Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOVIET INVASION!!!!!!

+2
Nachtsider
Kiskaloo
6 posters

Go down

SOVIET INVASION!!!!!! Empty SOVIET INVASION!!!!!!

Post by Guest Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 9:45

I just have this wicked idea!! Can't control myself!!

So, last night I dreamed some strange dream to which the Soviet Union (or remnants) lands in Osaka and do major stuff. The IJA (yes, I said its right. IJA. I remember that flag) moves in to war while I'm laughing my ass off as NK launches its 20th nuclear missile right out of my apartment window to which it fails and falls down back like a dead board.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE MAIN POINT!!! XDDD

I mean, we have some ideas of the 'future' GsG or some idea back then about them working with the German Reich. Now I don't know if this has been attempted or not, but would it be so cool to see the girls defending Rome to their last breath as Soviet T-60 tanks and Red Army marches down from Europe to Italy? I mean, its like a 'what if' to which the West lost the Cold War and Germany became an entirely communist nation.

So-so-so its like taking back in the 60s--which means we can have hippie-like GsG with all the 'love' and 'flower power' and all that sort of stuff!!

...man I played too many games lately...

But wouldn't that be COOL??

Back to top Go down

SOVIET INVASION!!!!!! Empty Re: SOVIET INVASION!!!!!!

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 10:31

The girls could be part of NATO's Operation Gladio.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 13:05

Yeah! Yeah! I know its a wild idea, but LETS DISCUSS THIS!!!

...then maybe get a creative writing going or something :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 13:29

Cool story, bro.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 7:03

Yeah, so-so lets pile in the ideas people!!! I mean, lets all get together and discuss this and see how much we can come up!

I mean, who would have thought a Soviet Invasion???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 10:26

Panzer IV wrote:Yeah, so-so lets pile in the ideas people!!! I mean, lets all get together and discuss this and see how much we can come up!

I mean, who would have thought a Soviet Invasion???

Well considering the Warsaw Pact would have had their asses handed to them within the week...

I suppose the most likely scenario would be something like Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy and Larry Bond. Muslim terrorists take out the Soviet's primary petroleum refinery in one of the Central Asian republics and to divert attention from an invasion of the Middle East to secure all the oil fields they invade West Germany and cut the GIUK Gap.

Of course, we'd have to back-date Gunslinger Girl to the 1980s...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 14:31

Well considering the Warsaw Pact would have had their asses handed to them within the week...

I suppose the most likely scenario would be something like Red Storm Rising
by Tom Clancy and Larry Bond. Muslim terrorists take out the Soviet's
primary petroleum refinery in one of the Central Asian republics and to
divert attention from an invasion of the Middle East to secure all the
oil fields they invade West Germany and cut the GIUK Gap.

Of course, we'd have to back-date Gunslinger Girl to the 1980s...

Hmm...that's true...

But I'm thinking more on the line of the Soviets winning the Cold War. So in that regards, the Western Powers abandoned Berlin. Or further, Kruschev managed to 'plant' the missile in Cuba--ultimately silencing the US (to which the Cuban Missile Crisis never occurred)

Its like this: Truman's isolation policy was never put in practice and the Soviet pretty much grew...uncontrolled. Then they are moving down to Italy as many nation began to join the Soviet block. This is where the girls are assigned to 'fight Red tanks, copters and soldiers and defend Rome with all your might' kind of situation. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 17:07

That's an interesting idea. I could see Walther and Daniela pulling off a Simo Hayha on the Soviets.

Then again, this isn't exactly my cup of tea. If ever I do start on this it would take quite a bit of thinking...
MikhailN
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 5:08

Is it wrong that I have the sudden urge to write a scene where a GSG calls in fire support while fighting communists, and Liberty Prime suddenly stomps into view?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 6:37

the Italians would fight for a bit then change sides !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

SOVIET INVASION!!!!!! Empty Interesting...

Post by Wileama Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 13:34

Awinnell wrote:the Italians would fight for a bit then change sides !
Low blow...

Kiskaloo wrote:I suppose the most likely scenario would be something like Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy and Larry Bond.
You read my mind. That book was my first thought too. At the very least it's going to take some modification. If nothing else though it does set a god example of what a WW III story should look like. The key is that the story has to remain plausible. You can just throw out a line like yeah Europes been at war for like the last decade just, because I said so. Some people would just roll with it. Others would not.

If you really want to build a solid plot you have to answer the whys of the story. Why is Russia a threat? Why is Russia willing to invade Italy? Why does Russia invade Italy?

Right first why: Why is Russia a threat? The Russia we know today isn't really a first world power. They've got a lot of nukes, but that doesn't make them a credible villian. They have to have an army that can stand up to NATO. How does that happen? Maybe it is the past, during the hay day of the Soviet Union? Maybe the Soviet Union never fell? Why not? Has the Soviet Union risen again? How?

I would go with having the Soviet Union rise again. Explaining it is pretty simple, especially since I'm about to steal a page from Tom Clancy's End War. The Russian Federation has grown it's power base on newly discovered energy reserves. At the same time it has followed the current tread of back tracking freedom, and now very much looks like the Soviet Union of old. I like this for a couple reasons. First it plays on current events, and is in my opinions very realistic. Second it puts the story in the near future, which is when I think GSG takes place anyway. Finally it provides some threads that might be useful later on.

Second why: Why is Russia willing to invade Italy? It can't be just be greed for more land, and power. Invading a NATO country isn't something you just do on a whim. Well I suppose you might if you where crazy. That's strikes me as poor story telling though. For it to be real there has to be an edge of desperation to it. Something that makes Russia willing to be the far. That surprisingly this isn't hard. Just give Italy a shiny new fusion research center. If Russia's built it's strength on oil reserves then cheap fusion power could ruin them. They'll have to control this technology to survive the coming paradigm shift. Italy's cyborg program will just been the cream on top.

The final why is the hardest in my opinion: Why does Russia invade Italy? This sounds a lot like the second one I know. The second question though was an issue of motivation. This is the specific spark that causes it. Just, because you hate your boss doesn't mean your going to kill him. You're more likely to put a whoopee cushion on his chair, rat him out to the IRS, or any number of things. Something has to push you past the brink. Russia also has other ways around the problem. They could be running their own fusion program. They could steal it from Italy. There are probably a dozen more I haven't thought of.

The most obvious solution is just to steal the plot of Red Storm Rising. Muslim terrorists (surprising far sighted Mr. Clancy) burn down a big Russian oil field. Just as this happens Italy's fussion reactor goes online, and is working really well. So now instead of looking to break up NATO to invade the middle east, Russia just wants to invade Italy.

I also have two other ideas of my own that avoid the plagiarism angle. The first two idea's have one thing in common: they escalate till war is the only option left. The first idea is a proxy war, that blossoms into a full on war. The Russians start backing the Five Republics. The Italian government starts cracking down more. The population gets less supportive of the harsh government tactics. The Five Republics start to get a little bit more emboldened. Russia, and the US both pour some gas on the fire. Bang! Full blow civil war. You could even avoid taking it all the way to WW III, if you wanted. That way you don't have to explain why people don't start dropping nukes. While Russia hardware, and advisers make your dream come true. Of course then you have to Explain why NATO doesn't help Italy just crush the commie rebels.

The second idea isn't terribly well fleshed out. Basically I'm thinking the start of world war one redone. The Five Republics, backed by Russia, do something stupid. I was thinking it would focus around that fusion research center I mentioned. The SWA was trying to stop that something, but failed. However they did expose the Russia involvement. Which results in war. Like I said not terribly well fleshed out, but it offers the Girls a big role leading up to the war which I find interesting. Honestly now that I've written it thought is sounds an offal lot like my first.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 15:00

Realistically, you would have to place this story in an alternate reality where NATO and the Warsaw Pact remain in existence along with an intact Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia (so the Balkan Conflicts never happened).

That way, Soviet/Warsaw Pact forces could invade Italy through the border with Yugoslavia as well as invading Austria and then coming down. They could also launch an amphibious attack across the Adriatic. Maybe invade Greece, as well. So instead of going across Germany, where NATO expected them to, they move across the "underbelly".
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum