Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field

5 posters

Go down

HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field Empty HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2008 - 19:02

Anybody remember the Hyper-Velocity Bullets from the original Ghost in the Shell movie?

Remember what they did to the Section 9 truck?

For those who don't remember or haven't scene the movie one man with a machine pistol punched so many holes into a van (similer to the ones used by section 2) that it looked like Swiss cheese. snipe

Now if someone with a submachine gun (it was using pistol sized ammo) could do that to a what is probably an armored van what do you think that same person could do to our girls?

Now what if the Padania got access to these lethal bullets?

Just some food for thought.

Back to top Go down

HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field Empty Re: HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field

Post by sasahara17 Fri 30 May 2008 - 19:13

I think this should go into the weapons section, since it's regarding a type of weapon rather than a plot idea. Anyway, HVBs would level a GSG cyborg handlily, but I have no idea where the 5R could even acquire such technology, much less afford more than a few bullets since this cyberpunk-era stuff should cost a fortune.

There are less expensive, abiet more difficult, ways to kill a GSG. Like running them over with a 16 wheeler for instance. Plus there are existing cartriges of a large enough caliber that could potentially cause great harm to a GSG, so HVBs while being a weapon capable of tearing a GSB to pieces, may be impractical given the setting. Besides, if all else fails, a few grenades ought to do the trick.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field Empty Re: HVB's : The Padania levels the playing field

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2008 - 19:40

Thanks for a minute there I thought the server went & ate it up.

But what about heat sensitive dual perpose ammo?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 30 May 2008 - 21:27

Padania are overused.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2008 - 21:45

Then how about the KGB?

The reason: Petra..

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 30 May 2008 - 23:01

Don't fret about Nachtsider, he always things the Padania are over used. Which isn't entirely unfair, but I personally disagree. Anyway as to HVB's. They don't work, not in the real world. You would need a hell of a lot of gun powder to get a bullet going that fast. You would be talking about a special magnum caliber, not just some really expensive 9mm you could toss in a Mac 10.

Even if you could you have another issue, Newton's third law. For ever action there is an equal, yet opposite reaction. So the same forces acting on the bullet to accelerate it, will act on the gun. Now the gun will have more mass, so it wont go hypersonic. However that doesn't mean it wont hit you in the face
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2008 - 23:31

Remember in GitS when the bad guys fired the HVB's the recoil pushed the shooters back.

They dug there heels into the ground & leaned forward a bit (just like you should when firing a .45 Thompson SMG) And FIRED!!!!! snipe

If the Padania & there Mafia allies have lab techs pumping out designer drugs to help fund there weapon's deal's those same lab techs can come up with the proper propelent to move a 9 millimeter bullet at HV levels the problem will be comeing up with a gun that can handle the HV round.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 31 May 2008 - 1:16

...and making the bullet outta something that won't disintegrate in the explosion used to propel it. a regular steel slug isn't gonna survive that much force.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2008 - 1:44

I wonder what kind of metal alloy do they use to make the new Dual purpose ammo that we keep hearing about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 31 May 2008 - 6:33

they should try flechette rounds against them !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 31 May 2008 - 12:02

Paladin wrote:Remember in GitS when the bad guys fired the HVB's the recoil pushed the shooters back.
I think this HVBs would have a little bit more kick to them then that. I imagine it would kick with about the same force as one of these. I will confess thought I'm entirely unwilling to do the math to prove that.

Paladin wrote:If the Padania & there Mafia allies have lab techs pumping out designer drugs to help fund there weapon's deal's those same lab techs can come up with the proper propelent to move a 9 millimeter bullet at HV levels the problem will be comeing up with a gun that can handle the HV round.
See this is probably the part that bugs me the most. First of all you talking about some crazy awesome chemistry, metallurgy, and weapons design here. Then you say terrorists do it. There is no evidence the Padania, or mafia are creating designer. Even if they where we are talking about two very different class of chemists here. One can be done with as little as a community college degree. While the other is noble prize level work.

I love GitS. I didn't bat an eye at HVBs in that setting. I mean when you can turn invisible, or copy your brain to the net, awesome guns are kind of par for the course. Even then though, you ever notice how HVBs where only seen in the first movie. Put that same concept in GSG, and I will do a double take. HVB just don't fit will in to GSG.

I mean honestly if the Padania really want to kill some cyborgs they can probably do it with what's already out. Just get a good shotgun like a SPAS-15, or USAS-12. Then load it with slugs, or some sort of explosive round. That, or get your hands on one of these bad boys. Either option would be cheaper, and easier to do then developing, and producing HVBs.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down