Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating a new OC

+10
Piero
Danjo3
boomer_gonz
Whatface
LoC978
ElfenMagix
TTIO
Probit Return
Kiskaloo
Tommygunner70
14 posters

Go down

Creating a new OC Empty Creating a new OC

Post by Guest Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 13:45

Judging from what I've read, I gather OCs are characters for GSG the users create. I want to create one, and I have the idea (more or less) of what I want it to be but I'm pretty much new at this. So, how do other people create theirs? Also, do they have to be fratellos, or can they be normal people? And, lastly, when in the timeline do they pop in?

Back to top Go down

Creating a new OC Empty Re: Creating a new OC

Post by Tommygunner70 Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 14:01

Bloedzueiger wrote:Judging from what I've read, I gather OCs are characters for GSG the users create. I want to create one, and I have the idea (more or less) of what I want it to be but I'm pretty much new at this.

weren't we all new at one point?
any good to see another guy give it a go.

Bloedzueiger wrote:So, how do other people create theirs?
Thats a hard one to explain. I guess it would depend which way you want to take it.

You could take it anyways you want it.
Bloedzueiger wrote:do they have to be fratellos, or can they be normal people?
Normal people?(never met a normal person TBH) but 'normal' as in; A random Jack from Civilian life?
I guess it could, but that would kinda beat the purpose I guess, unless this person will be a Cyborg.

I know that I have a few OC's that Aren't Cyborgs, Like my OC Thomas whom has the Roll as being Triela's Half brother.
but its your call.

But no, you aren't really limited to Male handler, female Cyborg. male handler and Male Cyborg can also work. or Female hanlder Female cyborg, female handler Male Cyborg. its all been done before I think, and its all legal/welcome. depending on the readers personal taste of course.
Bloedzueiger wrote:And, lastly, when in the timeline do they pop in?

From what we know, GSG plays in Ca. 2000 or somewhere around there.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 14:18

I think it's pretty open.

My fratello of Michele Pagani and his cyborg Kara Michelle were originally just a "thought experiment" since I hadn't planned to do anything with them. So I created very detailed biographies for them which pretty much fleshed out their entire lives before they joined the SWA.

Of course, I ended up really enjoying writing them so that detailed biography came back to haunt me. sweat

I also had not seen the anime in years nor read the manga in months (Vol. 4-6) to years (Vol. 1-3) so I was no longer familiar with the GSG world. That also came back to haunt me. Wink

As for timelines, each author has their own. For my OC universe, the timeline extends from December 2004 to January 2006 at the moment. ElfenMagix's is in 2011. I believe a few others are in 2008.

The entire manga appears to take place between December of one year and December of the next. At the earliest, the "present time" the manga takes place is 2003 based on sightings of particular vehicles which were not available prior to that year (the most obvious example being the Prime Minister's Rolls Royce Phantom). However, there is a scene with Alessandro when he was younger (so four years or more prior to him becoming a fratello) being picked up in an Alfa 156 with the 2004 facelift, which would mean that the manga is taking place in the current time. Then again, in Yu's world St Mark's Campanile in Venice is being refurbished (you see it wrapped in scaffolding) and that has not yet happened (all that has been done was the installation of a titanium belt in the foundation to stabilize it).

So you're pretty much free to place it whenever you want. Wink

Does it have to be a fratello pairing? No. Some authors have independent operatives. Others expand the cybernetic augmentation program to other countries so you have American and British and Russian and Japanese cyborgs, as well.

For my OC universe, I chose to stay within the GSG manga (I choose to mostly ignore the animated episodes in my universe). All of my my stories take place "within the cracks" of the manga chapters, though events in the manga that have happened prior to the story (or even will happen after the story) have played a theme on a few of my stories.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 15:24

Bloed-san, the easiest answer to this is (and shortest)...

[use your imagination! Play with it for awhile! GsG in Star Wars universe? Why not? ]

so, there.

For further explanation:

OC is an abbreviation of Original Character; I know you know that already, but basically its yours and yours entirely. You don't *really* need advices around here and there if you're creating one.

I mean, that OC could reflect someone you know, reflect you, the personality you wish to be, or based on a different character, etc.

Just remember some of the points vital when creating an OC in your story such as:

-traits
-Personality
-Capabilities
-dissadvantages
-development

You don't want to end up with an uber-character that ends up plastered as Mary Sue or Marty Stu-like.

Also...creating a civilian OC is again, your choice. Why not? If you have a plan that suits your fiction then go for it! Why be shameful of it? It is your story, so its your call.

You could say--for example--create a High School comedy involving the girls enrolled in a school and goes on a normal school life (minus the cyborg, conditioning, etc.) and your OC happens to be a friend of them.(male, female doesn't matter).

Going a little further? Lets try to mix School Days with Gunslinger Girl and see what happens...so put the previous 'High School Comedy' and now involve your OC as the center of attention of all the original cast and cause them to kill each other.

...might as well mix it with Higurashi no Naku ni Koro Ni and turn it into a murder mystery since the number of players are available...might as well write that when the idea pops up again....

but yeah, basically, that's just it. Just use your imagination and do your stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 17:06

As has been said before, use your imagination. Who knows where it'll take you. One of my OCs was originally a very minor character and star of a oneshot to a story that I ended up scrapping. That ended up forming it's own story, and eventually, a sidestory to that, creating a whole slew of new OCs. Another OC is actually Elsa brought back to life, which also ended up becoming a sidestory.

I actually have a few civilian OCs. They're pretty useless when it comes to action, but the plot developement is pretty centered on them, so they're quite important.

Basically, just try things out and see where they take you. Trial and error of sorts.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 18:05

I've not done too much work with OCs, but here's what I've learned.

Above all else, write what you know. You may not think it applicable to stuff like this, and sci-fi, but it is, eg. Keetha (my OC) is actually a mix of 5 people that I know, myself included. As a result, I know her far better than I ever could have if I'd created her from scratch, and she has a far richer personality (though that latter point has yet to be demonstrated - I don't write much).

And it seems that you don't need the second bit of advice, that being: Don't be afraid to ask for help Wink
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 18:19

As explained, OC stands for 'Original Character(s)', which are characters created by the author for his/her fanfict of the Genre.

As stated, everyone seems to be in different a different timeline. I choose 2011 because of misinterpreted facts in the manga and anime pointing towards that direction. But it fits in with the story's premise that the First Gen cyborgs are at their End Of Life limit which plays a major part in the story. It also contains Angie because at the start of the story, Volume 9 did not come out yet and she was a still alive.

Characters can be anyone and everyone you need to be in your story. Handler/cyborg, staff members, people on the street, assorted villians (something we are missing here).

In the GsG-OC Wiki, you can check out what is there and what patterns authors are taking. Its a Who's who database for the fanfict genre.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 18:44

ElfenMagix wrote:assorted villians (something we are missing here).
oddly enough, they all just keep dying... Laughing
...something about our main protagonists being cold-blooded assassins.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 20:55

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with them. Are they supposed to be serious and fit in with the canon characters? If so, then its obvious that you should keep them sensible and don't make them too crazy.

But if its just for the lulz or if you plan to set them in a crazy universe of your own, then you can basically do whatever you want.

My OC Muffin, was originally supposed to be serious character. But as she developed over time, she just turned wackier and wackier. Now she's just this hyperactive chibi thing running around the loose. But that's ok, since I don't plan on doing a serious fic (or anything like that) anytime soon. She's just there for the lulz.

IMO, it all boils down do what you want to do with them in the end.
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 9 Dec 2008 - 23:01

It just depends really. As seen hear some were extensions of the fanbase, additions to the canon, or even 'thought experiments'.

My OC Alpha was the latter in an attempt to explain the origins of the SWA. Sometimes if there was a question that needs answering, why not answer it yourself?

My method might not work for you, but it is just a suggestion.

Last, but certainly not least; have fun.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 3:56

And don’t take it personally if someone rips on your OC for being a Mary or Marty, because there are some assholes in this forum who will do that. just whistlin'

And if you’re lucky (and I mean very lucky) your OC may get the chance to make a guest appearance in the B&B universe. But if I were you, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 7:57

Danjo3 wrote:And don’t take it personally if someone rips on your OC for being a Mary or Marty, because there are some assholes in this forum who will do that. just whistlin'

Well I do wonder who that would be, don't you mister Danjo?

Danjo3 wrote:And if you’re lucky (and I mean very lucky) your OC may get the chance to make a guest appearance in the B&B universe. But if I were you, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

It's always nice to see your own OC featured in someone else's fanfic, even if said fanfic is just a bunch of one shots bunched together. Makes you feel like you did a good job in creating said OC.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 10 Dec 2008 - 18:18

In writing a Fanfict, if one has to barrow characters from others- always ask for persmission!
Just in asking, you are doing the right thing and you will be surprized as to how many authors will say yes, if you stay within their stated restrictions. In the OC-Wiki, all characters (and their devices) state some sort of permission clause.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 2:06

Tommygunner70 wrote:Well I do wonder who that would be, don't you mister Danjo?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. Laughing
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 11:16

"When I take a fifth, I prefer Suntory whiskey. It's 'Suntory Time!'."

Oh, I'm sorry. You we're talking about taking the Fifth... Nevermind. sweat

I should note that my Borg designation is "Fifth of Gin". Wink
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 12:45

So much feedback...

Well, thank you everyone! I'll do my best, and when I manage to pull something together, I'll post it.
And, as far as criticism goes, it's all welcome. It's the way to learn, after all Smile. Just one final question: I don't have to ask for permission to use canon characters, do I?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 12:53

Bloedzuiger wrote:Just one final question: I don't have to ask for permission to use canon characters, do I?

Nope. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 16:06

This may contradict what you've been told by other people somewhat, but I'd recommend not basing your OCs too heavily on people you know, and especially not too heavily on yourself or your alter ego. A bit of influence from yourself or someone you know is fine, but in general, I say try viewing your characters more or less completely as their own entities rather then fictional versions of yourself or your acquintances.

Of course, I'm one of those people who seems to come up with character ideas fairly easily (too easily in some respects, given that I have more then I'll probably ever end up doing much with), so your creative mileage may vary.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2008 - 23:50

This may contradict what you've been told by other people somewhat, but I'd recommend not basing your OCs too heavily on people you know, and especially not too heavily on yourself or your alter ego. A bit of influence from yourself or someone you know is fine, but in general, I say try viewing your characters more or less completely as their own entities rather then fictional versions of yourself or your acquintances.

Yep, yep. True, true.

Remember, you're creating someone else you wish to exist...or so I call it. Not creating someone you know or another 'you'.

Just one final question: I don't have to ask for permission to use canon characters, do I?

Why should you? If so, we authors would have to ask permission to Yu-sensei to use his characters. One thing that you need to be wary off, however, is permission to use someone else's OC if you attempt to use them in your fic.

Other than that...I think that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 12 Dec 2008 - 2:56

Piero wrote:This may contradict what you've been told by other people somewhat, but I'd recommend not basing your OCs too heavily on people you know, and especially not too heavily on yourself or your alter ego. A bit of influence from yourself or someone you know is fine, but in general, I say try viewing your characters more or less completely as their own entities rather then fictional versions of yourself or your acquintances.

Excellent advice Piero. Most over the top characters (Mary/Marty) are a direct result of authors who try to live through them. If you base your OC’s on yourself or someone you know, they’ll come off as superheroes - trust me on this. You won’t think so, but it will be painfully obvious to everyone else.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 9:15

Wow, great topic, everyone.

Cause I'd like to make a pair! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 12:57

ringthebellamy wrote:Wow, great topic, everyone.

Cause I'd like to make a pair! cheers

I look forward to seeing them!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Angiegarde Tue 28 Apr 2009 - 18:50

Whenever I design a OC, I try to give them a distinct personality while including flaws and weaknesses that keep them from being perfect. Whether or not I succeed is left up to the reader but I don't try and live through my characters, I merely try to have them fit into a story and help to affect those around them while showing that they're capable of making mistakes and have issues to deal with which makes them human.
Angiegarde
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 2:03

Angiegarde wrote:Whenever I design a OC, I try to give them a distinct personality while including flaws and weaknesses that keep them from being perfect. Whether or not I succeed is left up to the reader but I don't try and live through my characters, I merely try to have them fit into a story and help to affect those around them while showing that they're capable of making mistakes and have issues to deal with which makes them human.
Sounds like an excellent formula. I tried to apply similar ideas to Biff & Britney, but I just couldn’t. Let’s face it – they’re just to freaking awesome. Any attempt I make to tone down they’re greatness is an exercise in futility. head bang

Yes, it is indeed a heavy burden…
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 10:10

Michele and Kara do draw a bit from the "Write What You Know" and "Life Embellished" tropes, though more because I did not plan to actually write OC fiction and instead just wanted to give them a very detailed background.

Now some forty stories later ( sweat ), I've made numerous adjustments to them to keep them from turning into "Author Avatars" or a "Self-Insert Fic".

And I have to say, TVTropes.org has been a very helpful resource.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 10:53

Kiskaloo wrote:And I have to say, TVTropes.org has been a very helpful resource.
They do seem to cover all the bases. If you’re not sure what kind of author you are what your characters are classified as, just browse around there for awhile - you’ll find something eventually.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 11:45

Just one final question: I don't have to ask for permission to use canon characters, do I?

Generally you don't have to ask for permission to use a published character in a fan-fict. The only change to this would occur should your story be published for-profit. Then you get into copyright laws.

I doubt there's a law governing ownership of a non-copywritten character in a fan-fict, but would you really want to use someone else's OC without their permission? Battles start that way.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 21:29

maverick375 wrote:I doubt there's a law governing ownership of a non-copywritten character in a fan-fict, but would you really want to use someone else's OC without their permission? Battles start that way.
A nicely written email to the admins at fanfiction.net got some idiot kicked out and banned, and his/her story deleted for using my OC "Rachel" without my permission...
SO BEWARE!!!

This is why I created the GsG OC Wiki. You can go there and study the OCs you might want to barrow, and find out if you can or can not since all the authors there state on their characters' pages whether they can be barrowed or not.

Also, in barrowing characters, you must submit chapters with barrowed OCs to their authors to see if they approve the content of actions/dialog of their characters. Those who have barrowed my OCs with permission have had their chapters quickly returned (less than 24 hours) with only small changes in their stories, often tiny corrections in dialog or situation but nothing that alters their stories. I'm more than generous if my OCs are respected.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 21:50

ElfenMagix wrote:Also, in borrowing characters, you must submit chapters with barrowed OCs to their authors to see if they approve the content of actions/dialog of their characters.

That's not really a blanket rule. You (and some others) may want "prior-review" rights, but other authors may not feel the need.

As for myself, if I respect an author's works enough to let them use my OC's, I respect them enough to trust they'll "do right" by them since I hope I have provided enough character depth and background in my body of work to either give them an idea of how they would react, or that they would ask for an opinion if I was unclear.

And even if they for some reason didn't "do right" by them, their stories are not part of my OC universe so I wouldn't see a personal need to go off the deep end about it. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 1:53

Kiskaloo wrote:As for myself, if I respect an author's works enough to let them use my OC's, I respect them enough to trust they'll "do right" by them since I hope I have provided enough character depth and background in my body of work to either give them an idea of how they would react, or that they would ask for an opinion if I was unclear.
I feel the same way about it, Kisk. If someone wants to use one of my characters, they either get free reign or nothing at all. If they have questions, I’ll be happy to help, but I’m not going to stick my nose into their story. As you said, it’s all about respect. Truth be told there’s a few authors in the fandom who could barrow from me without my permission and I wouldn’t care.

But then again, I’ve never put much stock in the whole permission thing anyway. Hell, I ripped-off Yu Aida’s characters (and story) to start with – it’s a little hypocritical of me to get bent out of shape if someone does it to me.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 11:18

Danjo3 wrote:Truth be told there’s a few authors in the fandom who could barrow from me without my permission and I wouldn’t care.

I just finished a companion book to John Scalzi's Old Man's War trilogy re-telling the events of the third book through the eyes of their 16-year old daughter and I can't help but think Kara would be a far more interesting OC if she was written as a teenager and not as someone "far more mature then her years" by someone (a female teenage author) who could accurately express that.

But then again, I’ve never put much stock in the whole permission thing anyway. Hell, I ripped-off Yu Aida’s characters (and story) to start with – it’s a little hypocritical of me to get bent out of shape if someone does it to me.

I was thinking much the same thing, to be honest. I've played fast-and-loose with the characters on more then one occasion and I have also applied a very thick coat of my own opinions on how the SWA, the PRF and their respective players came onto the stage over the original artwork Yu has created.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 12:24

The funny thing, though, is that where these Japanese comic artists are concerned, they tend not to get their panties in a twist as much as you'd expect them to when people create fan material based on their brainchildren. I've actually heard instances of some creators even ENDORSING dubious doujins of their work.

Having said this, I don't think you can expect me to believe that Yu isn't aware of all the GSG fan material floating around (ours included), especially considering his apparent web-savvy. If I am correct and he's being indifferent, I'd feel icky in a way. Icky in that we're sort of being lumped with some very distasteful H-material. I feel I can state without hesitation that the fiction we've been churning out is infinitely more reverent and true to the source material than anything else.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 12:34

Nachtsider wrote:If I am correct and he's being indifferent, I'd feel icky in a way. Icky in that we're sort of being lumped with some very distasteful H-material.

sweat
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 12:41

Not you, silly. There's risque stuff here, but it isn't gratuitous, 'sex-for-sex's-sake' stuff. Laughing
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 15:51

Nachtsider wrote:The funny thing, though, is that where these Japanese comic artists are concerned, they tend not to get their panties in a twist as much as you'd expect them to when people create fan material based on their brainchildren.
Well, you know the old saying in the entertainment biz - there’s no such thing as bad publicity.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 21:52

When I started Solution's Resolution, I remember posting on this forum (somwhere...) how to contact Yu so I can at least inform him of my creation and my intentions with his story and its elements. Like so many before me, I sent him an email of just such, and never (NEVER!!!) got a reply. So 3 months after sending him that email, I posted Solution's Resolution on FF.net.

So I asked.

Whether he has accepted it, read it or is aware of it, is on him. I do not manage his email, but I did sent him such an email. What can I say... I was young and naive. But at the same time, if someone wants to barrow my OCs, ask and let me preview the works to be posted if I say yes. That is all I'm asking, because I would do the same for you (OC Owners).
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 21:56

The first one to post the guy's e-mail on this forum was me, actually. I tried reaching out to him shortly after producing my first fan material, but nope, no reply came my way.

Then, when volume seven came out, this happened.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 22:20

I remember it was you, Nacht, that got me Yu's email.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 22:23

I just thought of something.

I barely noticed(call me blind) the character in the foreground to the far right. Short, messy hair-cut; thin frame, and what could be a basketball jersey over a t-shirt. That unnamed char. could pass for Alpha.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 22:42

That could be so, Boomer. Some people here say it's Pia, though...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 23:42

LOLZ!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 1 May 2009 - 11:17

Dream on guys. Everyone knows Little Britney is the only OC to ever make the manga.

The bastard used her without my permission, but as I said earlier, I don’t trip about such crap. Laughing
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 1 May 2009 - 16:33

I may be being a complete idiot here, but don't you think the reason Yu never replied might be because he can't read/understand much (if any) English?

I mean, if I got an email in a language I knew some of but not very much, I'd likely ignore it. Wouldn't you guys?
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 1 May 2009 - 16:53

TTIO wrote:I may be being a complete idiot here, but don't you think the reason Yu never replied might be because he can't read/understand much (if any) English?

I mean, if I got an email in a language I knew some of but not very much, I'd likely ignore it. Wouldn't you guys?

That may be part of it, but I also expect the volume of mail he gets in general is relatively heavy and chances are it is pre-screened by PR and/or other staff and things like these are "round-filed".
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 1 May 2009 - 21:04

I'd want to find out what the foreign e-mail said.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 1 May 2009 - 21:09

http://world.altavisa.com
My Answer to Unreadble Text Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 1 May 2009 - 21:13

Nachtsider wrote:I'd want to find out what the foreign e-mail said.

Well it is possible someone took the time to translate it, identified it as "fan mail", and treated it like any other piece.

It is also possible they just reject foreign e-mails as a matter of course, knowing that any serious inquiries (licensing, distribution, etc.) would come through the publisher and not direct to the artist (for in so doing such a thing, it shows that the person making the request doesn't understand how the business operates).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 2 May 2009 - 10:40

I’m sure Yu gets fan mail from all over the world (think of how many countries the manga is published in) so unless he’s muti-muli-lingual, he’d have to hire a team of people to translate for him. Seeing as he’s not on the New York Times best sellers list, that’s probably a luxury he can’t afford.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 3 Jun 2022 - 17:12

given the moral ambivalence of the manga, a 'villain' certainly wouldn't have to be out-and-out evil to be in the Agency's sights. He could be a man wronged by the government or drawn into the FRF by friendship or obligation. The villain could even be a 'secret' enemy, someone in government privy to the Agency's secrets and paying lip service to its usefulness, while working to end it and the government which created it.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down