Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....''

+3
LoC978
Nachtsider
emperor
7 posters

Go down

Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....'' Empty Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....''

Post by emperor Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 3:20

Is this due to the condition OR because of her problem in her mind?

😕
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....'' Empty Re: Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....''

Post by Nachtsider Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 3:41

My guess is that Henrietta's sense of taste was impaired after being injured by the individual(s) who murdered her family.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....'' Empty Re: Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....''

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 5:32

I think this refers to the point in the story where Henrietta starts using more sugar in her tea, and Triela gives her the faux nickname 'Sweetie', no?
In the anime (it happens in the final episode), I attributed it to her memory of Claes smacking Angelica down after she wishes herself dead (that was the crux of the scene). Either that, or Claes really was making the tea more bitter, simply by not putting as much care into making it (a reflection of her state of mind at the time).

In the manga... it happens at a completely different time... still trying to figure out where it is...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 5:39

oh hell, it happens in chapter one, right after the surgery from the incident where she rushes in and gets shot in the arm. Definitly conditioning deadening her senses.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 5:43

Definitly conditioning deadening her senses.

Wait for the other post. 👽
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 5:47

*shrugs* there are very few things that we know of that happened to Henrietta proir to her 'berzerker rage' incident. I don't think we have much to make conjectures on besides her recent surgery and the feelings of failure she must've been experiencing over Giuseppe's disappointment in her performance.
Henrietta say '' I'm lost my sweet taste....'' Havingfun
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 7:22

It happens in the first episode in the anime as well. It's suppose to be a signal to this character, and thus all the girls, are going to die. As a result of conditioning.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 7:26

*rewatches the tea scene in ep.1*
nope. that's when they have a conversation about how their handlers must feel about devotion and such.
*rewatches the tea scene in episode 13 (first scene after The Light Before We Land)*
that's the one. Triela tries lightening the mood by making a joke about Henrietta's overuse of sugar in her tea, but the only thing on their minds was Claes' harsh words to Angelica.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 8:03

I think this is from Henrietta's emotional state of the time. Other than those two times, she does not do this on the other times she drinks tea with the girls or Jose.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 8:10

you're probably right, though it is still possible that in the manga it was due to recent use of the agency miracle drug(tm) for sedation.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 8:58

Henrietta is the least condictioned of the cyborgs, and the others are are condictioned heavier still have their taste. I think this would be akin to 'feeling numb" in Henrietta's case.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 9:01

that's another reason I still think the 'SWA miracle drug(tm)' would have more noticeable side effects in henrietta. she doesn't get as much of it regularly, and so her body has less of a tolerance to it. so when they have to use a fairly massive dose to put her under for surgery, she'd take it much harder than, say, Rico.

... but it is quite possible she was just feeling numb due to emotional exhaustion after disappointing Giuseppe.
(manga canon. I tend to disregard the last two episodes of the anime as an excuse to make a dramatic ending for it. and dramatic it was... but it deviates from the original canon, so...)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 20:19

The way I see it, the last two episodes of the anime don't deviate from canon at all.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 12 Oct 2007 - 22:56

LoC978 wrote:*rewatches the tea scene in ep.1*...
Well I suppose I can be wrong from time to time. In the anime it doesn't make as much sense. Though I think it still might be the conditioning. Remember Jose gives Henrietta a journal, and note book, because she's been getting forgetful. Henrietta shouldn't be that bad off compared to her counter parts. However in the first volume or two we do see what seem to me to be damage from condition. Same goes for the anime. I think it's just due to the fact she was the 'main' character. I don't think she's any worse off then the others.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 13 Oct 2007 - 1:34

Nachtsider wrote:The way I see it, the last two episodes of the anime don't deviate from canon at all.
For the most part they don't. However I do have a problem with their treatment of Claes in ep.12 - way out of character. Claes is my second favorite girl, so I tend to be very defensive of her.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 13 Oct 2007 - 8:29

Nachtsider wrote:The way I see it, the last two episodes of the anime don't deviate from canon at all.
the way I see it, they create an alternate canon, since many of the same scenes happen in the manga at completely different times (the meteor shower scene, and the 'sweetie' nickname scene, off the top of my head)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 13 Oct 2007 - 18:24

LoC978 wrote:
the way I see it, they create an alternate canon, since many of the same scenes happen in the manga at completely different times (the meteor shower scene, and the 'sweetie' nickname scene, off the top of my head)

Or the illusion that Angie dies at the end of Episode 13.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 14 Oct 2007 - 17:28

That one's fairly easy. What you see in the manga is Angelica after she woke up from the slumber she fell into at the end of Episode Thirteen - Marco was outside the room because he did not wish to disturb his ward. The meteor shower was still going on, and Beethoven's Ninth was set to play on repeat mode.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 15 Oct 2007 - 11:21

In my personal opinion I will present anatomcal and physiological data as evidence.

