Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moogle's Art

4 posters

Go down

Moogle's Art  Empty Moogle's Art

Post by moogledraw Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 22:38

The first drawing I will post is one I did recently. I kind of did it really sketchy like and I didn't like the paper I used (it smears too much).
I know I can draw better than this, I really can. Wink
I will post more Gunslinger girl drawings on here later, perhaps my really old ones too. Smile
But anyways, here it is:
Moogle's Art  Scan_210
moogledraw
moogledraw

Female

Forum Posts : 13

Fan of : Gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Madeleine

Comments : I will upload some original works of my OC and such.

Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Moogle's Art  Empty Re: Moogle's Art

Post by moogledraw Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 22:47

Here is one more that I found in my old collection of drawings. it is an old one, a few years old of Rico falling in the water. Smile
Moogle's Art  Scan_211
moogledraw
moogledraw

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 22:51

The only criticisms I have are that (1) Triela's head seems quite large, and her eyes seem set a little too low on her face, and (2) Rico could be tilted a little more to better give the impression of falling - she looks like she's standing upright on the surface of the water. Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever. I like the subtle shading and rubbing you've done to invoke light and shadow, as well as hair color and clothing textures.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 7:46

Nicely done. Without repeating what Nacht said, on the second pic it looks like you did some blocking of Rico's form, laying down a skeleton before drawing the rest of her body. The drawing of Triela could probably benefit from a bit more of the same (I can see some lines for the head), particularly for getting the shoulder/hip ratio.

As to the smudging issue, I'm going to guess you were using cartridge paper? If so, it might be worth trying bond or a lighter pencil (or both). I always liked 2H for laying things out. It's hard, but easy to rub out and you can draw really lightly with it.

Keep it up Moogle's Art  2752
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by moogledraw Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 12:59

Alfisti wrote:Nicely done. Without repeating what Nacht said, on the second pic it looks like you did some blocking of Rico's form, laying down a skeleton before drawing the rest of her body. The drawing of Triela could probably benefit from a bit more of the same (I can see some lines for the head), particularly for getting the shoulder/hip ratio.

As to the smudging issue, I'm going to guess you were using cartridge paper? If so, it might be worth trying bond or a lighter pencil (or both). I always liked 2H for laying things out. It's hard, but easy to rub out and you can draw really lightly with it.

Keep it up Moogle's Art  2752
Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, the second one is really old. More than a few years. As for the first one, I used crappy paper. It was sketch paper, but the texture of it was really loose.

I used a 2h pencil at first but then the paper starting smudging everything. It turned out really crappy in my opinion and I know I can do a lot better, but I thought I'd post it.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, they really do help.

I think the next one I will draw with different paper. I don't think I'm going to use a skeleton next time either because that's usually how i mess up proportions, especially if I don't use a set structure for the body. But, if I choose to use a skeleton anyway, I think I will use a reference image next time.
moogledraw
moogledraw

Female

Back to top Go down

Moogle's Art  Empty Another drawing.

Post by moogledraw Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 22:44

This one I am not finished with yet. I still have to fix some proportions like Angelica's face and some clothing ines. After I am finished with the detail and shading I will sure to edit this post and post it up. This image was referenced from volume 2 the 1st part to the pasta story.

*I uploaded an edited version of the previous copy I posted. I fixed Angelica's face and some lines and then I had to enhance the image quality because when I scanned it, it was too light.

Eyes and Hands are still hard for me to draw, especially eyes since there is a specific style for the Gunslinger Girls.

Moogle's Art  Scan_213

Last edited by moogledraw on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 14:17; edited 1 time in total
moogledraw
moogledraw

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 6:37

I like the expressions on both Angie and 'etta!
Nicely done. head bang
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by moogledraw Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 21:05

I have been drawing on my 3ds xl lately with an app called colors!3d. Here is Henrietta.Moogle's Art  Henrietta_by_moogledraw-d5m5n9f
moogledraw
moogledraw

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 22:29

'Etta looks cute as always, great work!
Cool to see you back in the GSG club!
cheers
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum