Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea

+2
Nachtsider
Splintered Soul
6 posters

Go down

Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea Empty Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea

Post by Splintered Soul Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 1:53

Since my computer was refusing to work, I had some time to write the old fashioned way. About 2 in the morning or so, I found the following segment flowing onto the paper.

Claes found that japanese boy, Shinji, in the vegetable garden, contemplating a half-grown squash. “If you’re hungry, staring won’t make it grow any faster.” she said, interrupting his reverie. He looked up, startled and embarrased enough to refuse to meet her eyes for more than an instant before returning them to the ground, as if in fear it might fall away if he stopped keeping an eye on it. Claes stood there a moment longer before giving up on conversation and returning to her task. She filled up a watering can and started to work her way around the garden, skirting around the motionless Shinji the way she did the fruits and vegetables. “I’ve been reading about Japan since your team came here, but you can’t learn everything from books alone.” Claes stated, not really expecting a response. “Have you ever been to Kyoto? The Imperial Palace?”

Shinji looked up again, holding Claes’s gaze this time. “I only know they exist from my classes…Father’s always busy with his work…so is Misato-san…and I wouldn’t be allowed to leave NERV on my own.” He murmured softly, sounding more resigned than sad that he’d never been able to see such important landmarks when he’d lived around them all his life.

“I can understand that….” Claes replied after a moment, thinking. Maybe the two of them had something in common, since they’d both been shut away their entire lives, and had lived and learned only through reading whatever they could. Then, she had an idea. “I could lend you some of my book while you’re here then, if you like, but you can help me with this first.” She pushed the watering can into his arms with a slight smile. “Go fill this up, please.”

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to throw the Neon Genesis Evangelion cast in with the SWA, since they both kind of fall into the same "bespectacled men heading sinister government organizations that use emotionally scarred children and teenagers to do their dirty work" mold, and if you take away NERV's giant robots and angels and Kabbalistic nonsense, I could easily see the two organizations working together in a mutually-exploitative manner for a while.

Thoughts? Comments? I don't know if I want to do anything more elaborate with it yet, though I do have some half-finished vignettes with other characters I will probably complete sometime soon. Anyone think I should turn this into a full story?
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Forum Posts : 44

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion and a lot of other things too. @_@

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea Empty Re: Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea

Post by Nachtsider Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 1:59

I think a crossover would work, if only you could create a special AU version of Evangelion to cross GSG over with. One more grounded in realism. Think of how Chris Nolan 'realized' the Batman mythos.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea Empty Re: Staying up late without a computer to shape my thoughts = GSG/Evangelion crossover idea

Post by Splintered Soul Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 2:08

Yeah, I figure one more Evangelion AU wouldn't be noticed with there being 6 or so official ones, like most mega-franchises. The Batman connection is solid. XD

I was thinking NERV could become a deniable-asset organization working in much the same capacity as the SWA so that they could conveniently share space for a while.
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion and a lot of other things too. @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 10:31

If Shinji thought Asuka and Misato were hard-asses, he's really in for a shock from the girls and women of the Agency.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:03

I love the idea, it has good potential. Just think of Asuka ticking off Triela, or if the OC characters are included Kaji trying to hit on Kara, or Petra, (a cannon character). Lol that would be amusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 0:59

I think I'm going to have to tone down Asuka's bitch-factor a bit to keep her from pressing any of the girls' beserk buttons. Well, at least until it would be the right time to have it happen. Mwahahahaha.
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 3:52

Asuka in the manga's no where near as much of a bitch as in the anime
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 12:39

Hmm, might be worth taking a peek at it then, although from what I hear the manga's pretty AU.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing it out. Asuka knows kung fu apparently. XD
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014 - 11:17

Late nights, procrastination, and goofiness has caused this little plot bunny to pop into my head.  Its running on rule of cool and or rule of funny so don't kill me

long:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 23 Feb 2014 - 12:27

Don't know Evangelion, but the story was cool. It's also a heluva lot of text for one sleepless night, my friend.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Actman Fri 23 Oct 2015 - 8:23

Thescarredman wrote:Don't know Evangelion, but the story was cool. It's also a heluva lot of text for one sleepless night, my friend.
wait so you mean you haven't seen eva or do you seriously not know what it is even
?

Actman

Female

Forum Posts : 6

Fan of : ?

Original Characters : ?

Comments : ?

Registration date : 2015-09-11
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Oct 2015 - 22:01

Thescarredman wrote:Don't know Evangelion, but the story was cool. It's also a heluva lot of text for one sleepless night, my friend.

You should see what I did with strike witches, and fairy tail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down