The section of the brain that controls memory is the parietal lobe. However the parietal lobe also controls functions such as sensory perception with the help of the frontal lobe.

To say that memory regression is an integral part of the conditioning process is to say that impairment, suspension, or elimination of certain parietal function will compromise that entire lobe's function.

As such, when the parietal lobe begins to be impaired so will sensory perception i.e. taste, touch, etc. This can also explain why the girls feel little to no pain. The thing about brain function is that "if you don't use it, you lose it". With increased conditioning the parietal lobe will begin to not only shut down, but atrophy.

In an attempt to pick up the slack, the other lobes will take over certain functions, but will eventually wear down as a result of the increased strain and conditioning. Self-perception will become increased as it shifts possibly to the temporal or frontal lobe. This would explain Angelica's outburst in the anime. As a result, other functions will begin to get slower or start to shut down i.e Angelica.

In closing, the reason Henrietta possibly is losing her sense of taste is not because she accidently bit a shell casing to see what gunpowder tasted like, but due to her failing parietal lobes.

Bows and walks away. :silent:
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 15 Oct 2007 - 13:06

Interesting point of view and medical knowledge.
+5 points for you Boomer.

I'm going to have to sit back and review some of the works... and come back to it later.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 15 Oct 2007 - 16:24

Boomer_gonz wrote:Smart stuff
Wow, I'm totally impressed. Are you working on your med degree, or some such?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 0:07

Well...yes and no.

Right now, I'm a nursing student but that's only to have a decent enough income working part-time to get a degree in biotechnology.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 13:16

Good luck to those dreams, Boomer.
May you do well in your endevours...

Now where were we?
Oh yeah...

I vaguely remember there being a drug/health suppliment out in the open market that is supposed to increase memory and intellegence, but its draw back being that it weakens heart values. Anyone knows what this is, and can it be applied to the girls sonce some of them have artifical hearts?
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 15:01

That would be ephidrine. Much scrutiny has been placed over this OTC. It is apparently been attributed to weakening cardivascular muscle, but all tests conducted have yet to confirm this.

It works by causing the bodies seratonin and dopamine levels to become alkaloid and therefore increase nerve stimulation and reaction.

Applying it to the girls is a risky proposition at best. Although their artificial hearts would probably handle the increased blood pressure due to increased adrenal activity, it will in effect increase their already rapid metabolisms. An increased metabolism will accelerate immunity, to both the ephedrine and the conditioning drugs.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 15:04

boomer_gonz wrote:That would be ephidrine. Much scrutiny has been placed over this OTC. It is apparently been attributed to weakening cardivascular muscle, but all tests conducted have yet to confirm this.
they constantly tell ya not to use it in the army, and they cite cases of soldiers on it dying of cardiac arrest in the middle of a 2-mile run.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 15:08

LoC978 wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:That would be ephidrine. Much scrutiny has been placed over this OTC. It is apparently been attributed to weakening cardivascular muscle, but all tests conducted have yet to confirm this.
they constantly tell ya not to use it in the army, and they cite cases of soldiers on it dying of cardiac arrest in the middle of a 2-mile run.
1 word: DAMN!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 15:09

That's probably because they already pump them full of epinephrine whenever. Trust me, those "booster shots" aren't those kinds of boosters.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 15:11

or the soldiers pump themselves full of caffeine, ephedrine, and whatever's in GNC Ripped Fuel (guilty. I use Ripped Fuel for PT tests) before they go for the run.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 17:05

Personally, I'm not that kind of fool that would do that to himself. Seen too many drug-horror stories to even attempt to do such nasty work. Thank the gods on that one.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 16 Oct 2007 - 20:22

hydroxycut was really big in Tech school. I think at least half the airmen there had must have been taking it. One of them was even foolish enough to talk ten minutes before our six am run. He barfed all of the track.

Besides the ephedrine, these are all perfectly legal drugs. We're not talking about a line of coke to help you for your PT test. Though I'm sure some idiot has tried it...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 17 Oct 2007 - 13:38

In short, the only short-cut in Life is Death...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum