Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Clips Needed!

4 posters

Go down

Voice Clips Needed! Empty Voice Clips Needed!

Post by Five_X Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 0:02

So, the next stage of my very popular GSG mod (found here: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9191, if ya don't know) is to add voices to the girls. As stated previously, I am going to be using the voices from the anime, both season one and two. The latter is where the problem comes in. I don't own the DVD of Il Teatrino, nor are there any acceptable (read: free) torrents of the english dub. I won't be getting Il Teatrino for quite some time, as well. So I need you, the intrepid people of Cyborg Central, to take voices from the second season and give them to me, so that I can use them. Alternately, you could find a good (again, free) torrent so that I can extract voice clips. I can cover the season one parts, mind you. I can also do all the necessary audio conversion, so that you just need to give me the files in mp3 format. You can email me at 5ivexxxxx@gmail.com. Your work will be recognized! All those who help out will have their names added to the list of credits. That's right, you too can have your name right up there with Yu Aida and FUNimation! Enlist today!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Voice Clips Needed! Empty Re: Voice Clips Needed!

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 11:32

Isn't Funimation streaming the dubs? Or perhaps Animenewsnetwork?

Using a program like Audacity will allow you to record the audio from the streams.

Also, evidently Funimation used the same English voice cast for both the first and second seasons, so you could just pull all your clips from the first season.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 12:15

Yeah, but using both seasons will give me a huge pool of clips to choose from. There just aren't enough in season one. I'll check out your suggestion, though. To Google!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 13:40

Guh. Didn't work. I pressed "Record", but the audio is silent. Whose eyes do I need to stab to get some english dubbed episodes, seriously? I hope I find some other method...
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 15:29

there'll probably be more than a few viruses and inactive torrents among these... but it's where I would start: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=gunslinger+girl+english+dub+torrent&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

...once you have the video files... hell, I haven't extracted audio from anything in awhile... I think the last program I used was CoolEdit sweat

though if anyone knows a good free program for ripping from DVDs, I could use my boxed sets and upload 'em somewhere for ya. I've never found one that actually works...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 16:04

I'll look for one. And don't worry, I found a cheap way to extract video files: Windows Movie Maker. I just take the clips I need, save them as WMVs, and use Switch Sound Audio converter to make them .wav files.

On a related note, can anyone clean the audio clips, or find a tutorial on how to do so? I've tried, and haven't been able to. Kinda sounds bad when the background noise is easily heard when the lines are being spoken. Plus, it messes up with the lip synching, so the lips won't move in good synchronization with the words.

EDIT: I found a DVD ripper that seems to work, and I've heard good things about it. http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/index.htm

Remember that I don't need season 1, I have all 13 episodes of that. I just need the dubbed Il Teatrino episodes.And, as said above, some way to clean the audio.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 20:06

How exactly does audio cleaning work? GSG really seems to like loud footsteps, and those get in the way of the voice clips. I have MAGIX audio cleaning lab, and I'll try to fix up the clips soon. An update will be posted once I make some headway. Or not.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 20:09

With Audacity, you have to make sure you select "Record what I'm listening to" (or something like that). By doing so you'll record whatever audio is currently going through your computer, be it youtube, CNN reports, imeem, etc.

As long as you don't have a microphone active (recording ambient noise), it should sound as clean as the source audio.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Tue 3 Nov 2009 - 21:17

Alrighty, then! To FUNimation!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum