Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings =]

+2
Triela-Chan
tsundere9kagami2
6 posters

Go down

Greetings =] Empty Greetings =]

Post by Guest Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:22

Hello fellow GSG lovers! I'm only sort of new to this site. I've been here a couple of times before but it's been mostly lurking...-_-'

Little info about me: I've been reading GSG for a long time, since the first volume was released by ADV...I mostly followed the North America releases but volumes usually took a long time to be stocked.

And yes, I'm a girl. I find it disappointing that not many girls in anime circles know about this or have read it. The series was actually recommended by a friend of mine who bought the first volume. And yes, that person was a girl as well. I was reading typical shoujo manga back then but this just took my interest. Now almost 4-5 years later, I'm still following this as opposed to many of the shoujo stuff I read back then. GSG has become one of my fave series...

I also have to comment on the superb art and characters. Amazing use of detail. From the scenery, to the streets (i want to go to Italy!), to the characters and the fights. I'll never forget the Triela vs. Pinocchio fight!! At the same time, there's a bunch of themes on the humanity of the world. I can't help but feel sorry for the girls.

Anyways,that was long but whatever...this series is worth it. Hopefully it gains a lot more audience (girls come on! i know you gals are somewhere out there!)

Back to top Go down

Greetings =] Empty Re: Greetings =]

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 23:52

suppies eh...celest(that ur real name?) uh welcome im sure theres other girls like you out here well theres triela ( http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mypicture2xb6.jpg ) then theres the 13 year old triela -chan and the other one uhh... rico chan she speaks german english
wellim sure you know about these people since you lurk but whatever Bong hit

Yokuso!!!
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 0:10

Greetings! I'm a newbie here myself, but this is a great community, I hope you will be able to make better Very Happy

Oh, and like every anime comunity, it needs girls XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 2:09

Youkoso~!!

Cyborg Central ni youkoso!

Welcome to cyborg cenral!

Don't be shy and do go around! The peeps here are friendly^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 4:58

Hey there! Yeah, I´m a girl cheers Hope you like it here!
You can call me T-Chan Greetings =] 499796 (when you want Laughing )
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico-chan Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 5:02

Hy yeah!!!! I´m RIco-chan Greetings =] 34844 And I´m a girl, too

Yeah.....!!!!! When you want you can write me back Very Happy
Rico-chan
Rico-chan

Female

Forum Posts : 169

Fan of : Rico, Triela and Angelica because I think Angelica have a nice smile

Original Characters : Mel (is a short form for Melanie)

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 7:44

Hey celest4,

The Dutch Scanlator welcomes you ^_^
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 12:31

celest4 wrote:I find it disappointing that not many girls in anime circles know about this or have read it. The series was actually recommended by a friend of mine who bought the first volume. And yes, that person was a girl as well.

Having reccomended this series to many people, I've found that I'm actually the only guy who likes it =O Anyway, methinks it's 'cos you need to be either sensitive/clever to get it, and comparatively fewer guys are...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 13:25

I know only gals who like mangas..... Except of the brother of my best friend....
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 13:30

Triela-Chan wrote:I know only gals who like mangas..... Except of the brother of my best friend....

Lol, I like manga's, my Fiancée likes to read a few. I got my sister into it. (she reads Love Hina) and my mother as well. (Chobits)
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 13:36

Tommygunner70 wrote:
Triela-Chan wrote:I know only gals who like mangas..... Except of the brother of my best friend....

Lol, I like manga's, my Fiancée likes to read a few. I got my sister into it. (she reads Love Hina) and my mother as well. (Chobits)

I LOVE Ken Akamatsu and CLAMP! I´ve got my siter and a few friends into it... but the most guys I know whose likes mangas/animes (still not many tough...well I now 1.... )are watching the anime and not reading the manga...

Greetings =] 499796
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 16:30

I'm more the other way around, as I don't like paying tons for a series unless I know I'll like it.
Though I've started an anime/manga craze amongst my circle of friends as well as another that overlaps with mine Wink
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:45

Thanks for the friendly greetings. Like T-chan most of the people that I know physically that read manga are girls...my problem is that they've never heard of this series!!!....and I highly recommend anything that comes from CLAMP or Ken Akamatsu. CLAMP's Wish and Love Hina were some of the first mangas I've read...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 18:55

Welcome to the forum, Celest. You're far from alone here - there are quite a few female fans among our ranks. Feel free to participate in any of the discussions on the forum - we'd all love to hear your opinions!

The thing about Gunslinger Girl is that it doesn't just suffer from a shortage of female fans - it suffers from a shortage of fans in general. I won't deny that people like it, but its fanbase is hardly anywhere as large as, say, Gundam, Love Hina, Macross, Full Metal Panic or (shudder) Naruto. This is largely due to the uniqueness of its subject matter, I say - there's really nothing like it, and a lot of people are reluctant to embrace something so mold-breaking.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 2:58

Welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:03

Nachtsider wrote: or (shudder) Naruto.

I like Naruto...............................................................................................
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:11

I suspect that the older a person gets, the less they like Naruto Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:19

I suppose you´re right....
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:22

...and while I'm here, welcome to group, celest4!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:32

GrafSpee wrote:I suspect that the older a person gets, the less they like Naruto Laughing

Given your age, you should know GrafSpee Very Happy
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:45

Nachtsider wrote:The thing about Gunslinger Girl is that it doesn't just suffer from a shortage of female fans - it suffers from a shortage of fans in general. I won't deny that people like it, but its fanbase is hardly anywhere as large as, say, Gundam, Love Hina, Macross, Full Metal Panic or (shudder) Naruto. This is largely due to the uniqueness of its subject matter, I say - there's really nothing like it, and a lot of people are reluctant to embrace something so mold-breaking.

Unfortunetly, you are 100% correct Sad

We have an anti-Naruto campaign in our school - essentially if certain people find out tht you like Naruto then they'll try and veer you off with something else Very Happy It has worked in the past... It isn't forcing them to stop though, just an attempt to show them that there is far better stuff out there than Naruto (I got a GSG fan through that Wink)
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:54

Tommygunner70 wrote:Given your age, you should know GrafSpee Very Happy

As one of the more "wizened" members here, I definitely do know Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 16:49

TTIO wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:The thing about Gunslinger Girl is that it doesn't just suffer from a shortage of female fans - it suffers from a shortage of fans in general. I won't deny that people like it, but its fanbase is hardly anywhere as large as, say, Gundam, Love Hina, Macross, Full Metal Panic or (shudder) Naruto. This is largely due to the uniqueness of its subject matter, I say - there's really nothing like it, and a lot of people are reluctant to embrace something so mold-breaking.

Unfortunetly, you are 100% correct Sad

We have an anti-Naruto campaign in our school - essentially if certain people find out tht you like Naruto then they'll try and veer you off with something else Very Happy It has worked in the past... It isn't forcing them to stop though, just an attempt to show them that there is far better stuff out there than Naruto (I got a GSG fan through that Wink)

....................Oh Lord,...I still like Naruto...I was one of the first who read it(the anime is shit)...Then it became very popular in Germany.........why don´t you like it??? snow
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 16:54

celest4 wrote:Thanks for the friendly greetings. Like T-chan most of the people that I know physically that read manga are girls...my problem is that they've never heard of this series!!!....and I highly recommend anything that comes from CLAMP or Ken Akamatsu. CLAMP's Wish and Love Hina were some of the first mangas I've read...

Have you also read:
Negima!? Ken Akamatsu
Chobits CLAMP
Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHROnicLE CLAMP
These are really good (some of my faves^0^)
I think I´m not going to suggest you Naruto because...yeah,...you know ...Embarassed
Does anyone like naruto here? sweat
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 17:05

Have you also read:
Negima!? Ken Akamatsu
Chobits CLAMP
Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHROnicLE CLAMP
These are really good (some of my faves^0^)
I think I´m not going to suggest you Naruto because...yeah,...you know ...Greetings =] 183408
Does anyone like naruto here? Greetings =] 61015

Negima!? <<<not too fond of it. Love Hina is better to a greater extent
Chobits <<<quoted for the lovely romance...although a little inappropriate sometimes
Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHROnicLE <<<not interested. Read it a few time, lost interest in the way

I used to like Naruto, but not anymore.

Naruto is basically very predictable--not the story line, I mean, but the result of a battle. A main character got beaten up, then suddenly up comes a special attack and then they win. Bleach goes the same way. 15-16 year old surviving a deep cut right through the chest? Wow, if it was me I'll die of fatigue and stress received from the pain...
Its too linear, so to say...

What I suggest reading aside from Gunslinger Girl

School Rumble <<<keeps you glued and entertained all night long
SaiKano <<<My Girlfriend, the Ultimate Weapon. Nuff' said, self explanatory.
Elfen Lied <<<unconditional love
Wild Life <<<Pet doctor with a plus on his hearing ability
School Days <<<just read, follow to the end, then leave a comment.
Rave <<<A classic is what I can say. Ending's a bit dissapointing though...Mashima-sensei rather forced the happy ending

Humm...I'd love to list more things here, but I don't have any idea what else...

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 17:17

Negima!? << I like Love Hina very much but I think Negima is better than Love Hina..

Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHROnicLE <Aww... C´mon the storyline is pretty good, you meet other CLAMP Charachters and there´s FYE!!!<3 cheers(Fye-fan sweat )

Naruto<< You´re right with your description, but altough that I like it....

What´s School rumble about?

My Girlfriend, the Ultimate Weapon<< Ahh!!! Always wanted to read it, but I can´t find it in Germany...

Last edited by Triela-Chan on Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 2:47

School Rumble is about 'school drama'--or a real-like depiction of students with students in school, school festivals, etc. Although I have to say it reference our culture most of the time...but its a good insight!

SaiKano is lovely. Not so romantic, tragic, yes, but sweet too...

