Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea for my (currently dormant) fic

5 posters

Go down

An idea for my (currently dormant) fic Empty An idea for my (currently dormant) fic

Post by SPARTAN 119 Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 20:22

I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish this fic, but I do have a idea of a new addition to it. First of all, Global Military Solutions is based in Central America now, and the CEO is a Padanian sympathizer. Also, David Wilson has done work in Central America in a field biology course, so he knows the place and has some jungle survival training, and since Daniella has no handler now and the others, after having freed their handlers being held at a joint GMS-Padanian insurgent base in northern Italy, Dave and Daniella go on alone to Central America.

Well, not quite alone, at some point (not sure which), they run into a certain Kara Michelle Pagani who Dave and Dani discovered washed up on the Central American shores after GMS attacked their boat and took Michele prisoner.

What follows are a bunch of scenes of Kara, Dave, and Dani trekking through the Central American jungles to a military base including:

David picks up Kara's suppressed XM8 and takes aim at something the forest canopy
Kara: "What are you doing with my rifle?"
David fires a single shot. An 8-foot long boa constrictor falls from a tree, dead.
David: "Getting dinner!"
Kara:Yuck!

Later, in the evening:

Kara: "What are you doing up in that tree?"
David: "Making a few platforms for us to sleep on with these branches. If there's one thing you should know about sleeping in a jungle, this is that you should always keep off the forest floor"
Kara (sounding slightly worried): "Why?"
David: "Because the forest floor is covered in ants, spiders, snakes, and all kinds of other things you don't want to share a bed with!"
Kara:Yikes!

Just one question:
Kiskaloo wrote:Prior Permission is not required for other authors to borrow the character, but try and not do anything too horrible to them, please. Thanks.

Does this only apply to deaths or horrific injuries, or does this also apply to separating Kara from the life of luxury she's used to?
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

An idea for my (currently dormant) fic Empty Re: An idea for my (currently dormant) fic

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 21:05

SPARTAN 119 wrote:Just one question:
Kiskaloo wrote:Prior Permission is not required for other authors to borrow the character, but try and not do anything too horrible to them, please. Thanks.

Does this only apply to deaths or horrific injuries, or does this also apply to separating Kara from the life of luxury she's used to?

Not really.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

An idea for my (currently dormant) fic Empty Re: An idea for my (currently dormant) fic

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 21:19

Kiskaloo wrote:
SPARTAN 119 wrote:Just one question:

Not really.
It basically means that you return them in the same condition you barrowed them from.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 11:16

SPARTAN 119 wrote:
does this also apply to separating Kara from the life of luxury she's used to?

Everybody (including me I guess) just seems so amused by the thought of placing poor Kara in some horribly disgusting "fish out of water" scenario!
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 12:26

Well do remember that Kara came from a middle class background. So while she has quickly become "accustomed to a certain level of comfort" with Michele, it's not like she started out as a heiress.

So if you strip away the fine clothes and fancy cars and three star Michelin meals, I think she'd still be able to function even if she wasn't a highly trained cyborg designed for adaptability.

Which she is.

Not that she'd be happy to be seen in public dressed like this, mind you:

An idea for my (currently dormant) fic Kara_Undercover
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 12:45

Kiskaloo wrote:Well do remember that Kara came from a middle class background. So while she has quickly become "accustomed to a certain level of comfort" with Michele, it's not like she started out as a heiress.

That was all pre-conditioning though. While a girl's former life may leave an impression on a cyborg I believe her surroundings, handler & training have a greater effect on her post-conditioning personality. Example; if Marisa had been assigned a handler like Michele or Giuse I think she would have turned out quite differently from the psychotic tomboy she is. Conversely, if Kara had been assigned an Elio or a Jean her tastes would be signifigantly less refined.

This is all open to debate of course...
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 13:48

Well it has sparked something I wanted to discuss in my Pactio thread, so once I can articulate it, I shall post it there.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 17:56

Professor Voodoo wrote:
SPARTAN 119 wrote:
does this also apply to separating Kara from the life of luxury she's used to?

Everybody (including me I guess) just seems so amused by the thought of placing poor Kara in some horribly disgusting "fish out of water" scenario!

I would not say that because I would not do that. If I were to ask Kisk (and I did for Gumballslinger Girl over a year ago) to use Michele and Kara in a story, I would have him go through each chapter before publishing them and making changes as he thought needed. Just like I am doing With Boomer Gonzales and (indirectly through Boomer) Natchsider for their characters Alpha and Liesel. So far its been a ball working with them. If Kisk wanted to use my characters (like anyone else), he can ask me for their use but I would like some iinput at least to keep them in character within the story. For me this in the least one can do for respect of the author and their OCs.

Professor Voodoo wrote:That was all pre-conditioning though. While a girl's former life may leave an impression on a cyborg I believe her surroundings, handler & training have a greater effect on her post-conditioning personality. Example; if Marisa had been assigned a handler like Michele or Giuse I think she would have turned out quite differently from the psychotic tomboy she is. Conversely, if Kara had been assigned an Elio or a Jean her tastes would be signifigantly less refined.

This is all open to debate of course...
The Nature vs Nurture arguement... I so love it, and see where it fails at times though it is rare when it does.
But you are right for the most part that the handler has a major influence on the cyborg's outlook even though her past persona will have something to say about it as well. If said cyborg, was a nasty snobby ass of a bitch before being cyborized, then she will be a nasty snobby ass bitch as a cyborg, only listening to her handler when she has too... Gee, that sounded so much like Rachel... Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 21 Jan 2010 - 18:18

I don't require pre-approval or "author review" rights because, in the end, if somebody does decide to write Kara and Michele well out of character or kill them off or whathaveyou, those stories are not part of my universe.

Kara and Michele have their own "canon" as defined by the stories I wrote them in. Outside of that, everything else is just "fan fiction" of my OCs and just as what I write about Triela or Claes has no bearing on Yu's body of work, so other people's stories with my OC's has no bearing on my body of work.

I really like what Professor Voodoo wrote and I wish Robert Frazer had written more than just that one scene (because I really like his work) and I look forward to seeing what Boomer has in store for Kara when he publishes his fic with her and Alpha and hope Alfisti might someday have Kara and Monty looking good on the French Riviera or the Top Gear test track.

But if somebody did something I didn't like, well, at best I'll quote Mister Horse - "No sir, I didn't like it." - and ignore it going forward. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Fri 22 Jan 2010 - 20:14

I really like what Professor Voodoo wrote and I wish Robert Frazer had written more than just that one scene (because I really like his work)

Thanks for the praise. I won't be referencing anyone else's characters in my next story - it goes back to before Agapita's creation and it's entirely a canon-girl affair - but I am hoping to make more of M&K in a future tale. One very rough formative idea that I've been batting around is Padania filling out its petty-cash tin with a string of good old-fashioned shotgun-over-the-counter bank robberies, assisted by some superb getaway drivers making off like the General Lee - M&K are sent undercover to powerslide their way up the streetracing circuit until they can find and kill Padania's talent scouts. So, that opening scene from Quantum of Solace, The Italian Job, The Fast and the Furious and the big chase for the case in Ronin all rolled into one. Although really, that might be a bit too high-action to really suit the calmer GSG...

I think that I've decided that Michele and Avise are going to have an antagonistic relationship, though - not meaning any criticism of your characters by that, of course, it's just that there's not much drama to mine if everyone is always perfectly amicable! Taking the lead from Professor Voodoo's latest story, I was going to make Avise a homophobe, until I had another read of Kiskaloo's stories and remembered that Michele wasn't actually gay, Elio was just needling him for his high living (which Avise doesn't have any problems with). It was additionally awkward because I'd already written a thousand words describing their fallout scene (twice, because it was accidentally deleted too)... back to the drawing board on that one. An idea for my (currently dormant) fic 183408

Michele won't be alone in having ructions, anyway; I've been contemplating another scene where Avise and Jose have a punch-up when conversation comes onto the war for whatever reason and Avise calls the Croces' Italian Resistance grandfather - a bit thoughtlessly, but Avise is riled by a few other cruel remarks sent at him at the time - "a murderer, a traitor and a terrorist". Cue fireworks, and several people running out of the room to make sure that Henrietta and Agapita aren't in the building. An idea for my (currently dormant) fic 61015
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 22 Jan 2010 - 21:46

Robert Frazer wrote:So, that opening scene from Quantum of Solace, The Italian Job, The Fast and the Furious and the big chase for the case in Ronin all rolled into one. Although really, that might be a bit too high-action to really suit the calmer GSG...

Make it So Make it So Make it So

Robert Frazer wrote:Taking the lead from Professor Voodoo's latest story, I was going to make Avise a homophobe, until I had another read of Kiskaloo's stories and remembered that Michele wasn't actually gay, Elio was just needling him for his high living (which Avise doesn't have any problems with).

Well I suppose Kara can buy Michele a chartreuse or mauve silk shirt for his birthday and he wears it once just for her sake and Avise sees him... gay

Seriously, I look forward to the whole story!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum