Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun with Crossovers

+3
sasahara17
emperor
SPARTAN 119
7 posters

Go down

Fun with Crossovers Empty Fun with Crossovers

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 5 Oct 2009 - 23:17

Some random crossovers I've thought of:

Black Lagoon/Mercenaries series:
Mattias Nilsson of the Mercenaries series of games (a sort of "military GTA" if you don't know) ends up in Roanapur somehow, ends up inevitably fighting several major characters... and blowing up half the city. For those unfamiliar with games, Nilsson is the type of person that enjoys blowing shit up a little too much and might take a contract to protect someone like Hansel and Gretal or Greenback Jane just so he can blow the shit out of about 50 different assassins at once.... and with that RPO-A "Shmel" thermobaric rocket launcher you can get in the game, he could pull it off too!

BL/GsG: Hansel and Gretal turned into cyborgs, sent to Roanapur on a mission to eliminate arms dealers supplying the Padania. Utter devastation ensues.

So, tell me what you think
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Fun with Crossovers Empty Re: Fun with Crossovers

Post by emperor Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 9:52

That twin as cyborg? THat's interesting!
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 4:32

There needs to be more BL crossovers (just like there needs to be more GSG and GaRei Fanfics).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 12:26

Speaking as someone who is a big fan of the Ga-Rei Zero anime and has at least read a fair bit of the original manga (they are incredibly different -it's like Zero is a seinen series while the original is a shonen series, among other things) can you please tell me what those GSG/Ga-Rei crossover fanfics are about? Those two seem like an odd combination. Kind of bordering on Fanfic Chop Suey, actually....

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 7:20

Sorry, wasn't too clear. I meant that the world needs more Ga-Rei (less than 50) and GSG fanfics (just over 300), not that you should cross them over... although someone COULD try Smile.

Anyway back on topic, I propose a Batman / Black Lagoon crossover.

We already have a GSG/TDK crossover, so why not?

Considering what a stewing pot of corruption Roanapur is, some crime lord have his/her dirty fingers in Gotham in some way, getting Batman's attention. After Bats doe his thing for a while, the crime boss asks the Lagoon Company to hide him/her and... well...

Alternatively if Balalaika is his target (I can't see her being scared to the Batman, even if he IS the Batman), Bats might hire a someone (unlikely to be Lagoon Co since they are on good terms with the Russians, so maybe Shen-hua's posse?) to help in his getaway.

Opinions?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 14:53

Balalaika: And who the fuck are you to be crashing through my window. Those high rise panes don't come in bulk you know.

Batman: Who am I? I'm the god-damned Batman!!

Balalaika: And this is an RPG-7.

Batman: 0.o'''
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 15:05

*Bursts into laughter* That is BRILLIANT!

But anyways, The Lagoon Company works on money, so I'm sure if Ole Bruce put up enough money, they'd have no problems working as getaway. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Anyways, what about a Black Lagoon/FMP/Valkyria Chronicles crossover? Just throw in some Applied Phlebotinum and you've got a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why you have a walking human death machine (with a sweet blue glow and epic weaponry) rampaging around while both the Lagoon Company and Mithril get dragged in, creating MASS CHAOS!!!!
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 16:24

That might be going a little far on the fanfic chop suey scale, but I actually did consider the idea of a FMP/Black Lagoon fanfic. It'd be a bit of a stretch considering that the Soviet Union still exists in the FMP universe, but it apparently had some real rough time (including a civil war) in the 90s, so the idea of Balalaika and her group ending up in Roanapur somehow doesn't strike me as too big a stretch.

Plotwise, just borrow a page from Rasta Blasta. Lagoon company gets hired to deliver a seemingly innocuous human cargo that seems like more trouble then it's worth. And of course, they have no idea what the hell they're getting into. Smile

Of course, there's a bit of a balance issue involved. Arm Slaves and combat helicopters would screw things up a bit, yet there's the question of whether Mithril's foot troops could put up a good fight against some of the BL characters. Then again, Balalaika is one of the most feared people in Roanapur because of her troops, and the special forces soldiers in En Baile en Muerte (did I spell that wrong) put on a damn good show as well, so actually it wouldn't be that inconsistent with BL's style for Mithril's troops to be able to put on a good show with just small arms.

Anyhow, who do you guys think would get into more trouble in Roanapur? Sousuke or Kurz? Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 18 Oct 2009 - 19:45

Piero wrote:special forces soldiers in En Baile en Muerte (did I spell that wrong)
El Baile De La Muerte - "The Dance of Death" Fun with Crossovers Icon_wink

I guess years of Spanish does pay off. Fun with Crossovers Icon_razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 9:30

I want to see Revy's face when she comes up against Sousuke's human size powered armor. That one. Revy will never see Teddy Bears as sissy toys ever again.

Balancing issues wouldn't be too much of an issue Piero. We know Kurz can bulleye a Arm Slave heat sink, Mao can survive against Gauron's protégé (who we can assume is Shen-Hua lite), Grouseaux is one bad mother on his own, and Sousuke... is Sousuke. The SRTs should be okay in the Roanapur environment.

As for Arm Slaves, this is Roanapur we're talking about here. Balalaika probably has entire inventories of them she sells on the black market. If she has Amalgam as a business partner, then it would be all too easy for her to acquire a Venom or something for Revy to use against the Arbalest/Laevatein. Than things can get interesting.

Also I think Sousuke would fit right into Roanapur. His military and duty oriented attitude won't clash too much with the locals. He may come off as a bit weird, but I'm guessing there will me a few people who can relate to his experiences there. In fact, it might be a good time to invert his and Kaname's usual roles; Sousuke fits right into the city of scum, Kaname keeps freaking out at the lows humanity can fall to.

Conversely, I put ten imaginary dollars on Kurz making a pass at Shen-Hua and causing all hell to break loose before the first chapter is out.

(as a side note, in a FMP/BL crossover, I might be able to have Rebecca and Megumi meet. Didn't occur to me until you guys brought it up.)
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 17:01

I assume by Rebecca you mean Revy, but who's Megumi?

You're right, Kurz is probably the one who is most likely to get into trouble in Roanapur. He's not so good at close range combat and he's likely to provoke someone. Not sure if I'd go with Shen-Hua though. Actually thinking of Revy, though I'm not sure what he'd say to her exactly. I can see it resulting in a Mexican Standoff between Mao and Revy though. Probably ending with Mao physically abusing Kurz in order to 'set things right.' I can just imagine the follow up conversation between Mao and Kurz. "You should thank me for that." "I'm not a masochist."

I still think Sousuke might have some issues fitting in though. Can you imagine him at the Yellow Flag? Fun with Crossovers 684325

The point on Kaname is actually kind of a good one. Roanapur is not the kind of city she knows. I wouldn't underestimate her though, she proved in TSR that she can be tough when she has to be. I actually think it might be a good idea for her to escape before someone comes to help her. I think it might be interesting for her to end up meeting up with one of the locals. Though I'd also sort of like to have her make the mistake of going to the Police for help after getting away. Fun with Crossovers 684325

BTW, in case oyu hadn't figured it out, I'd intended for Kaname to be the major reason Mithril came to Roanapur. Maybe someone grabbed her while Sousuke was off doing some Mithril business and they're there to get her back. Figuring out how to have her act initially could be an interesting issue. She's tough and smart, so I'd think maybe she'd try to wait for an opportunity or something and not give to much away. But then again, she does have a temper, so one wonders if she'd end up with Revy trying to plaster her brains all over a bulkhead. Also, that might be a good opportunity for Rock to confirm his suspicions that something about their cargo isn't quite right.

"Sorry about that."
"Don't worry. I've kind of gotten used to being shot at over the last year."
"..."
*Later*
"Dutch, I have a really bad feeling about our cargo now."

Also, might be interesting if Kalinin and Balalaika recognised who they were fighting against. Two old comrades in arms doing their best to outmaneuver one another. Fun with Crossovers Icon_smile

Damn, if only I actually had time to write stuff these days...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 10:20

Piero wrote:I assume by Rebecca you mean Revy, but who's Megumi?
Personal joke, sorry. Rebecca is my GSG OC attached to Eda, and Megumi Sagara is my GSG OC assigned to Sousuke. Rebecca is something of a tigger-happy ditz, and Megumi... is her fratello's sister.

Piero wrote:You're right, Kurz is probably the one who is most likely to get into trouble in Roanapur. He's not so good at close range combat and he's likely to provoke someone.
If Revy is bad, what happens is he makes a pass at Balalaika when she's on her way to meet Kalinin?

Piero wrote:I still think Sousuke might have some issues fitting in though. Can you imagine him at the Yellow Flag?
Well I'll admit, he'd come off as a bit strage, but Sousuke would know what the hell most of the locals are babbling about.

Piero wrote:The point on Kaname is actually kind of a good one. Roanapur is not the kind of city she knows.
Yes indeedy! Give her a taste of a world closer to what Sousuke and her military buddies are used to. Let her be the fish out of water for once!

You make a point in Kaname being a plucky girl (she wouldn't have survived half the things she had if she weren't). In fact, it's that never say die attitude that would allow her to survive when owhen any ordinary school girl would just die. Can't have much of a story is she's swallowed up by the story after escaping from whoever captured her (probably Lagoon Co.). As as for running to the cops, how about taking a page out of Greenback Jane and have her run to the you-know-where?

Piero wrote:"Sorry about that."
"Don't worry. I've kind of gotten used to being shot at over the last year."
"..."
*Later*
"Dutch, I have a really bad feeling about our cargo now."
LOL!

Rock and Kaname should have 'Ordinary-Japanse-People-Familiar-With-The-Term-Constant-Mortal-Peril' heart to heart talk. It will be enlightening.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 2:02

Personal joke, sorry. Rebecca is my GSG OC attached to Eda, and Megumi Sagara is my GSG OC assigned to Sousuke. Rebecca is something of a tigger-happy ditz, and Megumi... is her fratello's sister.

Fun with Crossovers 684325 Although it doesn't really fit well with canon, I'd actually joked about the idea of Sousuke having a little sister in the past. I'd kind of imagined her as seemingly like a cute little girl but secretly carrying a knife and possibly various firearms on her person. That, and I'd imagined her as having a bit of a protective complex towards her big brother. I'm a bit fan of Kaname, but in spite of that I also find the idea of her getting threatened by Sousuke's little sister whenever she does anything to him hilarious. (I also kind of imagine this girl acting all sweet when Sousuke's paying attention to her, then threatening to do horrible things to Kaname if she ever hurts her oni-chan hilarious.

You make a point in Kaname being a plucky girl (she wouldn't have survived half the things she had if she weren't). In fact, it's that never say die attitude that would allow her to survive when owhen any ordinary school girl would just die. Can't have much of a story is she's swallowed up by the story after escaping from whoever captured her (probably Lagoon Co.). As as for running to the cops, how about taking a page out of Greenback Jane and have her run to the you-know-where?

I was actually thinking of having the Lagoon company acting in their 'delivery company' capacity rather then actually having them be the ones who originally caught Kaname. As I was saying, I kind of took a page from 'Rasta Blasta.'

I'm seriously trying to imagine what the hell would happen if Kaname ended up at the Church of Violence. It could be hilarious, but I've actually got something a bit different in mind for her. Been thinking that she might make a narrow escape from the Police (or I suppose the Church of Violence might work okay there too) and meet up with a girl about her own age in the local population who is nice enough to give her a bit of help when she finds out she's in trouble. Turns out however that this girl is actually one of Roanapur's gunslingers. I figured a friend in a violent world like Roanapur might help Kaname understand where Sousuke comes from a little better. Only problem is that the character I have in mind for that role (an adaptation of a RPG character of mine who so far hasn't gone anywhere) is somewhat mercenary (she's an orphan trying to look out for a younger sibling(s), but that doesn't change the fact that she isn't exactly picky about the jobs she takes) and would probably be keen on turning Kaname in for a reward if she found out who exactly was after the other girl.

Rock and Kaname should have 'Ordinary-Japanse-People-Familiar-With-The-Term-Constant-Mortal-Peril' heart to heart talk. It will be enlightening.

They need to have some kind of conversation at any rate. Possibly they could have a chat after Revy get pissed and tries to riddle Kaname with bullets, which would give them another thing in common. Fun with Crossovers 684325 Although I'm not sure whether Kaname would actually be dumb enough to tick off Revy... she's short tempered but she's not stupid, and I think to her Revy would look dangerous. Actually, I'm trying to think how Kaname would likely act initially. I think she'd be cooperative, but only because she's waiting for an opportunity. And probably pretty guarded as well. I doubt she'd be very chatty. Rock would probably have to initiate any conversation.

It would be interesting if he could at least get a name out of her though. If he did that, he might have a basis for voicing concerns to Dutch. Rock seems to have a good memory for things he picks up, and he might remember her from the papers... as the "last girl out" during an incident where a JAL airliner was hijacked and flown to North Korea. An incident in which the hostages aboard the airliner in question were rescued by an unidentified special forces unit. Course, he might also know that she's the daughter of a ranking UN official, which might get him to suspect that what they're doing is just part of a simple ransom attempt...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 15:45

It's official, I NEED to see this. I don't care who does it, but it needs to be done.

I think if Rock could remember the Lovelace family, remembering that Chidori is a UN official, and has a daughter Kaname wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And a misunderstanding as to the actual reason they're delivering her could be a real kick off, since I highly doubt they'd know she's a whispered.

And as a suggestion, Lotton should show up and pull a Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass. He always struck me as the type to have some sort of hidden talent.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 22:27

Good porints raised;

I've always thought Rock is someone who makes it a point to watch the news. He'd know for sure exactly who Kaname is and likely jump to a resonable albeit wrong conclusion.

Speaking of Kaname's dad, someone should have him get involvedinstead oif being an offscreen character (his daughter WAS just captured by pirates). Perhaps he'd hire someone really dangerous to try and find her?

Lotton always did strike me as someone who could hold his own... if he JUST could get through the opening speech (which he never does).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 22:47

Just wanted to let people know I've actually started writing this. Don't know if I'll ever get it finished, considering how busy things are getting school wise, but I've at least decided to take a shot at it.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 4:23

Probit Return wrote:
And as a suggestion, Lotton should show up and pull a Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass. He always struck me as the type to have some sort of hidden talent.

With Sawyer the Cleaner in tow no less. Fun with Crossovers 65220
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 10:45

Piero wrote:Just wanted to let people know I've actually started writing this. Don't know if I'll ever get it finished, considering how busy things are getting school wise, but I've at least decided to take a shot at it.
Oh YES PLEASE!

Any chanse you'll put a plot summary up for us as a preview?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 19:16

Excellent. I'm looking forward to whatever you manage to put out Piero. Don't worry if you don't finish. School comes first.

And yes Boomer, Sawyer needs to be involved as well.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 May 2015 - 1:54

Wasn't sure where to put this so here it goes.  I've been a bit of a DC animated universe kick recently.  Mainly Superman, Batman, and the Justice league.  My idea mainly revolve around the idea that Darksied in a constant in the multiverse and all the different ways that his invasion could have failed.

A certain magical index/ scientific railgun
Darkseid- die (fires omega beams)
Touma- hey keep your hands off my girlfriend
All the girls- squee because the each think he means her
Darkseid- impossible no one has ever blocked by beams before
Touma- yeah yeah, their supernatural so my imagine breaker stops them all rock face
Darkseid- then who is going to save you
Touma- them (the level sevens) you kinda pissed them off and I'm a little to short to punch you in the face

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Chrono- crap its Darkseid
Nanoha- ???? darkseid
Lindy- are you sure he has stayed in his corner of the universe ever since
Fate- I guess he thinks a third time is the charm
Nanoha- who is Darkseid
Chrono- a conqueror with delusions of grandeur, but he leaves us alone because he is afraid of the original book of darkness, and the saint king
Hayate- well the third time is not the dam charm, rein, my knights we're leaving.  It's time I give this jackass the spanking he deserves
Vivio- me to, he looks like someone I won't have to hold back on
Einhart- I owe him for messing things up back then

Darkseid- bow before me mortals
Hayate in unison- Leave now and you won't get hurt
Granny- impudent wench
Vita- you want another scar you old hag
Vivio- man he is ugly
Einhart- I did warn you
Vivo- but you didn't tell me he had rocks for a face
Darkseid- attack.....
Signum- this new group was lacking
Shamal- agreed
Zafira- so much for the furies
Vivio- are you sure your right about the omega beams, moms starlight breaker hits harder than this
Einhart- ........ (vivio is weird) what about him
Vivio- you know the rule, never interupt hayate when she is having fun, I mean she finally got someone she didn't have to hold back on
Darkseid- mommy

Oh My goddess
Darkseid- I am a god
Belldandy- no you are not a god you are a near immortal being with more power than sense.  Now are you going to be nice or do I need to give you a time out.  (destroyed home/ shrine in the background)
Skuld- wow belldandy is pissed
Urd- well he did destroy Kenichi's bike
Skuld- nice knowing you

More ideas
Darkseid vs pretty cure (all of them)
Darkseid vs lina inverse
Darkseid vs Goku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down