Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

5 posters

Go down

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together Empty I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 1:22

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together HannibalSmith

I'm working on Chapter 7 of Pactio, which will use as it's foundation the smuggling operation Michele and Alessandro set up in Fraternizing with the Enemy and the first chapter of Yoake and building on Alessandro and Petrushka's operations in Volume 8 of the manga.

I'm tweaking this to directly reference the Turkish emigration to Germany through Albania and Italy, and it's just so serendipitous how world events help make the narrative I am weaving believable and supportable which really helps the desire to write it.

Good

Have any of you used real-life events to help craft any of your works?
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together Empty Re: I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 2:20

Kinda sorta.

I've used the real-life uneasiness of Columbia and Venezuela to flesh out Alpha's past. Also the recent Chechen uprisings and South Ossetia War as well.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together Empty Re: I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 12:26

Sometimes. Its kind of hard to say since my OCs actions a couple of years ahead of everything else, but using historical references to aid in the story writing.

In SWA Beginnings (Francesca's 1/2 of the story), I recall several hotel attacks in Syria and Lebanon, similar to the attack in the India last year; though more than 10 years earlier. I used those events as a copy cat event to kill off Francesca's parents. It seems to fit nicely as far as the story was concerned.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 12:58

Dammit, Kisk. You had me all pumped thinking this was a thread pitching a GSG/A-Team crossover. I Love It When A Plan Comes Together 367
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 13:18

That would be pretty rich, I must admit, if someone were to run with it.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 14:17

In 2002, five girls were put in a Youth Institution for the indiscretions of young tearaways that they didn't commit. These girls promptly escaped from a high-security Reform School and escaped to the Rome underground. Today, still wanted by Social Services, they survive as mercenaries of opportunity. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help - and if you can find them - maybe you can hire... the Gunslinger Girls.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 15:43

The G-Team
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 15:56

Anyway, as to Kiskaloo's original question, PLH is set against the backdrop of the Turin Winter Olympics as you know; I've also tabled North African immigration and its attendant problems (for instance, a while back Italy threatened to start sinking refugee boats if Libya didn't make more of an effort to rein them in) for a future story, but that won't be happening for a long time yet, as I've got several other more developed ideas that I want to write about first.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum