Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters

4 posters

Go down

OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters Empty OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 27 Dec 2008 - 22:25

As I write, I find I often need a surname or given name for a canon character where we only have a given name or surname. This includes the handlers and SWA staff. I've created my own list for my OC stories, but I have "adopted" some I have come across in the community's fiction (like Ferro Milani). My current story needs a given name for Raballo, so I created one for him - "Giovanni".

I don't know if we as a community want to consider coming up with a common list that we work with, or does it really matter?
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters Empty Re: OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 27 Dec 2008 - 22:51

Out of canon characters, who needs a complete name?

Well, we can do the detective work and figure out what is already there and list them (here).

The rest needs to be worked on...

Thus far- all the cyborgs carry the handler's surname as being a 'Fratello'.

As of Victor Hartmann, as of V10, it explains 'Hillshire' (through sheer spectulation) as it is the ID the Government/SWA gave him- Victor Hillshire. This would make Triela Hartmann or Triela Hillshire, depending on his useage of the names.

Lauro is Lauro di Sica, as per Elsa carrying his surname di Sica.

If Raballo is a last name, that makes Claes Claes Rabello until his death and then she was reprogrammed with just "Claes"

Petrushka gets Allessandro's surname and being his 'sister', why is he messing with the poor gal? "When you famliy tree is a straight line, then you must be a red neck..."
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters Empty Re: OC Fiction Names for Canon Characters

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 13:39

ElfenMagix wrote:Thus far- all the cyborgs carry the handler's surname as being a 'Fratello'.

Not necessarily. While Elsa did have her handler's family name of "de Sica" (since that is an Italian family name and I can find no park with that as part of it's name), since their cover was as father and daughter, this makes sense for them.

When Fermi asked Rico what her family name was in Chapter 4, she replied "I don't have a family name". Henrietta could also be Henrietta Croce since her cover is as Giuse's sister and Giuse strikes me as sentimental enough to let her take his family name. Jean, not being the sentimental type, likely wouldn't bother with giving it to Rico, IMO, hence her reply to Fermi.

It is also possible the Jean/Rico fratello normal cover is as Jean-Louis and Florence Padaille (from Chapter 9), though in Chapter 4 Jean did show Inspector Valanchi credentials that said he worked for SISDE and the PRF in Chapter 17 are under the mistaken belief that the fratelli guarding Chairwoman D'Angelo also work for SISDE.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 14:12

Kiskaloo wrote:As I write, I find I often need a surname or given name for a canon character where we only have a given name or surname. This includes the handlers and SWA staff. I've created my own list for my OC stories, but I have "adopted" some I have come across in the community's fiction (like Ferro Milani). My current story needs a given name for Raballo, so I created one for him - "Giovanni".

I don't know if we as a community want to consider coming up with a common list that we work with, or does it really matter?

This is something I've taken great advantage of. With the above mentioned Ferro surname and with giving Dr. Bianchi a first name, Ricardo.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 29 Dec 2008 - 14:38

boomer_gonz wrote:This is something I've taken great advantage of. With the above mentioned Ferro surname and with giving Dr. Bianchi a first name, Ricardo.

EDIT - As Nachtsider noted, Bianchi's official first name is Fernando which I follow. I actually use Ricardo for Gilliani's first name. Embarassed

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 10:46; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 6:08

Thus far, I haven't resorted to cooking up fictional surnames for canon characters whose real surnames have yet to be revealed - my efforts at avoiding contradictions with canon make me try my utmost to avoid doing so. That being said, though, I'm all for such a list being made as an aid for everyone else, and I really like 'Ferro Milani'. And sorry to burst your bubbles, folks, but canon's already listed Bianchi as a 'Fernando'...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 7:09

First name or surname?
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 7:09

Oh, it's 'Fernando Bianchi'.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 7:12

FINALLY!!!!

-runs off to do mass editing-

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say

THANKS NACHT!!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 14:51

Kiskaloo wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Thus far- all the cyborgs carry the handler's surname as being a 'Fratello'.

Not necessarily. While Elsa did have her handler's family name of "de Sica" (since that is an Italian family name and I can find no park with that as part of it's name), since their cover was as father and daughter, this makes sense for them.

When Fermi asked Rico what her family name was in Chapter 4, she replied "I don't have a family name". Henrietta could also be Henrietta Croce since her cover is as Giuse's sister and Giuse strikes me as sentimental enough to let her take his family name. Jean, not being the sentimental type, likely wouldn't bother with giving it to Rico, IMO, hence her reply to Fermi.

It is also possible the Jean/Rico fratello normal cover is as Jean-Louis and Florence Padaille (from Chapter 9), though in Chapter 4 Jean did show Inspector Valanchi credentials that said he worked for SISDE and the PRF in Chapter 17 are under the mistaken belief that the fratelli guarding Chairwoman D'Angelo also work for SISDE.

I would agree with most of this, except...
'Fratello' means 'siblings', and this denotes that the handler/cyborg teams are designated as such. If anything were to happen to them on the field (a-la The Elsa Incident), the police are going to as questions, and these questions are going to be satifactorily answered even though it is an all out lie. Thus (I believe) that the girls carry their handler's surnames for such emergencies. They must. How else would they escape the prying eye of the police and other investigative boards (ie: Section 1) without at least a good cover up?

BTW- it was Jean that stated that Rico did not have a surname. On record, they may not, but on the field, they must have something to fall back on.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 15:11

ElfenMagix wrote:BTW- it was Jean that stated that Rico did not have a surname. On record, they may not, but on the field, they must have something to fall back on.

I take that is in the anime. For the ADV translation of Chapter 4 of the manga:

Fermi: "What's your family name, Rico?"

Rico: "I don't have a family name."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 30 Dec 2008 - 15:19

I'm going to have to review that, I remember Jean saying a simillar thing at the crime scene.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum