Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minimalism

3 posters

Go down

Minimalism Empty Minimalism

Post by TTIO Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 9:39

I was recently introduced to minimalism, which is a lot better than it sounds (pun not intended)...

Basically, the distinguishing feature of minimalism is that it repeats chords and melodies for a long period of time before changing, so you have to listen to it for a long time to get the full effect. As a result, it is often used for films etc.

The first part of a minimalist piece called "In C": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy42bYyQNAg
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Minimalism Empty Re: Minimalism

Post by LoC978 Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 11:26

...and it certainly has its place as background for films, video games, et cetera... just not something I'd listen to for general enjoyment.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 15:31

i would have someone play those for me as backround music for everyday life a song for taking a shower =yes
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Sun 28 Sep 2008 - 16:20

LoC978 wrote:...and it certainly has its place as background for films, video games, et cetera... just not something I'd listen to for general enjoyment.

That's the reaction of most of the people in my class, but I would listen to it for general enjoyment Razz

Apparently, one of the most successful minimalist composers enjoyed listening to energy pylons throb in his youth. But I'm not that wierd Wink
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 15:06

Ah! I've heard a few of these in the past and I don't know what genre they fall under in so my interest in it waned. Thank you for the info (and for reviving my interest in it).

At one point I was addicted to this. I visualize the inner workings of a clock (I know, I'm strange) and how every gear helps another gear move and then it all comes together to create one mechanism. It basically helps me calm down.

I'm now looking for other pieces under this genre. dancin\\' Thank you again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 16:26

You're welcome Very Happy

When I first heard In C, I got an image of one of those floating islands you sometimes get in fantasy games... And I'm the sort of person who normally works in numbers and words, not images, so it's pretty impressive that it even managed to create an image in my head. Very Happy
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content