Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Would Triela Say?

+3
Alfisti
Toma-kun
Five_X
7 posters

Go down

What Would Triela Say? Empty What Would Triela Say?

Post by Five_X Wed 14 Oct 2009 - 22:47

Alright, so I'm almost finished my Gunslinger Girl mod for Fallout 3, ( http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9191 ) but I'm currently stuck on what to have Triela say. I've done all the rest of the girls, and they were pretty easy to do, especially Rico. However, as soon as I sat down to write Triela's dialogue, I was stumped. So I'm asking you to help me figure out how she would respond to some things. A list of all the stuff I need her to say are as follows:

Buying her ammo (.308, .32, 5.56, .44, 10mm, Shotgun Shells, 5mm)

Having her repair stuff (at both low skill and high skill)

Goodbyes, and variations on "What do want to ask/talk to me about now?"

Giving her praise, as well as reprimanding her

Giving her gifts (teddy bears and other stuff)

Offering to train her (in unarmed combat, melee weapons, explosive based weapons, larger guns (miniguns, rocket launchers, etc.) and energy based weapons (lasers, plasma rifles))

Asking her what her main skills are (sneaking, conventional firearms, and lockpicking)

That's about it. I'd be really happy if anyone could make up some lines that would fit those topics. Thanks in advance!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

What Would Triela Say? Empty Re: What Would Triela Say?

Post by Toma-kun Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 0:14

While I'm a terrible writer and have little contribute to your actual needs, I just have to say what you've got there is pretty impressive! Almost makes me want to play the game again!
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 9:48

Ah, well. You really should play Fallout 3, it's awesome with mods, though a little unstable. And it's good that you like the look of my mod. Hopefully someone will be able to help with this predicament.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 10:47

Hmm, good question... couple of suggestions, some of them should already have audio for them as well.

For the training, particularly weapons "Just give me the gun and stand back, I'll figure it out." (in reference to Hillshire's tendency to let her do her own thing training wise).

Offering praise: "tell me you're joking." (restraunt conversation with Hillshire in Montachino)

Reprimand: "well why don't you just increase the level of my conditioning." ? (I don't know how much reference you were planning on making to the series itself).

Goodbyes: "Hey, next time could you at least bring some flowers or something" (Conversation with the section 1 bloke during the Elsa investigation)

... that's all I can think of for now. Sadly not original though.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 18:25

Actually, that's very, very good. Since I'm going to be adding in the voices from the anime, I'll need lines that match. So thanks!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 21:16

seeing this thread just prompted me to go on a mod downloading spree... though I personally consider Fallout 3 to be a horribly unstable game even without mods, this one seems worth the risk of frustration to me. Smile

unfortunately, I have no help to offer concerning Triela's dialogue... the only thing that came to mind has already been mentioned (using her conversation in Montacino as a response to being praised).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 1:26

That's alright. It's good to get people downloading and endorsing the mod, 'cause that means even more people download and endorse it, which equals modding fame for me! And, on the plus side for everyone, it may just get people interested in Gunslinger Girl, which was one of my goals from the beginning.

Also, I have a slightly related question. I think a great way to make my mod more popular would be to have a clickable banner thingy, like in Toma-kun's signature. It would link to the page with my mod on it, and since people would most likely be more impressed with a fancy logo in my signature, it would get more downloads. I'm pretty sure somebody here could do something like that. It'd just have to be a signature sized picture, with fancy effects and stuff added in Photoshop or something, that acts as a link. And text that says what the mod is, like "Gunslinger Girl Followers, A Companion Mod" or something along those lines.

Doing so would also help me to achive my ultimate goal: to have the most popular companion mod for Fallout 3. Also, I'll be adding a link to thses forums in the description of the mod, to get more traffic here.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 2:58

well, I'm not much good at making banners and such... but the coding for that signature would wind up lookin' kinda like this:
Code:
[url=http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9191][img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/loc978/GSG/children-signSWA.jpg[/img][/url]
(outside the code box):What Would Triela Say? Children-signSWA

you'd just have to replace the pic I inserted with whatever you want your banner to be.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 9:41

Alrighty, that sounds pretty easy. To photoshop!!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 19:22

What Would Triela Say? Gsgbannershopped

Does that work?
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 20:02

it's a little tall, but not bad. you can punch it into your signature block any ol' time. the code will look like this:
Code:
[url=http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9191][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7647/gsgbannershopped.jpg[/img][/url]

...though I just realized you may not know where to punch in said code.
click 'profile' at the top of the page, then 'signature' (which should be the third tab from the left on the subsequent page). That should bring you to a screen that looks like this (minus my signature, of course).

also, I'm getting the oddest mix of bugs from your mod... on my laptop (which can just barely run the game), it works okay, but I guess I don't have all the same hair mods as you (I just have this one), because the girls all have vanilla FO3 hairdos (which look really bad on Triela, Angelica and Claes).
...on my desktop (which runs the game easily with the graphics turned up to 11)... any time I enable your mod, the game simply won't start up. tried every combination of mods I have... and that's the only one that breaks it Sad
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 21:07

There's a reason for that. Do you have the mods my mod requires? If so, it may be a problem between hair mods. If you use the adult version of the hair mod used for my mod, there's a patch to make them compatible. There are none for the one you linked to, though. If you use it without the patch, the girls will have the vanilla hairs. I'm pretty sure any other mods that alter hair will cause this, or so I've found. So it's a choice between the girls, or a pretty Player Character. I quote:

First, I am only changeing the hair and eyes this time, since things like hairpacks, eyepacks, and eyelashes overide each other allowing you to only use one. So I just threw them all in together so they would work. Stuff like height and bodytype and outfits will be left to other mods.

From the Good Hair Day mod. The problem may also be with your load order. Do you have Fallout Mod Manager? If you don't, then the chances of the mod working are based on luck, since the regular Fallout 3 loader doesn't put mods in any particular load order. You should also get Fallout Script Extender, as it allows you to download more, better, mods. Plus, you can play the game without the disc! If you get FOMM, make sure my mod is the last one that loads, and you'll have to mess around with the required mods' load order as well. You also may have to check the troubleshooting for those mods, as I've heard there is a problem with Enhanced Children and the CUTE body replacer, regarding which one should be extracted first. I think EC should overwrite CUTE files. I hope that works, and thanks for making the picture work! It links now, I'll see if it works over at the Nexus forums.

Edit: Hellz yeah! It orwks on the Nexus! I'm sure the proles will coming racing to my party now! /obscure game reference
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 21:17

guess it is just working by luck on the laptop, then. never messed with the load order.
here's what my respective FOMM screens look like:
Spoiler:

oh, and it's not just FOMM that lets you play without the disk. even with vanilla, if you start the game without using the launcher (as in, run fallout3.exe directly), there's no disk check.

...which hair mod does your mod utilize?

**edit**
dragged the GSG followers mod to the bottom... still no dice Sad
...re-extracted EC over what was there (1.1, 1.2, then 1.5)... no change...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 21:27

Woah woah woah!! I'm pretty sure I found the source of your desktop problems: You're loading Fallout3.esm after a bunch of mods. That could easily cause the problem, especially since you're loading mod master files (.esm files) before Fallout 3 itself.

Also, I believe the Enhanced Children mod uses Yoshikinakota's hair mod. If you want to use hair mods, download that one, get the patch for it and EC, and then activate it, and deactivate Hairday.esm. Try to make your desktop's load order look as much like your laptop's as possible.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 16 Oct 2009 - 21:54

phew... okay. downloaded Yoshi's hairpack and the EC compatibility mod for it (thank you for that tidbit, works great on my laptop now).
restructured my desktop's mod load order, redownloaded and overwrote your GSG mod in the data directory just in case it was corrupted somehow...
and still I get the same result. I get the feeling my desktop (or maybe Windows XP SP3) just doesn't like your mod Puzzled

I mean... it won't load this:
Spoiler:

but it'll load this just fine:
Spoiler:

...guess I'm stuck using my laptop for this one >.<
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 14:33

It could be XP's Service Pack 3 that's causing the problems. I don't use 2 or 3, 'cause Fallout 1, 2 and several other old games don't work properly with them.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:12

Back one topic: I've done a ton of dialogue for Triela; I'm about halfway done now. I'm stuck again, however. I can't figure out how Triela would react to Hillshire (since in my mod, the player is essentially the handler) talking about more personal, less combat or job related things, like praising her, reprimanding her, and giving her gifts. But not any of those specifically, I just can't figure out an in character thing for her to say, when the player asks "I want to talk about more personal things", or something to that effect.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:14

If there were a Fallout 3 mod to change the hookers in Megaton into the GSG girls, it would never get nuked.

What Would Triela Say? 70464
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:25

Er... um... what does that have to do with anything? I'm not talking that kind of personal! Ar har har.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:50

well, the easy (if somewhat boring) answer for that one could be from the end of the 'guarding Mimi' arc:

"We don't need to talk about that stuff... we're fratello."

**edit**
also, @Boomer:
considering this mod, I sincerely hope your idea would get axed. Guh?

**edit2**
for some reason, I've never had trouble getting Fallout 1, 2, or Tactics to run on anything. got all three going under SP3. All I ever have trouble with anymore are DOS native games like Mechwarrior 2 (which is why having trouble with Fallout 3 is killin' me...especially since it works fine {if slow} under Vista)
Yuck!

Last edited by LoC978 on Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:59; edited 2 times in total
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sat 17 Oct 2009 - 16:52

That's not boring! It could work quite well. Of course, the actual effect of keeping to the anime's script will only be seen once I add the voices in, which should be around the appearance of the next blue moon.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 4:54

LoC978 wrote:
**edit**
also, @Boomer:
considering this mod, I sincerely hope your idea would get axed. What Would Triela Say? 249988

C'mon you have to admit it''ll be a container ship full of LOLZ. Especially with Claes as pimp.

A Pimp Named Claes: Triela!!!!
Triela: Yes, A Pimp named Claes?

-SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAPPPPP-

A Pimp Named Claes: Bitch, I heard you been talking your customers to sleep again. What the hell did I tell you 'bout that shit? Woman you better start doing your damn job good and fast so that you can back on the corner and make that paper. Woman, if I hear of this shit one more goddamn time, I'ma gonna grab you by your pigtails and take my commission out on your ass. Do you understand me?

Triela: -sniff- Y...yes, A Pimp Named Claes.

A Pimp Named Claes: That's better sweetness, now go and make some paper for momma and I'll see 'bout taking you to Rally's, all right? First, I gotta go and straighten out Rico. That crazy bitch done beat one of her customers to death again. I swear, if she wasn't the only specialty S&M hoe in town...

Okay, I am getting WAAAAAAAY too carried away with this. What Would Triela Say? 50022
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 11:02

A certain girl comes knocking on Hillshires door.

Hillshire: Who are you?

A Pimp Named Claes: My name is A Pimp Named Claes, and I believe I may have misplaced some merchandise at this residence. There she is. (to Triela) Bitch I hope you got the moneys to cover this little vacation you've been takin'.

Hillshire: Now hold up, Claes…

A Pimp Named Claes: No, that's A Pimp Named Claes.

Hillshire: That's what I said - Claes.

A Pimp Named Claes: No no! It's A Pimp Named Claes, like ‘A Tribe Called Quest‘, you say the whole thing: A Pimp Named Claes!

Hillshire: Can’t I call you Claes for short?

A Pimp Named Claes: No, asshole! I'm A Pimp Named Claes!

Hillshire: Triela, who is this person?

A Pimp Named Claes: ARE YOU DEAF?! I'm A Pimp Named Claes! Say it with me now!
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 12:39

Heh. That kinda reminds me of Nana's Everyday Life. The parts with GSG characters at least. But unfortunately, there actually was a child sex mod that somebody made for Fallout 3. Suffice to say, it wasn't well received and they were banned instantly.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 14:12

Heh. That kinda reminds me of Nana's Everyday Life.
OH! I completely forgot about that website, hah.
It's Triela who's the pimp haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 16:07

Nana’s Everyday Life - a true classic. What Would Triela Say? Icon_cheers
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 0:19

Woohoo! The mod is finished! Just an hour or so more of playtesting, and it should be done!!

Thanks, everybody. The off topicness of this thread was truly inspiring. What Would Triela Say? Icon_razz

I'll make a new thread dedicated to version 2 as soon as it's uploaded. Be sure to check it out!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 9:33

Danjo3 wrote:Nana’s Everyday Life - a true classic. What Would Triela Say? Icon_cheers
QFT
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum