll give em a whirl sometime Very Happy but for now I'll have to improvise with the fine tip pens I have at the moment, and go over the lines multiple times to get that line thickness variation. I'll have to post some of my sketches on here sometime Very Happy maybe (hopefully) sometime tomorrow if I get the chance Very Happy I would love to get some feedback from you guys :3
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGasMaster4381 Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 3:22

!Achtung! wrote:
@GasMaster Yeh! I havent really improved on my drawing skills since I started some 3 or so months ago coz I pretty much could draw like this when I started, my earlier works of Eliza are just "Practice that got good enough to post" incidents, the latest one is the first time I got into really making a drawing to put up, Tho my VERY FIRST piece (The Mio Akiyama one) was drawn while looking at her pic (Almost all my works are done like that).

I cant color for crap and my posework is rubbish. I also usually only notice some flaws in my drawings AFTER Ive uploaded them and I touch it up, scan, scrutinize, rework, repeat until Im satisfied with it so you will notice that I do quite a bit of editing on my posts.

Looking forward to your new works Good

I think you've got some great drawing skills! no matter what there will always be some kind of technical thing that can be improved upon in my opinion Yes Indeed just keep drawing and it'll come more natural to you! Very Happy I don't have the best posing skills, and I need to work on the hands and fingers I draw, cause they get a little messy when I draw them Laughing but its all something to improve upon Smile theres nothing more satisfying for an artist than seeing that they are improving in their own technique Yes Indeed

thanks a lot! Glomp I hope to put some art up on here soon! I've got to get that cursed History Mid-term out of the way first thou Hissy fit
TheGasMaster4381
TheGasMaster4381

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 22:48

Welcome GasMaster4381! I agree with Alfisti that my interest in firearms can be described as passing. I chose the AK47 'cause I like how it looks and it is tough and reliable like the cyborgs themselves. Favorite characters?
You know it's difficult to say because apart from Mister Aida's own great selection, the handlers and cyborgs presented by the very talented people here are to me every bit as much fun see and read about! study Very Happy
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Thu 9 Dec 2010 - 23:21

Though I may be late (very, very late...), welcome to the forum. Now that enough time has passed though, I can ask you this! Are you enjoying your stay? Are the seats comfortable enough for you? Would you like me to get you a chair for the Triela fanclub room? They seem to have an ongoing problem with that. Which reminds me to ask, why haven't you guys gotten a bigger room yet? I'm sure you've broken some kind of record for shoving so many people into one room at one time.

Anyways, my favorite character is probably Claes. I used to be a big Elsa fan, and I still am, but Claes has been growing on me lately. Maybe it's due to the avatar. I don't know. She's just really interesting. As for guns, I can't say I know enough about them to give a good answer. I usually have to get help from others for my OC firearm selection.

Anyways, I guess I'll wrap this up. Once again, welcome aboard from the (former) official greeter of Cyborg Central. Have fun.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum