Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game

+3
boomer_gonz
Nachtsider
sasahara17
7 posters

Go down

Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game Empty Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game

Post by sasahara17 Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 8:40

Starting up another thread.

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-

Hypothetical scenario; CC Interactive is a big name video game developer, and has recently gained the rights to develop a game based on the popular manga franchise Gunslinger Girl as a tie in for some big movie adaptation. They have unlimited funds, processing power, enough programming talent to put SEGA, Bungie and Take Two combined to shame... basically everything except the game concept itself. Which is basically our job. So what do we make?

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-

Just to kick things off...

'Legend of Pasta, Gunslinger Girl the Fighting Game' for the Nintendo DS

While Angieis sleeping she dreams aridiculous story aout how she the princess of the Holy Kingdom of Pasta must fight in a tournament to reclaim her throne. A 2D fighting sgame ala Guilty Gear and Melty Blood.

Characters;

Angelica is the princess of Pasta who fights using magically animated noodles from the box of chinese takeaway noodles she carries. A slow defense oriented character that can attack from any range.

Henrietta is the munchkin girl who usesa magical spyglass to call down shooting stars on her enemies. A very nimble hit and run type character, but is quite fragile.

Rico is a legendary traveling archer that uses a modest cross bow. Another nimble character who specializes in poking her enemies to death or uses devastating counterattacks.

Triela is the German Sheppard knight who rights with a bayonet. She relies almost entirely on close combat and high damage single attacks to carry her fights.

Claes is a farm girl who sights with a garden shovel and carnivorous plants (Kohaku-MeltyBlood). Her unpredictable move set makes her very unique.

Beatrice is a wearwolf who can bash people silly. Another strong character who transforms parts of her body to attack her foes.

Elsa de Sica is a one eyed undead vampire pining for lost love. A very adaptable but ultimately mediocre character who is good for beginners.

Petra is a traveling ballerina who uses dance moves as her move set. Mastery of her fluidity of movement is crucial in using this character as she cannot take a lot of punishment.

Pinocchio is a knife wielding wooden puppet. Uses a flurry of low damage attacks to chain massive combos to decimate his opponents. Rival to Triela.

...and so on.

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-

Go wild fellas. there's a ton of genres out there.

This should save us from coming up with new threads every time we want to discuss a new game idea in less detail.

Last edited by sasahara17 on Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 17:45; edited 1 time in total
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game

Post by Nachtsider Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 10:31

The pasta thing should be an RPG instead.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game

Post by sasahara17 Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 18:02

Nah, I'll let someone else post their RPG idea for a change.

And 2D fighting games need to be over the top. This isabout as over the top as you can get.

I'm thinking of a sandbox action game called 'Rico's Day Out' but will hold off presenting for now.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 19:43

A FPS similar to Battlefield: Bad Company based off of Nactsider's Battlezone story.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 5:50

I think it will be better a squad based tactical FPS like Rainbow Six. Suits the GSG atmosphere better as opposed to Triela mowing down everything with her unlimited ammo Winchester.

I also think it will needs a lot of quirky inter-squadmate interaction with good VAs

Eg; Player as Henrietta calls for help. Elsa says STFU over the radio because she is taking fire while Triela comes running swearing all the while. Rico who is somewhere else makes a random comment ofa cool paining she's just found.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 7:52

Cooking With the Gunslinger Girls, ala cooking mama:

Cooking with Angie comprises of Italian dishes, extra points for pasta

Cooking with Henrietta relies heavily on sweets and deserts, extra points of Joze likes it

Cooking with Rico comprises of breakfast meals, extra points for pancakes (guess why, points at whatface)

Cooking with Triela means intercontinental dishes, extra points for perfection

boss level cooking with Claes means the whole damn course from appetizer too desert, extra points for baking

the catch, you fail you dont just get a "don't worry mama will fix this" you get... well it's GSG what do you think you'll get? Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game 34844 Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game 841427 Gunslinger Girl (Hypothetical) Game 499796
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 10:53

boomer_gonz wrote:A FPS similar to Battlefield: Bad Company based off of Nactsider's Battlezone story.

Y'know, if I could be bothered to learn to code properly right now, I would seriously give that a go. I even have a tutorial for making FPSs. Only trouble is, that will make a Linux client only, and I really can't be bothered to move beyond C right now Razz
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 13:21

I miss the good old days of platforming shooters. I say GsG, Contra style.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 14:31

WAIT!!

METAL SLUG:GSG!!

Only this time have the ammo display be for the girls respective weapons only and their respective handguns be their sidearms. It will go like so.

Triela's Shotgun would take the place of...oh hell the shotgun is STILL one of the OMG I KILLED EVERYTHING ON SCREEN gun in that game.

Henrietta's P90 would take the place of the 'heavy machine gun".

Rico's SVD would take the place of the 'Rocket Launcher' only it would be faster and harder hitting. It would have the range that Triela's shotgun doesn't yet not hit as hard.

That's all I got for now because I have to go back to work. So any thoughts?
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 15:33

Get the source code for Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid ('tis open-source) and change it to make it GSG! cheers

Open source is so awesome, I think I'm gonna cry *sniff* Razz
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 19:41

Man, a metal slug side scrolling shooter with the GSGs would be so insane. Still you can't have a metal slug game without giving the characters a big tank to drive... so... Bear Brigade Tank?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 20:36

2D Side scrolling shooter: yes! That's a great idea. Of course, me being me, I feel an open-and-shut run-and-gun setup might be over simplifying the finer nuances that the source material offers. Design the stages to offer a little more tact (you could bust in the front door guns blazing, or you could take the back route and only kill, perhaps even abduct, the target).

If I were personally in the designer's chair, I'd play it out as an OC centric tale. "Gunslinger Girl: Rebirth". You'd get to name your player cyborg and choose a specialty and all that. In between main missions you would have a certain amount of time to distribute on side missions. You could complete training missions to gain additional skills OR take on additional story missions for additional resources in later scenarios (if you take the "clearing the communications relay" side mission, the main mission where you raid the compound won't have reinforcements coming at you on the way out, for example). This would offer a nice challenge and reward a basic, vanilla playstyle that is tactically employed, particularly if the plot is affected. Speaking of, the plot would branch to include Canon Character missions and add the other girls in as optional support characters for later missions.

Underneath the surface gameplay, the game would also keep track of how much damage you took out on missions and thus how much conditioning is needed to repair the cyborg afterwords. If your cyborg took too much conditioning it would affect the choices of the game, particularly the ending. A high conditioning dosage would mean fewer choices. Instead of starting the mission outside the building, for example, you'd be forced into the "back door" route. A low conditioning dosage would allow for broader choice as the plot progressed. Although it would be a ton of extra work, it would be nice if this broader range of choice allowed for alternate ending missions. For example, say you find documents mentioning the plan to bring Dante into the fray. The last mission would then be intercepting him at the docks. If you didn't get in fast enough to retrieve the documents before they were wiped, you'd get a different mission (St. Mark's tower perhaps?).

Anyway, yes: fast, pick up and go gameplay that can be adapted and refined, an original cyborg for better player-character bonding, and a branching plot dependent upon Player actions within the mission (e.g. damage taken, secrets found, time elapsed). That'd basically be the selling points. I'd buy a game like that.
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Forum Posts : 76

Fan of : Rico, Alphonso, and various writers of tremendous talent

Original Characters : Originality? CG has none of that.

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Registration date : 2016-07-03
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down