Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfisti's Outfitters

+18
Triela Hilshire
SentientObject
Odon
Officer_Charon
ChaosKin640
Danjo3
tremec6speed
MP5
ebitempura966
Awinnell
boomer_gonz
Tommygunner70
emperor
ElfenMagix
Professor Voodoo
Kiskaloo
Robert Frazer
Alfisti
22 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Alfisti's Outfitters Empty Alfisti's Outfitters

Post by Alfisti Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 9:02

I really need to start my drawings further up the page...

Anyway, I wasn't really happy with Monty's original look. It didn't quite fit together right, plus it was just a little too close to another of my OC's old looks for comfort. So started on re-working her design today at uni:

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits02_by_wraith11

So ditched the hoodie from her day-to day wear. Still mulling over whether to make that top grey or navy blue. Also ramped up the outlandish for her tracuse look. With some luck people will just see some kid in sunnies, a too bright beanie and space invaders hoodie... then proceed to miss anything actually important.

THE OTHER BIT
Umm, I guess the other reason for chucking this thread up, apart from giving me somewhere to develop looks, is to see if anyone would be interested in sketches like this for their own characters (sketch wise). I mean, this stuff is pretty rough and basic but it only takes about 10 minutes a drawing and well... I can't understand Japanese, don't know a lot about guns or medical stuffs and can't write fan-fiction. In other words probs should find another way to contribute and justify wasting everyones' time here (and to be honest it's good practise for me) sweat It'd just be really basic, bodyframe enough to hang clothes off etc...

So yeah, if anyone's interested, drop us a line here with like, a resonably detailed character (especially personality) description or tastes in clothes and stuff, possibly and existing pic and I'll try throwing an outfit together.

NOTE: Full outfits only, doesn't do naked or underwear, togs probs not either. Response times may vary as this would be happening in my free moments... which are limited.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Alfisti's Outfitters Empty Re: Alfisti's Outfitters

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 16:45

Hullo Alfisti - I know I shouldn't be taking advantage of your generous offer of your time, and I'm very sorry for asking; but could you take the measurements of one of my characters?

I've only written one story for Agapita, but I've about half a dozen planned out - the trouble is finding the time to write them. Before I finish anything else, though, I'd like some help sorting out her visual design, as she'll also be making a short cameo in Passion Lives Here once that starts up.

Agapita is a cyberised Mimi Machiavelli (Mario Bossi's daughter) so physically she's a fairly athletic 16-17 year old. To date I've depicted her wearing a fairly simple outfit, like you can see in posts 18 and 22 of the reference page - white blouse, a short black skirt, bare legs and pumps. The trouble is, though, is that it's bloody boring, practically a school uniform... but I don't really have any sartorial sense and so I can't think about how I'd enliven her wardrobe. I'd appreciate some suggestions!

Avise, Agapita's handler, tends to micromanage his cyborg. He is very keen on her wearing clearly female and feminine dress - he sees her as a second daughter, an opportunity to put right mistakes he made earlier in life*, and in line with that he wants her to enjoy a visible girlhood (or he likes the idea of approximating a girlhood that he missed). Agapita herself is a practising Catholic; that won't affect her clothing in any real way - she's not a nun! - but depending on the situation she might have a small and inconspicuous (i.e. not showy - she's not wearing it for fashion) crucifix or a set of rosary beads on her person. Is that enough to work with?

Thanks again, Alfisti, and again I'm sorry for intruding on you like this.

* - it's not really relevant to the issue of clothing, but for the sake of context: before joining the Agency, Avise was an Italian Army officer in the Bersaglieri. Over a decade ago, his wife Calandra committed suicide due to severe post-natal depression; Avise saw that "this mewling bundle, this swollen worm, this sack of stodge, this bloated tumour hacked from Calandra's bowels, this shifting carbuncle whose punctures oozed pus and vomit, this huddle that was warm like putrescence, this creature, this thing - had killed his wife" and gave up his infant daughter for adoption. As time went on, he came to be wracked by guilt over this insenitive decision (as well as the creeping knowledge that being almost an absentee father, always away on army tasks, didn't help his wife cope), which is why the talent scouts in Section One flagged him as a potential handler. Not long after he came back from a tour in Iraq he was whisked off to the Agency and handed Agapita - confirming his loyalty with the wondrous, impossible gift of a new daughter, and a second chance.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 10:12

Yeah, I can work with that Very Happy As a matter of interest, what's Agapita's view on the whole clothes issue? Does she have one or is she happy to go along with what Avise gives her?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 11:17

Thanks Alfisti.

I haven't really pinned down everything about Agapita's personality yet (threads like this are actually handy for forcing me to think about it properly Smile ), but for the time being at least, I'd say that Agapita would happily follow Avise's lead.

While Mimi was soccer-mad, after the pre-conversion mindwipe the opposite became the case: Agapita turned out to not be very sporty at all, and while she'll go through the routines required of her she privately thinks that fitness training itself is a little pointless seeing as much of her body is artificial now. Given that, there's convergence between Avise wanting his cyborg to wear feminine clothes, and Agapita herself not being so physically active.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 11:35

Robert Frazer wrote:

While Mimi was soccer-mad, after the pre-conversion mindwipe the opposite became the case: Agapita turned out to not be very sporty at all, and while she'll go through the routines required of her she privately thinks that fitness training itself is a little pointless seeing as much of her body is artificial now. Given that, there's convergence between Avise wanting his cyborg to wear feminine clothes, and Agapita herself not being so physically active.

Sweet, this changes the track I was thinking down significantly, and means I can afford to get a little more creative with layering and stuff if need be.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 8:20

@RF:

Alright, here's where I'm at so far:

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits03_by_wraith11

Larger version here: http://wraith11.deviantart.com/art/Outfits03-133944361

Anyway, the first outfit is fairly standard street fare.

The second I'm really not sure about. I really wanted to do something with YSL's Mondrian day dress, but... eh, I don't know how well the look'd fit your character, so it didn't really make it past the initial stage.

The last initial sketch (ignore the hideous face, unfortunately you can't rub out with pen), the top is actually an extension of a concept I used earlier this year as part of a picture background. Unfortunately the whole outfit didn't quite gel so...

...mixed the dress and boots from the first concept and top from the last. With some luck the look seems nicely feminine/casual, but still leaves her plenty of room to move. Arms are free, dress is loose and the boots should be easy to run in if need be. Gave her the large shoulder bag as a way to carry her smaller fireams or any equipment she needs.

Anyway: thoughts, things you'd like improved?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 9:21

Just general comments - I like your work. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 20:49

Thanks a million, Alfisti - she already looks a hundred times more distinctive. Thanks for the annotations as well - as I said earlier I don't have much of an eye for clothes beyond a vague "this looks nice" so a little development of the qualities of each garment is very useful!

The final sketch has turned out well - I agree that the simple dress on the first sketch would have looked rather plain (and the second is too strutty and sassy for her), so the shawl and undershirt add some more definition. I like the high ankles on the boots, and the beret adds a little light chic too - girliness growing up, perhaps Wink .

Anyway, it all looks great and following the character themes that I'd set out, Alfisti - I'm exceedingly grateful to you again for taking the time to work on her. Nothing particular comes to mind for adapting her design further, and I wouldn't really want to impose on you more than I have done. Thanks again, I'll try and make it up to you somewhere down the line.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 20 Aug 2009 - 4:11

No worries mate, it's good for me to work on someone different from my own characters. Unfortunately I tend to have my own set tastes in clothing styles and it's difficult to break out of that at times sweat

If it's cool with you, I might nick that second outfit (the Mondrian one). I've been thinking of giving some of Monty's outfits a bit of a retro 60's slant, and with a few tweaks it might fit into that.

Anyway, glad to hear you like the outcome. If you do wind up thinking of anything that could be changed, or want another set just let us know.

@Kisk - Cheers mate. Took a browse through your OC outfits thread as well, seems you've got a fashion eye too.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 7:50

20090824 - BOND THEME

Seems monday's my "being bored at uni" day.

Kinda liked the slightly retro look from the first outfit design, and the Mondrian look... and since Jethro's ex-MI6 anyway.

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits04___Bond_Theme_by_wraith11

Big version It's been warm recently, so looking at warmer weather gear....

...and, well... I miss the days of PROPER villans, with giant superweapons, multiple goons and silent, deadly and skilled-in-a-really-odd-way henchmen.

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits05___Bond_Theme_by_wraith11

First outfit's adapted slightly from one done for Robert Frazer/
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 9:19

I miss the days of PROPER villans, with giant superweapons, multiple goons and silent, deadly and skilled-in-a-really-odd-way henchmen.

Somewhere in a disused oil field in Libya, Giacomo Dante has hollowed out a depleted oil reservoir into an underground command centre, complete with minions wearing colour-coded boilersuits and a monorail to play around with during the lunch break.

As for your new set of clothing - instead of a fedora (Indiana Jones is an intrepid adventurer, certainly, but he's not really the sort of character to allude to in a spy thriller) how about Jethro wears a topee? Seeing as he's British, it could even be an old sentimental heirloom that his grandfather wore when in the Indian Civil Service, or something like that - it'd be a nod to the character coming from a foreign background which would suit his globe-trotting adventures with Monty.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 28 Aug 2009 - 11:30

Robert Frazer wrote: Somewhere in a disused oil field in Libya, Giacomo Dante has hollowed out a depleted oil reservoir into an underground command centre, complete with minions wearing colour-coded boilersuits and a monorail to play around with during the lunch break.

As for your new set of clothing - instead of a fedora (Indiana Jones is an intrepid adventurer, certainly, but he's not really the sort of character to allude to in a spy thriller) how about Jethro wears a topee? Seeing as he's British, it could even be an old sentimental heirloom that his grandfather wore when in the Indian Civil Service, or something like that - it'd be a nod to the character coming from a foreign background which would suit his globe-trotting adventures with Monty.

Got it in one Razz Comes standard with retracting blast doors and crawl-worthy ventillation ducting.

Hmm, I like this pith-helmet idea... though it would require an elephant gun appearing at some point. But seriously, I might actually have a play around with that Very Happy
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 10:59

Sorta Beatles inspired outfit...

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits06___Life_ish_by_wraith11

Put it in here 'cause the other bit is a tad OoC for the two... oh the work's real enough, but the back and forth... not so much. Thing is a friend had a somewhat Zen approach to his concept presentation today, which got me thinking about "Life"... hence the back and forth.

Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 7:10

Groovy, baby! The swirly bubble-logo in the background is what completes it, it really takes you back to the Sixties.

I see a question about the jacket colour in one of the annotations - seeing as the slacks and jumper are black, and Sixties psychedelica is all about being vivid and striking, maybe make the jacket cream or pure white to have a strong, immediate contrast. Seeing as the design on the wrists also look a little like Navy rank embroidery, having a white jacket could also allude to dress uniforms, making Monty a cooly-poised, confident and self-assertive officerette. It has a hint of 'girl power' but the injection of a bit of style means that, unlike say the Spice Girls, she doesn't come across as slurry.

Also, it's interesting to see a scene depicting the less glamorous side of international espionage. You really start to feel for the poor fellows in Section One - shackled to their desks all day collating reports for the umpteenth time to extricate some unforseen interpretation in the misspellings, and the only time they get to go outside is to watch a mafia goon's wife's brother's cousin's accountant eat breakfast... while in the meantime, Section Two get to zip around in sports cars and with fancy-dan cyborgs, shoot the place up and generally get all the fun! On a practical note, I do like Monty's look of exasperation.

Also, I see a pith helmet hung off a monitor - I'm glad that I was able to suggest something useful for you!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 10:52

Alfisti's Outfitters SealofApproval
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 4 Sep 2009 - 9:07

Yeah, those are naval rank insignia on her cuffs. The original "Shea" jacket (that I got the inspiration off) was actually tan I belive... but you're right, white would probably suit better.

Haha, you can sort of see where the inter-departmental clashes come from =P
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 21 Sep 2009 - 8:31

Had a spare hour or so to kill between uni and work... in the sketchy meanderings that insued did a few more outfit designs with Robert Frazer's Agapita in mind. Been hot here recently as we move into summer so they're a bit lighter than the last outfit.

If you read this, lemme know if they're useful or not to you.

Alfisti's Outfitters Outfits08_by_wraith11

Larger version here
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 9:10

Monaco Arc Outfit Concepts:

Alfisti's Outfitters Monty_Outfiits__Monaco_Arc_by_wraith11

dA version is HERE

So, after some discussion: Monty and Jethro are going to Monaco for their first proper story arc (ie. after the prologue's done... about 20% complete right now). That however means dropping Monty in a dress, so kicked out a few concepts for different parts of the heist. Left to Right:

- 60's style day dress... pretty self explanitory I guess. Still not
completely satisfied with how it looks though. Notably Monty's watch
has changed to a vintage Heuer Camaro Chronograph... which is more in
fitting with her character than the previous Brietling.

-
"Breakfast at Monty's". Originally I was going to do a variation of
Audry Hepburn's dress from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"... then I realised
that I shouldn't fuck with perfection. Besides, Monty doesn't have the
hips for that dress. Actually really happy with the final result
though. Dress design isn't my strongpoint so...

- Of course there's a suit, 'nuff said.

- Of course bright orange is stealthy Alfisti's Outfitters Animesweat
Well it was in the 60s. "Infared" glasses are of-course just fakes... however
Jethro needs to explain how Monty's able to see slightly into the
infrared range without letting on her cyborg origins.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 11:16

Honestly, that first one would not look out of place at all in the lobby of the Hotel de Paris. And the second one would be perfect for both strolling across Casino Square and inside the structure itself. And if it's F1 weekend, the fourth would blend right in to the paddock and grid.

A girl in a suit in Monaco... Doesn't work for me, but hey, she still looks good in it. Maybe for transit / first day in town? Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 11:35

Kiskaloo wrote:Honestly, that first one would not look out of place at all in the lobby of the Hotel de Paris. And the second one would be perfect for both strolling across Casino Square and inside the structure itself. And if it's F1 weekend, the fourth would blend right in to the paddock and grid.

A girl in a suit in Monaco... Doesn't work for me, but hey, she still looks good in it. Maybe for transit / first day in town? Good

Haha, cheers man... glad the looks meet your approval. I was sort of guessing at what would be appropriate, so getting confirmation is always good.

As for the suit, yeah, it probably won't see much action in Monaco proper. However Jethro and Monty are going to have to spend at least a chapter bouncing across Europe to round up a heist "crew". There's nine so far, not including J and M, all male and so from time to time Monty's going to have to dress as "one of the boys" to get herself taken seriously...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 18:56

Alfisti wrote:Monaco Arc Outfit Concepts:
Very sharp as always. I think my favorite has to be the suit...it's a great combination of masculine & feminine elements. There has to be a story behind the tie bar; maybe it belongs to Jethro but he's never gonna get it back. The dress is very exotic...and the other two outfits are pure over-the-top Monty.

That however means dropping Monty in a dress,

Actually really happy with the final result
though. Dress design isn't my strongpoint so...
Is dropping her in a dress difficult because it's a Monty hang-up, or because it's an artistic challenge? As I said I think you did a good job with this one.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 7 Jan 2010 - 22:02

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Very sharp as always. I think my favorite has to be the suit...it's a great combination of masculine & feminine elements. There has to be a story behind the tie bar; maybe it belongs to Jethro but he's never gonna get it back. The dress is very exotic...and the other two outfits are pure over-the-top Monty.

Jethro: Mon, we've got to go see the chief... have you seen my tie-clip anywhere?

Monty *holding files over her chest*: err... no?

I gotta admit I'm a bit of a fan of the suit as well. Just in general I tend to lean towards more masculine styles on girls, though I think Kisk's right: it's not really suitable for use in and around the Principality itself.

That does however go some way toward answering the next question...

Professor Voodoo wrote:Is dropping her in a dress difficult because it's a Monty hang-up, or because it's an artistic challenge? As I said I think you did a good job with this one.

Honestly it's a little bit of both. I don't really have any characters who'd wear a dress on a regular basis, in fact Monty's one of the few who doesn't have some form of hangup about it. However I think she tends to view one-pieces as something of an impracticality. That said, since her inception, Monty's probably been shown in more dresses and skirts than all my other girls combined Alfisti's Outfitters 61015

Problem there though is that I don't get a lot of dress-drawing practice (which is one of the reasons I offered to do designs for other peoples' characters... broaden my horizons so to speak), so when it comes time to create one it's a bit more of a challenge. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it takes a bit longer. The two biggest problems I tend to run into are the lack of a really defined waist and the urge to over-design. Because I don't do dresses often there's an urge to make it really "special", which leads to adding crap for the sake of adding crap... which turns into a jumbled mess with no cohesive style. Hence I spend a lot of time stepping on myself design wise Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 0:03

Alfisti wrote:
Jethro: Mon, we've got to go see the chief... have you seen my tie-clip anywhere?

Perhaps I'm overthinking this...dreaming up personality traits for characters I didn't even write, but Monty seems like the kind of girl who is aloof & professional around "The Guv'nor," but at night, when nobody is looking, she holds onto something of his (like the tie bar) for hours, and goes to bed with it like Triela with a teddy bear.

(The above is my entry into this year's "Longest Run-On Sentence" contest.)
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 8 Jan 2010 - 0:45

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

Perhaps I'm overthinking this...dreaming up personality traits for characters I didn't even write, but Monty seems like the kind of girl who is aloof & professional around "The Guv'nor," but at night, when nobody is looking, she holds onto something of his (like the tie bar) for hours, and goes to bed with it like Triela with a teddy bear.

Umm, yes and no I guess... Monty's professionally relaxed around her boss (and to a lesser extent, some of the SWA adults... the ones she has most contact with. Not so much handlers but support staff like Ferro etc). It's hard to explain. They're joking, jovial, there's quite a lot of banter goes back and forward... remember, Monty can be a sly little thing at times. They can and will discuss everything from world politics to the advantages of different coffee blends. However, Monty's never going to tell her Boss about her inner-most fears or let on personal issues etc. At the end of the day Jethro still wears the pants and Monty's his subordinate.

"Aloof" and professional, Monty tends to save for other Cyborgs (and their handlers), people she doesn't know or doesn't work with. To be honest Monty's a bit shy so takes refuge in her cold professionalism a lot of the time. That's not helped by the fact that she's got a mild superiority complex and does honestly believe that she's a better operative than most of the other girls (exhibit a would be the contrast in Monty's interactions with Henrietta vs. Monty's interaction with Triela).

As for going to sleep clutching something of Jethro's, she probably would excpet for two things: first is that by the nature of her deployments she's often sharing a room (or even the back of the Audi) with Jethro: "This is my side of the bed, that's your's and never the twain shall meet". Heh, "twain" that's a fun word to say. The second would be that, for the short periods their back at the SWA she'd be too worried of someone walking into her room whilst she was asleep and catching her. Monty's VERY concious of the image she displays to those around her (particularly to the other Cyborgs) and is careful to maintain it.

Argh, I hate trying to explain my own characters' personalities. It all works so well in my head but falls to garbage when I write it out.

Think of it like this: Monty's shy, so she's created this aloof, superior, cold and professional persona that allows her to interact with those around her, particularly other Cyborgs. The fact that she interacts more freely around the Agency adults and "better" cyborgs probably helps to re-inforce that. Quietly, in that little part of her that's still a 16 year-old girl, that little part that Monty steps on redially, she does wish she could just be "one of the girls". However, that would require a level of familiarity she isn't capable of... and so Monty works hard and stays an outsider. Add to that that she genuinely is constantly busy and does find the younger girl's shinannigans somewhat irritating (though again that could be a quiet jelously at them having that freedom)...

That's not to say Monty's unhappy with her lot in life, but it does help explain why she dislikes her returns to the Agency HQ.

I really hope some of that made sense.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 8:39

Professor Voodoo wrote:

I've been thinking more about this a bit more... and you know: Monty probably would clutch onto something of Jethro's in private. However a) it would be pretty irregularly and wouldn't last long as she'd be terrified of being caught (Monty's image is very important to her) and b) it would have to be something small, like a tie clip, that she could then blatantly incorperate into her own outfit the next day, just to let Jethro know that she got one up on him by knicking it in the first place (which, in turn, is a good excuse for having done so).

As a side note: Jethro would probably put up some sort of token resistance but let her keep it.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 5:20

I have 2 reasons for suggesting that...

First; Monty has a very cool, confident vibe. Trouble is, 14-16 year old kids are not always cool & confident, in fact they are rarely so. It seems (to me at least) that Monty needs a chink or two in her armor of cockiness to flesh her out.

Second; one of the cornerstones of GsG canon is the question "How much of the girl's devotion to their handler is due to conditioning, and how much is genuine love & need for the stability of an adult figure?" Since Monty's conditioning is minimal I suspect she leans toward the latter, but feels awkward about showing her feelings.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 5:59

...which is pretty much where I started to head once I thought about it harder.

That's one of the reasons she reacts to badly (to the point of being purposefully obstructive) to her shrink sessions with Bianchi. Not only does she project that cool, confident vibe to everyone else... but she's pretty much managed to convince herself that it's true as well. Hence Bianchi bugs her twofold: one, she belives she can deal with her own emotional issues (which she can't) and that therefore the sessions are a waste of time and two, they can make her have to think about things she would rather not. Note her answers in the "Pop-culture quiz", she says a lot but doesn't really give anything that he could work with. She barely even mentions her Parkour which is close to her heart but says a lot about music which, though she likes it, she considers disposeable entertainment.

As for the second point... yes Monty does lean very much toward option 2, "need for love and stability" (this will become important further down the line... a lot further). Again Monty has two problems on that front, the first is that she's not just awkward about her feelings, but she genuinely doesn't know how to express them. Essentially she's created this idealised version of herself for the benifit of others and now can't break free of it (and just right now isn't really trying either). The other problem is Jethro himself. Even though he genuinely adores his cyborg he's made it pretty clear that their relationship will never go beyond close-friendly-professionals. Again her cyborg-handler relationship is something she avoids talking about to the shrinks. I think she screwed up once on that count in the pop-culture interveiw, with the mention that she likes the movie An Education.

Essentially, behind the facade, Monty's a bit of an emotional trainwreck. So she hides behind that facade, tweaks her stiff upper-lip and carries on because she's too stubborn and too image concious not too. Sometimes I wonder if she's not angry at people simply as a way to vent some of her own frustration.

Most of this I should point out Monty generally crams to the back of her mind and tries not to think about... which might explain why she's such a work-a-holic as well.

I should really stop using these things as such an "organise my thoughts, think out loud" session sweat
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 10:18

Wait! Wait! Wait!

Who says that teens are not always cool, level headed, and most importantly confident? Working with 'kids' of all ages for the past who knows how many years, there are teens who are confident in the world they are in. It al ldepends on how much of the world and their limitation they have accepted and willing to test the boundaries without extremes. They are the "adults in children's bodies". Yes, everyone goes through moments of doubt and pain, but some recover fater than most.

In psychology (I so hate freaking mind benders, thusly so does my OCs), giving no answer is an answer itself. No matter what Monty may say or react, it what being measured by Bianchi's questions even though her words say nothing, her actions speaks louder than words. As such, Bianchi knows what Monty maybe going through but lets things go by because he wants to see where it goes. Any bit of concern he may have, he will confront the handlers themselves.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 10:48

Hmm, I may have got a bit carried away there and overstated Monty's fears and frailties a bit in trying to describe that side of her (seriously, all I wanted to do at the end of it was give the kid a mental hug) sweat Generally Monty is happy and confident in herself but, as you said, everyone goes through those moments of doubt, fear and pain... these are what pray on Monty's mind in those moments. And the fact is that she won't let anyone see her worrying about this stuff and she is concious of how other people percieve her. More over she really doesn't communicate well on an emotional level. Angry, happy, sarcastic etc, no problems there. But loving, complimentary or sympathetic... not so much.

To be honest I actually like the idea of Monty having a few (however minor) chinks in her armour. Before she felt just, just a little too perfect. Eventually I may decide to have the whole thing come crashing down around her ears. Not sure on that front yet... but it'd need something pretty major to set it off.

As for Bianchi... Monty's got nothing against him on a personal level, but she does consider her sessions with him to be a waste of her time. Whether her can read her or not though... Monty still thinks she's being smart. Also, the fact that she's already obstructive is something I intend to capitalise on further down the track Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_wink

Thanks for the input both by the way.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 9:54

Well, since it's been mentioned in a few other places I thought I'd put it here as well. One of Monty's favorite pieces Yves Saint Laurent's 1965 "Mondrian" Day Dress:

Alfisti's Outfitters YSL_Mondrian

Personally I love this dress as well as it combines two of my favorite things: Nice clothes and Piet Mondrian's Neo-Plastiscism work.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 10:05

Wow...

Alfisti's Outfitters Chanel1

and I am now kicking myself for setting this arc in the warmer months since I've ruled out cool jackets and layering in Monty's wardrobe. Alfisti's Outfitters 367 via PRIVATE

Also, simply because it's on the same blog as the post above: mind-bendingly cool thing of the day.

Alfisti's Outfitters Stijl_de_9_cine_dancing_aubette_place_kleber_strasbourg_theo_van_doesburg_foto-luc_berujeau

Ciné-dancing hall in Strasbourg designed by Theo van Doesburg.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 10:33

I don't think Kara could pull that outfit off, but she'd certainly give Monty two thumbs up.

(I figure Kara would be inclined to wear something sleeveless like this Escada embroidered dress:)

Alfisti's Outfitters Escada_Embroidered_Dress

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 1 Jan 2011 - 13:06; edited 3 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 10:49

Kiskaloo wrote:I don't think Kara could pull that outfit off, but she'd certainly give Monty two thumbs up.

(I figure Kara would be inclined to wear something sleeveless like this Escada embroidered dress:)

Alfisti's Outfitters Escada_Embroidered_Dress

I think even Monty would be pushing it with the headpiece. Ditch that though and it could work.

Yeah, see I don't think Monty could pull the Escarda dress off, she doesn't quite have the hips or shoulders for it... When I think about it I guess her taste tends to run slightly toward the more flamboyant as well.

However, on Kara it gets two thumbs up in return.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 7:57

I'm imagine how gorgeous when that white dress had bloodstein on it!

Alfisti's Outfitters 817766
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 9:14

emperor wrote:I'm imagine how gorgeous when that white dress had bloodstein on it!

Alfisti's Outfitters 817766

Well Kara was wearing it on her first kill in Pactio and yes, she did ruin it.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Sat 20 Mar 2010 - 9:19

And what was Michelle reaction after seeing that?

Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 20 Mar 2010 - 9:50

emperor wrote:And what was Michelle reaction after seeing that?

Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz

She actually scared him at first. That night, he slept downstairs on the couch rather than share a bed with her.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 15:37

emperor wrote:I'm imagine how gorgeous when that white dress had bloodstein on it!

Kiskaloo wrote:Well Kara was wearing it on her first kill in Pactio and yes, she did ruin it.

She actually scared him at first. That night, he slept downstairs on the couch rather than share a bed with her.
I guess Elio was lucky Marisa pulled off her first kill underwater...no blood on her swimsuit. Of course, she's gotten blood on nearly every outfit since then. Fortunately, the SWA laundry staff is very experienced at getting such stains out.

Elio: I also have all her clothes Scotch-Gard'ed before I let her wear them on a mission.

Michele: (pointing out a stain) What about that blouse?

Marisa: Oh, that's not blood, it's marinara sauce. I tripped and dumped a whole tray of spaghetti on Ms. Ferro.

Kara: Yikes! I'm surprised she didn't give you a few blood stains after that!

Last edited by Professor Voodoo on Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 15:45; edited 2 times in total
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 15:42

Kiskaloo wrote:Well Kara was wearing it on her first kill in Pactio and yes, she did ruin it.

He knows first hand that killing a human can be a messy undertaking. However, the DGSE agent she carried out the hit for gave her a replacement dress as a thank you.

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:She actually scared him at first. That night, he slept downstairs on the couch rather than share a bed with her.

I guess Elio was lucky Marisa pulled off her first kill underwater...no blood on her swimsuit. Of course, she's gotten blood on nearly every outfit since then. Fortunately, the SWA laundry staff is very experienced at getting such stains out.

Very true.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:01

Professor Voodoo wrote:

I'm gonna guess they probably buy their Napisan (and little stain-bars) in bulk.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 9:47

I could totally see Monty wearing a pair of these, kinda 60s with a contempory twist:

Alfisti's Outfitters 283_front.jpg_715

And they come in white!

Alfisti's Outfitters 282.jpg_715

A bargain at 120 euro

Via PRIVATE blog
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 10:24

White would definitely work for Monty.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 0:08

Interesting pair of 'Cat Glasses' that were popular in the 1960s. But that style back then were not so ROUND....
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 3:45

ElfenMagix wrote:Interesting pair of 'Cat Glasses' that were popular in the 1960s. But that style back then were not so ROUND....

Yeah, pretty much. I kinda like the "round" twist on them though.

Those Cat Glasses seem to be coming back into fashion a bit to, particularly through the hipster crowd.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 8:07

Yeah...
Better one of these
Alfisti's Outfitters Pta1946

Than one of these
Alfisti's Outfitters Cat_glasses
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 9:33

ElfenMagix wrote:Better one of these
Alfisti's Outfitters Pta1946

That would so not work for Monty. NO
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 9:38

Haha, pretty much... those are probably a little too 50s Americana for Monty's taste Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 29 Apr 2010 - 22:26

Alfisti wrote:Haha, pretty much... those are probably a little too 50s Americana for Monty's taste Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz

Oh god, I just got a disturbing image of Monty in those glasses & a poodle skirt stuck in my mind. Alfisti's Outfitters Adult_10
I seriously need a beer...
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 29 Apr 2010 - 22:38

"Personal foul. Roughing the Reader. 10 Yard Penalty. Repeat Second Down."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 2:34

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:Haha, pretty much... those are probably a little too 50s Americana for Monty's taste Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz

Oh god, I just got a disturbing image of Monty in those glasses & a poodle skirt stuck in my mind.
I seriously need a beer...
You seriously need a good clip about the ears... I'm sure Monty'll be happy to oblige in this case. Alfisti's Outfitters Icon_razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content