Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need E-Bay Selling Tips

2 posters

Go down

Need E-Bay Selling Tips Empty Need E-Bay Selling Tips

Post by Ggultra2764 Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 22:35

I'm considering the possibility of setting up my E-Bay account so I can sell some of my anime DVDs and I wanted advice from anyone who has had experience selling on E-Bay like any selling fees, account setup, etc...

Can anyone with selling experience on E-Bay please help me out?
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Need E-Bay Selling Tips Empty Re: Need E-Bay Selling Tips

Post by Triela Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 0:47

I have TONS of experience on ebay! I've been buying and selling stuff on there with my sister and my mom for over 5 years now.

If you are bidding on something, new people always tend to bid on something and keep bidding, making the price go higher and higher, even if there are 5 days left on the item. They make it 5 times the price they cold have paid because they jack up the price. What I have found to be the best way to bid, is to watch the item and wait for the time to almost run out, bid on the item with less than 5 minutes to go, so the price doesn't go up that much, if it isn't a sought after item.

In terms of selling things, try ebay half. You don't have to give ebay some of the money if you use that. You buy the item instead of bidding. Say if you have a book you would list the condition, and say if it has any wear and tear. Then you would check and see the highest the book is going for and list the price lower than that, for it to sell.

If you're selling on ebay you have to give ebay a small percentage for the listing, but if you re-list it, you don't have to give them anything again. You can either choose for people to bid on it, buy now, or both.

When you sell something, make sure to get back to people if they have any questions and send their item out on time, so you get a good review, so it's likely they'll go back to you to buy something else.

If you are buying something make sure to look at the seller's score. If they sold over 1,500 items and their score is over a 90% I would say they were a good seller for the most part. If they have a low score and haven't sold that many items, don't buy from them, and make sure to look at what people say about the person before hand in the comment section.

Ebay is a lot of fun to use and browse on, a lot of things I wear and use came from ebay.

Happy bidding! ^_^
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 1:40

Okay, just set up a few auctions for stuff from my collection. If anyone here's from the U.S. and has a Paypal account, then you can bid if you want to (if you seriously want this stuff).

Tenchi Universe Complete Series
Elfen Lied Thinpak
Last Exile Boxset
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 2:42

Why are you selling Elfen Lied!? I would buy it if I didn't have 2 boxed sets already! XD
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 10:10

Triela wrote:Why are you selling Elfen Lied!? I would buy it if I didn't have 2 boxed sets already! XD

Piero warned me you would have reacted. Razz
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 19:49

Set up some more auctions for anime I've lost interest in having:

My-Hime Complete Series and Artbox
Evangelion 1.11: You Are Not Alone DVD
Paprika DVD
Witch Hunter Robin Complete Series
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down