Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shotguns

+9
Professor Voodoo
ElfenMagix
MP5
Kiskaloo
Alfisti
maverick375
Good ol Boy
Nachtsider
Piero
13 posters

Go down

Shotguns Empty Shotguns

Post by Piero Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 18:23

Anyone got an OC that uses a shotgun? Yeah, I know they're loud, bulky, and tend to have very limited ammo capacities, but they're also brutally effective at close range and extremely versatile due to the wide variety of specialty munitions they can employ (like that fin stabilised electric shock round that taser produces). Plus there's the fact that Italian companies have produced a number of rather unusual shotgun designs.

I have two Cyborg OCs that use a shotgun as their primary weapon (although in spite of my comment above, neither one favors an Italian shotgun design). One of them is Felisa. She carries a very unusual South African shotgun called a Neostead. This unique weapon uses a bullpup configuration and has an action which is pumped forward rather than backwards. It has two six round tube magazines that are mounted above the barrel and tilt upwards for reloading. The user can load the two magazines with different types of ammunition and switch between them as the situation dictates. Due to it's configuration it is less than 28 inchs in length despite having a 22.5 inch barrel (the barrel moves when the weapon's action is cycled). The weapon's sights are mounted on its carry handle. It fires conventional 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch rounds.

http://www.truvelo.co.za/armoury/content/neostead-shotgun

The other cyborg OC I have that uses a shotgun is a second gen OC named Elisabetta. Elisabetta likes guns that make really big bangs. She typically has two viola case guns in the trunk of her handlers car. One is an Israeli Military Industries Galil SAR carbine in 7.62x51mm NATO. The other is a Russian built Saiga-12K semi automatic shotgun. Her handler generally prefers that she use the latter. The Saiga-12K is based on modified Kalashnikov style operating system. It uses detachable box magazines, factory models of which can hold 2, 5, or 8 rounds. They can fire 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch magnum rounds. Barrel length is about seventeen inches, with overall length being about the same as a standard Kalashnikov assault rifles (the weapon includes a folding stock). Sights consist of a rib and bead mounted on top of the gas block and a U shaped rear notch. Elisabetta typically loads her Saiga with 3 inch magnum shells each containing 15 pellet of 00 buck. This may seem like overkill, but she's a cyborg and can easily handle the recoil of such heavy loads, so why not? The main disadvantage of this weapon is that it's semi automatic action won't work very well with certain specialty loads.

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga12.shtml

There are also a few handlers among my OCs who I think might find a shotgun useful on occasion. Gabriele for instance frequently lets Sabina operate at arm's length, but is ready to get involved himself if need be. Because of this I think he might like to keep a shotgun in his trunk in case he ever needs help opening a locked door on short notice. Razz

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Shotguns Empty Re: Shotguns

Post by Guest Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 19:39

Cool i like the look of the first one

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 23:33

Not many shotgun users among the OC crowd. Saiga use is quite heavy among the few who are, though.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 0:03

crazyidiot78 wrote:Cool i like the look of the first one

Felisa's handler has a bit of a thing for exotic firearms.

Nachtsider wrote:Not many shotgun users among the OC crowd. Saiga use is quite heavy among the few who are, though.

Well, great minds think a like. Razz (Although older versions of Elisabetta didn't have the Saiga-12K. As you may have noticed, I have a tendency to make changes to my OCs weapons choices on occasion. Some of them have been through multiple revisions!)

Out of curiosity, which other characters use them?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Good ol Boy Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 0:06

Well, I've given a sawed-off Remington 1100 semi-auto 12 gauge to Dusty in some pics, and in a new one I'm working on. There were a few reasons I went with this model. I'd really liked the sawed-off Browning M-2000s used in Outland and the sawed-off Remington 11-48 (same old model I hunt with) used in the old Burt Reynolds movie Malone. I decided against the Browning, because it is no longer in production and ones you can find are kinda expensive, and I'd ruled out the 11-48 mainly because of my experience using one. It's a good gun; but it is long-stroke recoil operated with a slow rate of fire; and has a huge recoil spring, which if not kept oiled properly, will turn your semi-auto into a straight-pull bolt action. For me, the gas-operated 1100 really fit the bill and in it's shortened package, she can easily hide it in a guitar case, or under a long coat. It is still loud and messy, but sometimes that's what's needed.
Good ol Boy
Good ol Boy

Male

Forum Posts : 114

Original Characters : Dusty & Murdoch

Comments : "I see that once again, my love of redheads has bit me in the ass."

Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 0:09

I've seen video of a drone-copter mounted with twin full-auto modded Saiga-12 shotguns with 30rnd drum mags. Coolest thing I've ever seen.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 0:10

The Kel-Teck KSG is a new contender in assault shotguns as well.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 4:51

Somehow I don't think Jethro + Monty will be falling into the "uses shotgun" category any time soon... unless of course Jethro gets to wear tweed at the same time:
Shotguns Article-0-02363F0300000578-470_468x286

Though even then they would most likely follow the example set by The Avengers...
Shotguns A03
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 10:53

Michele has a nice pair of Holland and Holland side-by-sides to go with his Holland & Holland Range Rover by Overfinch. However, like his katana, they would never be used for an actual sanction.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 15:30

I have three OCs whom I know off the top of my head that use shotguns as their/a 'workhorse' gun or as part of their standard kit:

First up is Ike. In addition to his Para-Ordnance, he carries one of these neat little Serbu Super Shorty compact shotguns, his particular model using a Remington 870 receiver, which is modified to handle FRAG-12 high-explosive shells:
Shotguns Super_10

While realistically not the best choice for a shotgun, he does use it as a breaching weapon, and with a FRAG-12 shell in the tube, it serves as an ad-hoc means of heavier firepower, and it's also concealable, taking up not much more space on his person than his Para-Ordnance pistol.

Next up, we have Carmelita, whose primary long gun is a Mossberg 500 Road Blocker:
Shotguns MossbergRoadBlocker
Unlike the weapon above, however, her 'handler' (In quotes because he doesn't act like one) has had it customized with things like a folding stock, a SAW-style pistol grip, tactical sling, two weapon-mounted shotshell holders/pouches, and Mala Suerte (Bad Luck) is etched on the very front of the arrowhead-style muzzle brake. In addition, the gun has been worked over and modified to handle a variety of loads, such as flame-spitting Dragon's Breath shells, Hatton Breaching rounds, and of course, FRAG-12 high explosive rounds (seeing a pattern, here?)

Finally, there's Andy. Like Ike, he carries a shotgun as a complement to his primary pistol, in his and his brother's cases, a pair of Beretta 92FS Inox pistols with threaded barrels for suppressors. Unlike Ike and Carmelita, however, Andy's shotgun is a traditional break-barrel side-by-side Sawed-off Rossi Overland 12-gauge, similar to the one seen in Desperado:
Shotguns Sawedo10

Like Carmelita and Ike's shotguns, his Rossi has been re-worked to accept a variety of loads.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 2 Apr 2012 - 19:35

Barrels less than 18 inches on shotguns are illegal in many areas, MP5, because of their ease of concealment and ability to do damage more than a hand gun or rifle of equal power.

That said, Fernando has a set of shotguns in American, many for target and hunting with his friends. His Remington 10 Gauge is one of his favorites, especially when he shoots slugs from it. An 1869 hexagon barrel shotgun which he and his friends refer to as "The Kentucky Shotgun" as another fave, only because of its age and feel in holding and shooting. Though its a single barrel, it is a dream to shoot.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 1:19

Alfisti wrote:Somehow I don't think Jethro + Monty will be falling into the "uses shotgun" category any time soon... unless of course Jethro gets to wear tweed at the same time:

Given the kind of work your fratello does it might be worth remembering the fact that shotguns and their ammunition are often available even in countries that heavily restrict other types of firearms.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 3:02

A shotgun is kind of Triela's signature thing, which may be why most fanfic writers leave it alone.

That said; as useful as such a weapon would be on the missions Section Two is tasked with (think safehouse clearing) I imagine all the cyborgs get at least some degree of training with shotguns.

Fill up the shells with a rubber slug or pellets and a shotgun becomes an effective non-leathal tool for capture jobs.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 3:41

Piero wrote:
Alfisti wrote:Somehow I don't think Jethro + Monty will be falling into the "uses shotgun" category any time soon... unless of course Jethro gets to wear tweed at the same time:

Given the kind of work your fratello does it might be worth remembering the fact that shotguns and their ammunition are often available even in countries that heavily restrict other types of firearms.
True, but can you see Monty with a shotgun? I mean really?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 7:33

I don't know I could see her with one if she was pushed far enough.

Ok the video doesn't want to be embeded so here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 7:43

crazyidiot78 wrote:I don't know I could see her with one if she was pushed far enough.
Oh Monty'll pick up just about anything if it's handy... but deliberately carry one as part of her general loadout? Probably not so much.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 11:26

We haven't seen it yet, but post-integration with the team, John will sometimes operate with a Benelli M1014 with all the fixins, and will occassionally discuss tactics with Triela vis-a-vis pursuits and sudden engagements
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstar117 Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:58

Nachtsider wrote:Not many shotgun users among the OC crowd. Saiga use is quite heavy among the few who are, though.

Tromix modded Saigas (especially the S17) are something worth considering.

http://www.tromix.com/saiga.htm
Darkstar117
Darkstar117

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Comments : King of Golf Ramp, Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 7:09

My OC Victoria uses the Techno Arms MAG-7 because of its small size a 5 round magazine, meaing that is is easier to conceal and carry one her, which in turn makes it easier to protect her Handler (although Andormeda could beat a wall in a staring contest and is quite capable of defending herself). Has used it with flachettes when dealing with body armour and keeps some regular 12 guage shots handy too.
Shotguns Mag710Shotguns Mag7bw10
She also has a AA-12 with a 36 round drum loaded with frag-12s for any 'sticky situations'.
Shotguns Aa-1210
Until seeing that viseo, I had thought Dragon Breath rounds had been made up, but I guess I'll add them to Victoria's arsenal too.

The Handler, Samuel Flannigan, uses the Saiga, but that's just 'cause it was the only cool Russian shotgun I could think up at the time (because he primarily uses Russian weapons)
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 6:17

Amsel due to his law enforcement background is quite a user of the shotgun. Lemme ask what he thinks...

"In a sense a shotgun needs more precision than any rifle because you've got so few rounds up the pipe, and every shot takes time to recover from because of recoil and various actions. And keep in mind even the best shots have one or two flyers - bad juju when you're talking precision work, and the reason Luce refuses to use one. The most important thing about scatterguns though, is reloading the damn things. You need to constantly feed those shells into that gun, and sometimes under fire. You'll use your handgun a lot when a shotgun runs dry."

"During room clearing, it's generally accepted practice to reload every time you clear a room and have to engage combatants. The problem with a magazine-fed shotgun is that the reloads are enormous; about the size of a forty-round AK mag, usually, but with only eight to twelve rounds. This means you can enter a room, fire three to four rounds, and have to reload this massive thing into some spare pocket or pouch and top off with another one instead of feeding a few into a tube. On top of that, you gotta carry mags for slugs, breaching rounds and even tear gas rounds, if you get issued them. Shotguns are all about reloading."

"I do dig the Saiga shotguns, though. Yeah, all the problems I listed above. But they're amazing in... I wouldn't quite say drive bys, but shooting from a vehicle is pretty easy with buckshot. They're a very intimidating weapon to break an ambush when a LMG isn't on hand. Always remember slugs put giant dents into vests and people."

Amsel uses a Remington 1100. It's a very high-quality shotgun with many accessories that has an adjustable gas regular for other types of ammo. Why not a Benelli? Amsel doesn't like the action release. That's about it. It has a tube mag, which means it has a limited output of fire at any given time, but he can use speedloaders for it if necessary. It's also relatively long an heavy for a shotgun. Amsel has some weird tastes.

He uses a Saiga if he needs a shotgun for something other than blowing doors down and clearing rooms. It's about as high-speed-low-drag as you can get with a scattergun without resorting to a twenty pound automatic weapon that still only holds twenty rounds. A pump shotgun is used if he needs less lethal - though he's particularly partial to grenade launchers lobbing less lethal than ammo. On the whole, he uses rifles.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content