Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie!

5 posters

Go down

Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie! Empty Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie!

Post by emperor Thu 16 Apr 2009 - 12:04

Do you agree? Yu Ida's style art is a great work to watch and read.

From my point of view,he draws with a static style,it means his manga didn't have much '' Zoom!!!! or else effects sound aroud characters'' but flowing the frame with static image. The same style like this are Angel Heart,City Hunter,Ah!My Goddess

Plus, filling with good screentone from real places;museum,park,building that make the story quit real in readers eyes.

Everything integrated and become a marvelous action-thriller manga in your hand.
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie! Empty Re: Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie!

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 16 Apr 2009 - 13:21

I do like his artwork very much.

However, it took the first anime to really show just how amazing those girls really are.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie! Empty Re: Quality of GSG manga;it's like you watch a great Hollywood movie!

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 10:08

Agree! Aida-sensei's art is getting better and better! Very Happy

I was hiatus from reading GSG when it stopped on the 8th volume in Indonesia (and it was really turns me crazy because they already give us the 'weird Ange' opening), but then when I met a friend who also loves GSG, I search it and found it. Smile

And so damn happy.

Aida-sensei is now totally awesome. The tone, the everything... it's just getting cooler and moar!

I wonder how many assistant that Aida-sensei has and is he use computer or not. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 12:43

Having had to bounce back and forth between his earliest and latest volumes while working on my current fan-fic chapter, I notice that Yu Aida has significantly changed the "look" of the girls. They now have the same "really big eyes" look that -Il Teatrino- has. It is really obvious with Triela and Henrietta.

So I wonder if he dictated/influenced the look for -Il Teatrino-? I have to say I dislike it in the manga as much as I do in the anime. NO
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 13:23

I'm honestly not convinced he draws every volume himself. Some of the discrepancies between art styles from volume to volume seem too great to me - compare Volume One to Volumes Two through Five, for instance.

Whatever the case, I thought the art and sense of sequential storytelling for Volume One were HORRIBLE - the images were terribly stylized, and I had trouble telling what was going on (I'm one of those people who watched the anime before reading the manga, and it was only thanks to its help that I was able to decipher certain bits). Things became lovely during Volumes Two through Five - I've only caught glimpses of what lies beyond Volume Six, and judge it to be completely average.

One thing I must say is this, however. The guy really needs to work on his speech bubbles. I'm still having difficulty telling who is saying what in some cases.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 16:44

I am sure he has a staff who help, but he still must be doing a not-insubstantial part of the work himself and I would hope he reviews the staff's pencils before final clean-up and inking.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 27 Apr 2009 - 18:16

I agree with Nacht on all counts.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcrim Mon 11 May 2009 - 5:23

i do like the detail he puts into alot of the scenes, and when you read it properly he gives you time to suck up the emotion. duno how he does that but i havnt found other manga's that do that for me
Volcrim
Volcrim

Male

Forum Posts : 80

Fan of : GSG and other inferior anime

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 12 May 2009 - 6:07

Agreed with Volcrim cheers
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum