Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If another GsG video game were released, what would you like

+14
Professor Voodoo
maverick375
austinhowell
Godot
commanderagl
rusty-spring
Probit Return
boomer_gonz
Danjo3
Whatface
Nachtsider
LoC978
ElfenMagix
SPARTAN 119
18 posters

Go down

If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Empty If another GsG video game were released, what would you like to see in it?

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 19:36

If they were ever to release a GsG game, what would you like to see in it?

1. U.S. release for the Xbox 360 so I can actually play it!!!

2. Replace the old rail shooter format in the PS2 game with a standard third person shooter format similar to Gears of War, where the player can move the character around at will. Rail shooters are outdated, and if you made the game a first person shooter, you wouldn't be able to tell it from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, same the fact the your line of sight is much lower.

3. A large arsenal of weapons, both featured prominently in the show, and others such as, M249 SAWs, M60s, RPGs, AT-4s, white phosphorus grenades, and maybe a Javelin and/or Stinger missile.

4. All of the major character as playable characters, including Pia and Petrushka, as well as a few unlockable extra playable characters: Emilio, Aurora, Enrica, Pino, Maria Machiavelli, Elsa and Angie if it takes place after their dead etc. Also, these secret characters should have their own, voice actor, set of lines, etc.

5. Maybe a few tactical shooter-style levels where you control one of the handlers, adding a new element of strategy into the game (give your cyborg commands while gunning down ememies.

SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Empty Re: If another GsG video game were released, what would you like

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 20:06

Keep Pia!!! (maybe Ernesto too Evil )
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Empty Re: If another GsG video game were released, what would you like

Post by LoC978 Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 20:08

-Keyboard & mouse support.

-complete revamp of gameplay, perhaps a mode where you play only as a handler, draw up plans based on limited intel, and command your girl in the field with a system similar to the old SOCOM games.

-Multiplayer co-op support
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 20:44

In addition to what's already been mentioned...

1. A solid story, preferably a new one written specially for the game that nevertheless doesn't interfere with the established timeline

2. Season One's graphics - huge, beautifully detailed maps and meticulously crafted character designs

3. Season One's voice actors

4. A multiplayer deathmatch mode on a par with Goldeneye 64's

5. Some 'fleshing out' of the nameless cyborgs we've seen here and there throughout the canon - if Yu won't give them backstories in the manga, a game's as good another place as any to do it
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 21:35

*PC exclusivity so we PC gamers can laugh in the faces of all you console gamers! (I jest, of course. If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Icon_razz Although I would prefer if they wouldn't make it a straight console-to-computer port, and actually put some effort into making a decent PC version.)

*First-person perspective, 'cause that's how I would like it. Although for those who prefer third-person, there could be an option to switch between the two.

I'd post more but I accidentally clicked back on my browser and lost most of what I typed. I'll get back with more ideas later once I get the patience to re-write all of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 0:41

JayBirdSupreme wrote:
*First-person perspective, 'cause that's how I would like it. Although for those who prefer third-person, there could be an option to switch between the two.

Trust me, I have nothing against first person shooters, the Halo and Call of Duty series are some of my favorite games. I just thought it would be nice to know your playing as Henrietta or Triela instead of some random soldier with a P90 or a Winchester. Although, the height difference between 'Etta and Sgt. John "Soap" MacTavish off Call of Duty 4 would probably be noticable.

Also, while I'm here, how about a mode similar to Gears of War's Horde or Halo 3 ODST's Firefight: 1-4 players (maybe more if online), hordes of enemies of increasing difficulty, maybe some tanks and/or gunships later on in some levels.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 1:14

I would probably want it to be like Deus Ex. Where you can upgrade your augmentations and stuff.
Like... Big Owl Eyes. +10 to accuracy and 50% chance to scare the shit out of your opponent.

Maybe cel-shaded style graphics like Borderlands?

No blowing up tanks please, otherwise it'll just be another super soldier war FPS.

Oh yeah. Maybe a mode to "build you're own GSG". So you can basically make and play around with your own OC. If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Icon_razz
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 1:31

Nachtsider wrote:3. Season One's voice actors
If another GsG video game were released, what would you like 82635
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 5:14

How about different stories for different girls like that which was pioneered by Sonic Adventure(first one to mention Big the Cat gets shot)?

And multiple endings; there must be multiple endings on par with Star Ocean 1 & 2.

Also I want to see a OC designer on par or at least near that of City of Heroes/Villains. And the OC must have their own story mode too separate from that of the girls.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 15:19

Well if it were a console game, they should at least make it for the PS3, due to the lack of region locks that plagued consoles of the past (and some of today), so as to be import friendly, because there is absolutely no way it would be brought over. PC is easy to get around anyways, so that's a non-issue.

I rather like the unique, exclusive character(s), multiple playable characters, and multiple endings ideas.

Some good customization options would be pretty sweet as well. Not exactly sure what, off the top of my head, but just make it good.

Just an idea, but maybe Sega could make use of the Canvas engine for it, and make it
something like Valkyria Chronicles, which would be fairly interesting.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 15:45

Maybe it's just because I got done playing the new Motorstorm a few minutes ago, but a final unlockable mode similar to that of House of the Dead: Overkill would be nice where it's basically the epilogue of the game. Classics like Lunar: Eternal Blue for the Sega CD and Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast made excellent use of this even though the limitations of the system kept them to being one-level wonders.

This one would (preferably) be unlocked after all the story modes(OC's included) are completed. It brings all the girls together again and best yet, it's really fscking hard and here's why.

All the levels can only two 2 girls/characters each char. has their own unique equipment and skills making them better/worse for the level just like in (fake) Super Mario 2. You can switch between your chosen char's on the fly, but if they die; that is it. You have to finish the remaining mode(yes, I said it) without that char.

The gameplay would be something like Army of Two, but the AI would have to be A LOT better as I officially went through a PS3 controller from that game.

Any thoughts?
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 15:52

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I usually enjoy when there's some sort of unlockable epilogue chapter at the end to tie everything together. And a higher difficulty would be nice for it. No reason for them to cheap out right at the end.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 18:26

Whatface wrote:Oh yeah. Maybe a mode to "build you're own GSG". So you can basically make and play around with your own OC. If another GsG video game were released, what would you like Icon_razz
Oh, god, THIS.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 18:32

boomer_gonz wrote:The gameplay would be something like Army of Two, but the AI would have to be A LOT better as I officially went through a PS3 controller from that game.
Army of Two had potential but in the end had some maddeningly poor design choices. If another GsG video game were released, what would you like 367
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 23:04

Something else I came up with: Unique NPC responses for to the player using an unlockable "secret character"
(i.e. when playing as Elsa or Angie: What! I thought you were dead!
when playing as Pino: Since when was he on our side?
Jean to Rico when the player is playing as Emilio: DAMMIT RICO, I TOLD YOU TO KILL HIM!!!!
When playing as Maria Machiavelli: My God! Who the hell was crazy enough to give her a gun!??!!?)
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by commanderagl Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 23:30

Modding a game like BF2 might be a good starting point if you are okay with an FPS
commanderagl
commanderagl

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Fan of : Etta and Rico

Comments : Politicians are starting to fear the GUN, not the person behind it.
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 23:56

Nachtsider wrote:In addition to what's already been mentioned...

1. A solid story, preferably a new one written specially for the game that nevertheless doesn't interfere with the established timeline

2. Season One's graphics - huge, beautifully detailed maps and meticulously crafted character designs

3. Season One's voice actors

4. A multiplayer deathmatch mode on a par with Goldeneye 64's

5. Some 'fleshing out' of the nameless cyborgs we've seen here and there throughout the canon - if Yu won't give them backstories in the manga, a game's as good another place as any to do it

I enthusiastically agree with 1,2,3, and 5. If you're going to make a GSG game, give it the qualities that make the GSG series what it is. Not much sense in making a GSG game without what makes the series unique and compelling. You'll end up with a game that's pretty much a generic shooter thinly painted with GSG character models. Like if someone took the characters from Azumanga Daioh and made a survival horror game with them, theres really not much point in using them.

A game would be a great place to finally expand on some of the more obscure characters that I know so little about.
This actually sounds like a pretty good idea. So of course Aida will never do it. If another GsG video game were released, what would you like 367
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 13:25

commanderagl wrote:Modding a game like BF2 might be a good starting point if you are okay with an FPS

Naw, a FPS wouldn't suit the subtle actions of the SWA personnel. Maybe something along the lines of MGS 1&2 stealthiness with the Uncharted series free roaming mechanics.

EDIT: And also some Mirror's Edge inspired roof-top work. Thought of 'Etta's chase in Season 1 and considered it might make a good side-mission or mini-game of some sort.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by commanderagl Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 18:11

Anyone know if Splinter cell could be modded to get it, the game itself is about using stealth and tactics, If not rainbow 6 would be good
commanderagl
commanderagl

Male

Forum Posts : 28

Fan of : Etta and Rico

Comments : Politicians are starting to fear the GUN, not the person behind it.
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 23:56

ps3 release first person keep the feel and atmosphere of gsg and make it a very focused game and keep the call of duty formula o and online multiplayer where u can choose ur charachter
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Forum Posts : 259

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 11:09

A first-person/third-person option, a la Hitman: Blood Money would be good, though a decently done third-person would be acceptable.

Certainly a hard/soft cover system would be nice. None of this "I'm behind a sheet of glass, I'm invincible" stuff. Having played a shooter with a good cover system (Brothers in Arms:Hell's Highway), I can appreciate its value on gameplay.

No more cell-shading!!!!!

Optional outfits to unlock are cool, but they really should be canon. The Henrietta/Pia fight in the ruins seemed too much like watching the end of Noir, based just on those outfits, even if 'Etta was cute in it.

The Rainbow 6 tactical model would be cool, even if dumbed down a bit. Plot it out and then play it, and let the AI decide how to accomplish the move from point to point. I've seen some interesting things in AI usage lately, including flanking maneuvers and adjusting to player position in order to pin in place. A lot of this comes hand-in-hand with the way worlds are designed, and multiple paths of advancement makes such things possible from the AI point of view.

Limited destructability: While destructible worlds are nice to play in, they eat up processor usage and seem ridiculous and unworthy of notice after a while. Some things should break, others not. Keep it reasonable.

I think playability as minor characters should be limited to multi. Who the hell would want to play through a story as Maria anyway. "I play soccer and collect bears".... BANG.... dead.

What you're going to have is a conflict between the RPG'ers and the Shooters. Even in this enlightened age of gaming, you can't have RPG and action done well together. The last game to do it right was the one who set the paradigm- Deus Ex. Even Alpha Protocol fell short, likely be cause of inadequate beta testing conducted by only one type of player.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 17:08

I'm not much of a video game aficionado so I'll avoid comment on any of the action/shooter elements of this hypothetical game.

In order to make it a distinctive GsG game, give it a more complicated role-playing aspect. Keeping your cyborg at peak performance would be as big a goal as shooting the bad guys.

The player should have to manage his or her cyborg...heavy, mid or light conditioning would each have advantages and disadvantages. Changes could be made, but not without a disadvantage for too frequent alterations.

How you treat your cyborg would be important too...be too strict or too lenient with her and effectiveness drops.

Make training "side levels" available at any time...and allow the player to tailor the training missions to a degree. Training boosts a cyborgs effectiveness, but too much training and she gets bored and efficiency drops.

Finally, consider a "build your own OC" feature, but that new character doesn't start out very useful...you have to build up your new cyborg via training and successful missions.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 22:19

rpg style would suck to much to take into account and i've never liked side levels linear style like cod would give it set piece action sequences me like
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 23:03

Super Cyborg Wars... hell, we've already got the sprites If another GsG video game were released, what would you like 841427

I'd totally play that... I'd suck at it, but the giggle factor would make it all worthwhile.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 1:58

I can't believe I forgot this.

I would like it to be in English, please.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 2:12

Guys, I think the chances of a high budget video game based off of GSG being produced is pretty slim. Even if another game was made I wouldn't count on it having the development resources of a top tier title. That being said, if we're talking a hypothetical GSG game, here are some considerations:

When it comes to enemies, the game should do more with less. Henrietta thought that killing ten bad guys in a month was a notable achievement in the manga. Admitedely it may be difficult to keep the body counts that reasonable in a good shooter game, but a new GSG game could at least avoid the ridiculous spamming of enemies that occurred in the first one.

I think the inclusion of stealth and cover elements would be a good idea. I'm a FPS fan, so I wonder if they could be adequately included in a first person view, although I don't know how easy it would be to make a good stealth and cover system for work with a first person view. I would like to avoid the issue of the player seeing more than the character should be able to see though. Also, let's not make aiming too easy. Real world gun battles often don't have particularly high hit percentages even when trained professionals are involved. Let's make the player worry about that ammo count without needing to fill the screen with enemies.

I think it could be a good idea to have the player change between the different girls rather than playing some blank slate. Fun as building your own cyborg might be, making the character too much of a blank slate for the player to play with restricts the game's ability to show said cyborg's character.

It could be interesting to develop an OC specifically for the game for the player to play, but would that really be better than being able to play the canon girls?

I also think it might be a good idea for the game to either preselect or limit the player character's weapons on missions. This way the player can't just select a high powered automatic rifle every mission and just blast their way through the mission -this way they need to figure out how to use what they've got on hand to get the job done.

I'm of mixed feelings on the issue of being able to pick up and use enemy weapons.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 5:41

I think playability as minor characters should be limited to multi. Who the hell would want to play through a story as Maria anyway. "I play soccer and collect bears".... BANG.... dead.

I was planning on just having the option to play the levels normally played as the standard cyborgs just for the lolz. Also, all the "normal" minor characters would have their capabilities and equipment enhanced to cyborg level. It's basically just being able to play as an M-60-wielding Maria or Emilio just for fun, nothing serious.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 2:15

then use a mgs4 system cover but with a first person view available and on wayu the could do more with less would be to make it about assasinations of key individuals than just mindless killing by the way does anyone have a japanese ps2 i would like to buy one
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 2:25

or would a japanese ps2 even work in a us power socket?
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 2:47

austinhowell wrote:or would a japanese ps2 even work in a us power socket?

You could get a power socket converter at a store. I got one when i went to Scotland and England.

You COULD just get a region free PS2, like I did. Or you could get a magic slide for your own PS2 to play Japanese games.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 13:40

where can i get a region free ps2 and/or do u know any specific stores that sell them
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 14:57

austinhowell wrote:where can i get a region free ps2 and/or do u know any specific stores that sell them

I got mine online like... 3 years ago. It was 300$. Plus the GSG games, which aren't cheap. I don't know of any store in the US that would have them, like GameStop, but let me look around the internet for something...

Here ya go! The price isn't SO bad... compared to mine...

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/PS2_Consoles_Region_Free_Playstation_2_Console_SCPH_90006_Charcoal_Black.htm
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 15:14

Back in the days of my Virtual On obsession I snagged a Japanese PS2 console and Virtual On Marz. Later when I was broadsided by a whack in the head by a Winchester toting figure... *cough*

Long story short, National Console Support was where I bought my silver colored Japanese PS2, Virtual On Marz, various other consoles, controllers, Twinsticks and other goodies.

Play Asia is where I bought the 3-Disc Gunslinger Girl PS2 box, used of course as I had no idea the games even existed...

But if one looks hard enough and you really WANT it then you'll have a chance of finding what you are looking for.
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 15:16

hey thanks
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sun 18 Jul 2010 - 15:23

can i use the region free ps2 in a us power socket
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum