Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pistol you Americans might actually like for once...

4 posters

Go down

A pistol you Americans might actually like for once... Empty A pistol you Americans might actually like for once...

Post by Piero Sat 1 Aug 2009 - 22:18

Yes, I know, I'm the guy who normally equips his OCs with 'wimpy' 9mms on the flimsy basis that that's the accepted standard in Europe. For once however I'm actually considering a .45 for some of my OCs, namely this one: the Sarsilmaz K2-45, a Turkish built copy of the CZ-75 chambered in .45 with a fourteen round magazine capacity. Sarsilmaz pistols are reportedly very well made, Armalite imports some of the 9mm versions under their brand name.

As a note, the photo on the modern firearms site doesn't quite do the pistol justice. There's a picture on Sarsilmaz's own website that shows one with a really nice set of wood grips (and also has a more complete specs sheet). Unfortunately due to the way the company's site is set up you'll have to find it on your own, the closest I can get you is the company's English webpage.

I wonder if this thing was ever legally imported into Italy... Sonia's pistol was something she inherited from her dead sister (an intelligence agent) and I've sometimes thought it might be good if it was chambered in a calibre that was legal for the Italian civilian market.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

A pistol you Americans might actually like for once... Empty Re: A pistol you Americans might actually like for once...

Post by LoC978 Sat 1 Aug 2009 - 23:21

hey, you're a North American too! Razz

nice find, though. never seen a CZ clone in .45ACP before.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

A pistol you Americans might actually like for once... Empty Re: A pistol you Americans might actually like for once...

Post by Piero Sun 2 Aug 2009 - 0:04

There are actually several manufacturers that make .45 CZ variants, including CZ itself (CZ 97B), IMI (Jericho variants) and Tanfoglio. None of those three have this thing's magazine capacity though. Smile

I kind of find myself wondering which of the characters I'm considering giving this thing too would be best suited for it. I think I'm starting to lean towards Sonia, although it seems a tad strange that she carries this monster while her charge carries a Walther P5C with a magazine capacity of eight 9mm rounds. Laughing

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 2 Aug 2009 - 11:21

The Sarsilmaz K2-45 pistol looks a lot like a 1911 clone than a CZ clone to me.
But hey... it works and thats what counts.

Only if I had a Turkish OC, then they would have it. Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 2 Aug 2009 - 19:08

Certainly does look like a CZ more than a 1911. I wonder what the import price will be. If it's anything like my Stoeger 8000 pistol (which was $329 compared to the Beretta's $860), I'm in.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down