Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much...

+13
MP5
rusty-spring
Awinnell
boomer_gonz
LoC978
Danjo3
Alfisti
ElfenMagix
Professor Voodoo
Kiskaloo
emperor
Nachtsider
Piero
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Empty Re: Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much...

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 6 Feb 2010 - 0:48

Alfisti wrote: Well, he did have practice driving trucks at speed... that Audi wasn't exactly the lightest of the Group B crowd. Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Icon_razz

Yeah, Audi led the 4wd revolution, but got left behind the power curve (by Peugeot & Lancia) pretty quick. They were the only Group B car to maintain a front engine layout, and I think they paid for it.
Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Audisp10

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Empty Re: Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much...

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 17:56

For when the SWA has a mission in America, they send this vehicle over with the fratello:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 HW_01

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 HW_02

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 HW_03

1964 "Hank Williams Jr." GM Pontiac Bonneville convertible

This car was built for recording artist Hank Williams Jr. by his mother and features 350 authentic U.S. silver dollars embedded into the all-leather interior. The car also packs 12 .22-caliber six-shooter pistols, six .38 handguns, and three trunk-mounted .22 rifles. Known as "The Silver Dollar Pontiac," it was created by "Rodeo Tailor to the Stars" Nudie Cohn

It's up for auction again if you're interested.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 21:51

Kiskaloo wrote:For when the SWA has a mission in America, they send this vehicle over with the fratello:

1964 "Hank Williams Jr." GM Pontiac Bonneville convertible

This car was built for recording artist Hank Williams Jr. by his mother and features 350 authentic U.S. silver dollars embedded into the all-leather interior. The car also packs 12 .22-caliber six-shooter pistols, six .38 handguns, and three trunk-mounted .22 rifles. Known as "The Silver Dollar Pontiac," it was created by "Rodeo Tailor to the Stars" Nudie Cohn

It's up for auction again if you're interested.

I do like that at least one gun appears to be mounted so as to point at the middle passenger's head... add that to the wide rear bumper, if you needed to transport someone dangerous you could just stand a girl on the back to man the armament.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 21:59

Kiskaloo wrote:For when the SWA has a mission in America, they send this vehicle over with the fratello:

And I thought nothing could be as awful as that pink Cayanne limo I saw outside Gainesville the other day. Tasteless truly knows no limits. Sad thing is, that would be a pretty sweet Bonnie without all the crap tacked onto it.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 9:44

Went over to the mechanics today (steering, something I'm not confident working on: screw up the engine and it stops with a big bill, screw up the steering and there's a high probability of winding up in a tree) to pick up the Alfetta and found this parked outside another workshop a few doors up:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Bora

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Bora2

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Bora3

Yeah, it sorta stood out. However if someone was feeling retro enough, and going somewhere rich enough... just maybe.

One day I'll see if the mob who do our work will let me take a few photos inside their workshop, probably one of my favorite places to go... if only because they also have the best coffee I know of.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 21:28

To that, I say, "NICE!"

When I was thinking of a car for Fernando, Masseratis were high on the list.

But then I realized, "What would a 1/2 million dollar/euro car be doing in a slum on some missions!" I chose the Porsche 928 for being able to fit into that second category- It wont draw as much attention as a Masserati. Evil

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 22:00

You can get a very nice Maserati Bora for under $100,000.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 23:02

ElfenMagix wrote:
But then I realized, "What would a 1/2 million dollar/euro car be doing in a slum on some missions!"

Because sometimes the X5 has to go into the body shop to get the bullet holes taken out but you still have to pick up a cocaine shipment?

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 23:57

Alfisti wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:
But then I realized, "What would a 1/2 million dollar/euro car be doing in a slum on some missions!"

Because sometimes the X5 has to go into the body shop to get the bullet holes taken out but you still have to pick up a cocaine shipment?
lol!

BTW- I knew (through my bro when he worked as a supermarket manager), some idiot who drove around in a white Countach years ago. He owned over 50 Bagel Shops city wide and supplied supermarkets with his brand of bagels and went about to each store to pick up their daily proceeds with it and then drove to some bank somewhere. I have not seen him in years.

Another City Countach (in red) used to be owned by the late Malcolm Forbes. He used to ride it around in 'The Village' until he died in the early/mid 1990s.

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 0:03

ElfenMagix wrote:

BTW- I knew (through my bro when he worked as a supermarket manager), some idiot who drove around in a white Countach years ago. He owned over 50 Bagel Shops city wide and supplied supermarkets with his brand of bagels and went about to each store to pick up their daily proceeds with it and then drove to some bank somewhere. I have not seen him in years.

Haha, actually the owner of the local Indian place (also now a chain) does the same but with a bright orange Gallardo... I've always wondered what his servicing costs are like.

Eh, I loathe city driving at the best of times, trying it in a super-car of any type doesn't really appeal.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 8 Apr 2010 - 9:54

Speaking of standing out:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Dymaxion-car-2

Buckminster Fuller's 4D "Dymaxion" car... horribly unsafe but I still want one, very badly...

Though I think I like Range Murata's version better Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Icon_razz

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 8246732
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 8 Apr 2010 - 10:13

Power Word: "Sweet"
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 8 Apr 2010 - 17:42

I agree!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 17 May 2010 - 17:20

The "Oltre Fiat" concept, based on the Iveco Light Military Vehicle (Italy's and UK's answer to the HMMV).

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Fiat-hummer-concept-oltre-1Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Fiat-hummer-concept-oltre-2
Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Fiat-hummer-concept-oltre-3Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Fiat-hummer-concept-oltre-4

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Fiat-hummer-concept-oltre-5

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 17 May 2010 - 17:35

Looks like something a rapper would drive....
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 17 May 2010 - 20:57

Considering the last FIAT 4x4 was bought by the russians...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 18 May 2010 - 17:29

boomer_gonz wrote:Any shot of tweaking (the Avantime's) suspension to negative camber?

I watched the episode again today for inspiration, so here ya go:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Renault_Avantime_05

Even Allison would be...

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Mio_Wut

...looking at that.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:48; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 18 May 2010 - 19:03

Kiskaloo wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:Any shot of tweaking (the Avantime's) suspension to negative camber?

I watched the episode again today for inspiration, so here ya go:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Renault_Avantime_05
In a word: DAMN!!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 18 May 2010 - 21:01

cheers
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 23 May 2010 - 23:06

Fernando needs to ditch the hearse and get back in touch with his inner 1979:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Angels_Revenge

From the movie "Angels Revenge".

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 26 May 2010 - 11:21

The 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 1957_Cadillac_Eldorado_Brougham

Longer and wider than a modern Escalade and more expensive than the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I, options included the first power seats (with memory!) and even a 45RPM record player (which gives you an idea of just how soft the suspension had to be).

Just the thought of trying to maneuver that through Rome makes me ROTFL.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 27 May 2010 - 22:00

Kiskaloo wrote:Fernando needs to ditch the hearse and get back in touch with his inner 1979:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Angels_Revenge

Fernando: (scratching his chin pensively) Hmmm...you've got a point there. If I could keep Francesca & Rachel seperated by at least two rows of seats at all times it could reduce bickering by 4 ½...maybe even 5%.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 9:15

Of course, the "big four door coupe" isn't exatly a new idea...

...or that matter, the Panamera's styling.

Panamera:
Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Panamera

Bristol 405:
Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 405bristol

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 4416919878_5b817375fd_o

Anyone else see a resemblance? Particularly around the tail end? Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Icon_wink

If you've seen the movie "An Education", then you're already familiar with the car. Personally, of the two... I'd have the Bristol.

All donations toward the "buy Alfisti a Bristol 405" fund gratefully accepted and tax deductable.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 17:09

In their driving review, I believe James May and Richard Hammond compared it to an Austin Maxi:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Austin_Maxi

All Michele, Kara and Claes have to say is it's scary fast and the interior is an awesome place to spend a trans-continental journey in.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 14:51; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 17:16

at least it wasn't a Marina,damn pianos love 'em !

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Marina10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 18:28

Kiskaloo wrote:In their driving review, I believe James May and Richard Hammond compared it to an Austin Maxi:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Austin_Maxi

All Michele, Kara and Claes have to say is it's scary fast and the interior is an awesome place to spend a trans-continental journey in.
Damn thing almost looks like a rare VW Type 4 Fastback!
Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Vw-fastback-rare-four-door
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 21:54

For a paltry US$195k Michele can cover all his transport needs, land AND air... for these times of financial crisis and downsizing:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 KLWMTaxi

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 TransitionRoad

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 POCFlightImg201G-Champlain
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 22:03

That's a funky-looking contraption.

Still, it's better-looking than the Aerocar:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 4736429983_59c04415e3

Kara: "Well keep the Piaggio and Aston Martin, thank you."

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 15:01; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 1:04

the best flying car from Joe 90 !

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Dinky-10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 21:13

Talk about standing out...

I give you the Mansory Porsche Panamera:

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 P_mansory_panamera_340_1024x768

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 P_mansory_panamera_345_1024x768
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 21:20

Does the interior come in any other color schemes other than Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 109289
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:27

Kiskaloo wrote:Talk about standing out...

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 P_mansory_panamera_340_1024x768

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 P_mansory_panamera_345_1024x768
Is it just me or does that scheme make it look a lot like a giant Subaru Impreza?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 3:23

Kiskaloo wrote:I give you the Mansory Porsche Panamera:
If that's not your style try this Masonry BMW.

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 Brick-10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 15:17

Kiskaloo wrote:Talk about standing out...

Top Gear just showed this in their "News" section for tonight's episode (15x03). dancin\\'
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 10 Aug 2010 - 9:58

Lotus T125 "Exos"

Buy a Lotus trackday car, race it in an owner's series... And unlike Ferrari, Lotus will let you take it home.

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 4870813350_2dc188be22

Now if only this thing didn't stand out quite so much... - Page 2 4870810796_89f51a3547