Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone!

+6
Triela
KodokuRyuu
Five_X
Alfisti
maverick375
malbonheur
10 posters

Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Hi everyone!

Post by malbonheur Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 23:10

I've been reading the manga, in Spanish, in another fansubber forum, but theirs is not so often visited. It amazes me how small a group the followers of a top-notch quality manga like this are compared to other crappy mangas. I've been lurking in this site for a while now , and i couldn't help noticing how many of you despise Petra , even though the whole idea of having a mid-teens cyborg , with a longer lifespan, was the aim of the research done to the girls in the first place.
And as this series progresses, we're going to watch the disappearance one by one of the first generation cyborgs( our beloved Henrietta seems is next in line), and more of second generation cyborgs, whom we've only seen their faces (aside from Petra) in one page.
I hope we'll get to see how the SWA evolves in time over the next years and not just a distant ending.
That was all guys and thank you for all the hard workin translating this manga and being the best (or is it the only?) english speaking gunslinger girl forum
malbonheur
malbonheur

Male

Forum Posts : 12

Fan of : Petra and Triela

Comments : Yeah, you read that right I'm a fan of Petrushka

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Re: Hi everyone!

Post by maverick375 Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 23:30

WELCOME!!!

And don't be put off by the Petra haters. Most of them are still pretty cool, for the most part.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 23:35

Don't worry mate, there's plenty of us here who like Petra as well Hi everyone! Icon_wink

Anyways, welcome to the madhouse.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 23:57

Hey, isn't that Awinnell's avatar? Huh. This might get confusing...

Anyways...

Hi everyone! Ilyaforumintroduction

Enjoy!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 0:40

Welcome to the forum! What got you into GSG? Could you link us to the Spanish GSG fansubber site? I'd love to compare notes.

Alfisti wrote:Don't worry mate, there's plenty of us here who like Petra as well Hi everyone! Icon_wink
Quoted for truth.

Five_X wrote:Hey, isn't that Awinnell's avatar? Huh. This might get confusing...
Yes it is. Malbonheur, would you mind changing your avatar? Awinnell's had that avatar for ages, so when I see you post I think it's him.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 0:43

Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! Hope you like it here!

At least you like Triela as well, so you're not all bad. Haha! I kid, I kid! ^o^

I am one of those Petrushka haters, and I can say without a doubt that if all the first gens die and the series continues I'll stop reading/watching GSG. I would love to have a good ending to the series in my mind and not have it ruined by these teenagers.

Just my opinion on the matter! ^_^

Last edited by Triela on Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 1:36; edited 1 time in total
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 1:23

Triela wrote:I am one of those Petrushka haters, and I can say without a doubt that if all the first gens die and the series continues I'll stop reading/watching GSG. I would love to have a good ending to the series in my mind and not have it ruined the these teenagers.
I agree - the series should end no later than the point when all the first gens are gone. I also feel that Petra's arc detracted from the main plot. However, I did enjoy seeing a fratello that could actually have a real relationship.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Changed avatar

Post by malbonheur Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 2:41

I hope this one isn't already taken.I'm glad there are a few others who also like Petra. By the way, Five_X, what anime the Welcome to the Forum girl comes from?
What got me into GSG? Well, i saw the anime first, someone recommended in an Elfenlied forum.the first thing that caught my eye was he scenario, Italy, seriously how many mangas out there take on a realistic view of a contemporary country in Europe dealing with socio economic problems of the north south divide or rich, law-abiding entrepreneurial and poor, high-unemployement, welfare dependent regions( could be Cataluña and pretty much the rest of Spain, Flandres and Wallonie or the EU itself) and then, of course, the plot got me. This is the site araña fansub where i read it, the libretto is really interesting. Hope it helps.
KodokuRyuu wrote: I agree - the series should end no later than the point when all the first gens are gone. I also feel that Petra's arc detracted from the main plot. However, I did enjoy seeing a fratello that could actually have a real relationship.
Actually, the series could go on for decades, as far as independentist-terrorist movements in real life last, on average is much longer than the years first-gen girls have left. Though, i would still love to see Padania utterly defeated and the tecnology advanced enough so that the girls can fully reach adulthood and how they would adapt to real life, their relationships with their formers fratellos, no longer as killer machines. Though, of course, that's impossible for first-gin girls that's why I'd love to see further development of the 2nd-gen girls
malbonheur
malbonheur

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 3:18

Ah, the girl in the .gif I used is Ilya, from the anime/visual novel Fate/Stay Night. As a few certain people on this forum can tell you, it's awesome.

To extend on that, Ilya won the Cute Tournament here at Cyborg Central, and I personally consider her the cutest character ever. It helps that she's very well written, too.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 3:31

malbonheur wrote:By the way, Five_X, what anime the Welcome to the Forum girl comes from?
The character is Ilya from Fate/stay night. It's an excellent series.

malbonheur wrote:the first thing that caught my eye was he scenario, Italy, seriously how many mangas out there take on a realistic view of a contemporary country in Europe dealing with socio economic problems of the north south divide or rich, law-abiding entrepreneurial and poor, high-unemployement, welfare dependent regions( could be Cataluña and pretty much the rest of Spain, Flandres and Wallonie or the EU itself) and then, of course, the plot got me.
Wow, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the show, though not so elegantly put in my case. Razz

malbonheur wrote:This is the site araña fansub where i read it, the libretto is really interesting. Hope it helps.
Sweet, thanks! Wow, they've got Libretto translated? Awesome. Hm, translating it from Spanish to English would be easier than trying to read Yu's handwriting...
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 7:52

malbonheur wrote:
KodokuRyuu wrote: I agree - the series should end no later than the point when all the first gens are gone. I also feel that Petra's arc detracted from the main plot. However, I did enjoy seeing a fratello that could actually have a real relationship.
Actually, the series could go on for decades, as far as independentist-terrorist movements in real life last, on average is much longer than the years first-gen girls have left. Though, i would still love to see Padania utterly defeated and the tecnology advanced enough so that the girls can fully reach adulthood and how they would adapt to real life, their relationships with their formers fratellos, no longer as killer machines. Though, of course, that's impossible for first-gin girls that's why I'd love to see further development of the 2nd-gen girls
I gotta admit, I'm with Kodoku on this one. As much as I'd like to see more GSG, I'd get worried that it'd stagnate after awhile or, worse, go the way of other series that have started replacing large sections of cast... Stargate SG1 comes to mind. That apparently picked up at the end, but I wouldn't know as I lost interest somewhere around Season 7.

Basically I'd prefer to remember it an enjoy it as something I would like to see more of rather than something that go sour toward the end. Aside from that, I also think that the end of the 1st Gen girls makes a nice "rounding up" as it were. As you said, the series could go on for decades, but I think it would always feel like there should have been a stop there.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 8:12

Alfisti wrote:
malbonheur wrote:
I gotta admit, I'm with Kodoku on this one. As much as I'd like to see more GSG, I'd get worried that it'd stagnate after awhile or, worse, go the way of other series that have started replacing large sections of cast... Stargate SG1 comes to mind. That apparently picked up at the end, but I wouldn't know as I lost interest somewhere around Season 7.

Basically I'd prefer to remember it an enjoy it as something I would like to see more of rather than something that go sour toward the end. Aside from that, I also think that the end of the 1st Gen girls makes a nice "rounding up" as it were. As you said, the series could go on for decades, but I think it would always feel like there should have been a stop there.

Reading that sounds just like Pokemon.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 11:55

Hey there! I hope you´ll have fun around here ^_^
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 12:24

Welcome to the forum...I think you're our first memeber from Peru! Enjoy!
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Wow, not a day has passed and so many answers

Post by malbonheur Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 14:19

Five_X wrote:Ah, the girl in the .gif I used is Ilya, from the anime/visual novel Fate/Stay Night. As a few certain people on this forum can tell you, it's awesome.

To extend on that, Ilya won the Cute Tournament here at Cyborg Central, and I personally consider her the cutest character ever. It helps that she's very well written, too.
I knew i have seen her elsewhere, actually I'm more into Rin Tosaka, However, loliwise i think I'll stay with Anya Alstreim Hi everyone! Wallpa11
KodokuRyuu wrote: Wow, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the show,
Could you recommend me another anime set in a believable Europe. When I think about it , only Hetalia: Axis Powers y First squad come up nd the first is more like a comedy nd the second delves into fantasy.
Alfisti wrote: As much as I'd like to see more GSG, I'd get worried that it'd stagnate after awhile or, worse, go the way of other series that have started replacing large sections of cast... Stargate SG1 comes to mind. That apparently picked up at the end, but I wouldn't know as I lost interest somewhere around Season 7.

Like a never-defeated general who doesn't know when to stop(Napoleon), anyway, while I do think that the first-gen girls deaths would wrap things up nicely , I couldn't help but wander what happened with the 2nd-gen and possibly 3rd gen girls. Still, It'd be interesting to explore the underdeveloped characters in a spin-off manga. Well, one has a right to dream, no?
malbonheur
malbonheur

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 14:30

Welcome to the forum, malbonheur. You needn't fear - I'm a keen defender of A&P myself, the fratello really added a lot to the series. Smile
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 14:59

malbonheur wrote:Could you recommend me another anime set in a believable Europe. When I think about it , only Hetalia: Axis Powers y First squad come up nd the first is more like a comedy nd the second delves into fantasy.
Hellsing is set in England and Monster is set in the German area - both are good series that are fairly realistic despite having fantasy elements. Baccano! is set in the US during the '30s and is an excellent series with a realistic art style. Les Misérables: Shoujo Cosette is an anime adaption of the French novel Les Misérables and is fairly good (probably the most realistic plot of the ones I've listed).
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 15:44

WOOO!!! MOAR PEOPLEZ!!!!