T-chan, you mind reading in English?

www.mangafox.com <<<<that should provide

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 5:24

Panzer IV wrote:

T-chan, you mind reading in English?

No, it doesn´t matter! I´m often reading mangas in Onemanga or mangafox(I found the forum trough mangafox^0^)
Thank you!
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 8:08

Triela-Chan wrote:....................Oh Lord,...I still like Naruto...I was one of the first who read it(the anime is shit)...Then it became very popular in Germany.........why don´t you like it??? snow

I agree with you, the anime sucks. I watched about five minutes and got bored. The same was true, for me, of the manga. I've only read a few pages of it...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 9:14

TTIO wrote:
Triela-Chan wrote:....................Oh Lord,...I still like Naruto...I was one of the first who read it(the anime is shit)...Then it became very popular in Germany.........why don´t you like it??? snow

I agree with you, the anime sucks. I watched about five minutes and got bored. The same was true, for me, of the manga. I've only read a few pages of it...

Well, the first manga isn´t very good...but after the 2nd manga it becomes pretty amazing...
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 11:28

Well, the first manga isn´t very good...but after the 2nd manga it becomes pretty amazing...

Then when it gets up to chapter 200++ it gets pretty predictable and rather irk...

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:36

Panzer IV wrote:

Then when it gets up to chapter 200++ it gets pretty predictable and rather irk...

You mean the fight between Naruto and Sasuke? And the Oto-Quartett?
Yeah, that IS boring! Que? (I hate Sasuke! bang head ) But when Naruto Shipuuden starts it´s pretty amazing....though..... sweat
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:45

But when Naruto Shipuuden starts it´s pretty amazing....though..... Greetings =] 61015

No changes there either. It still going down and I think its getting more messed up from the whole story plot.

...Naruto and Sasuke sounds gay btw...

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:50

Panzer IV wrote:
But when Naruto Shipuuden starts it´s pretty amazing....though..... Greetings =] 61015

No changes there either. It still going down and I think its getting more messed up from the whole story plot.

Hmm.. I think I can´t agree with you Holier-than-thou ... Well ther´re only... 31 volumes out in Germany...

Panzer IV wrote:...Naruto and Sasuke sounds gay btw...

Oh lord NO
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:51

Triela-Chan wrote:Oh lord NO
Then you've clearly not cruised FF.net. Not that I'm recommending that you do. It's chock-full of poorly written fanfiction featuring Naruto/Sasuke...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:57

Nachtsider wrote:
Then you've clearly not cruised FF.net. Not that I'm recommending that you do. It's chock-full of poorly written fanfiction featuring Naruto/Sasuke...

Guh? Guh? Guh? REALLY?????
I´d never mentioned that!!!!
Urgh! That sounds creepy.... *shudder*
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 9:59

Nachtsider wrote:

Yeah... some poorly written SasukeXSakura's too.

Weak NaruoXHina
and the occasional HinaXSakura

Last edited by Tommygunner70 on Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 10:23; edited 2 times in total
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 10:01

Tommygunner70 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:

Yeah... some poorly written SasukeXSakura's too.

Weak NaruoXHina
and the occupational HinaXSakura

HinaXSakura!!??? Urgh it gets more creepier *shudder again*
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 10:12

No offense to anyone meant,

but we call those who like Naruto to an almost unbearable extent (extreme Naru-taku) Narutards.

I've lost interest for a long time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 10:16

Panzer IV wrote:No offense to anyone meant,

but we call those who like Naruto to an almost unbearable extent (extreme Naru-taku) Narutards.

Aha.............?

Panzer IV wrote:I've lost interest for a long time...

Like me with InuYasha...
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 10:26

Triela-Chan wrote:
Like me with InuYasha...

Inuyasha was interesting at first, but as the series went along it became really full of itself.
Inuyasha gets more and more power modded as the series progresses, while the rest of the gang doesn't get any new tricks.

Ranma 1/2: same deal there. good when it starts out, but starts to suck somewhere in the middle.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 11:12

...you're not offended are you T-chan?^^;

T-chan...? Gomeeeeeen T_T

But I'm not interested with Inuyasha in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 25 Sep 2008 - 10:29

Tommygunner70 wrote:
Triela-Chan wrote:
Like me with InuYasha...

Inuyasha was interesting at first, but as the series went along it became really full of itself.
Inuyasha gets more and more power modded as the series progresses, while the rest of the gang doesn't get any new tricks.

Yup it´s always the same

Tommygunner70 wrote:Ranma 1/2: same deal there. good when it starts out, but starts to suck somewhere in the middle.

I agree but the funny parts making it exciting and you want to read more........
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 25 Sep 2008 - 10:32

Panzer IV wrote:...you're not offended are you T-chan?^^;

T-chan...? Gomeeeeeen T_T

But I'm not interested with Inuyasha in the first place
No! Sorry missed to write you sweat Be sure I´m not !everyone has his own opinion
And you´re right with School Rumble I can´t stop reading it!!!
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content