Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe

5 posters

Go down

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe Empty Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe

Post by Guest Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 3:04

I am going to make a timeline for the events in the Gunslinger Girl Universe, including the Croce Family, the SWA and other key points featured in the series. Guh?

If you can remember anything, would you mind adding if to this topic. Hmm... Also, could you please try to include where it was mentioned: if in the manga add the chapter and page numbers/ if in the season which episode/ and if it is in the game whereabouts it occurred.

I know this will not be an easy task bang head as most events in the series have no dates attached, and once completed, it may not be entirely accurate, but even a rough version would be helpful, especially for those who like to write fanfiction.

Thanks. MeganeMoe      Say Cheese!    This is my gun  Teddies    SnoozeTime 

Back to top Go down

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe Empty Re: Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 3 Jul 2016 - 19:37

This is the timeline I used. It is based on things shown in the manga including phases of the moon, the seasons, architectural details (work on the San Giorgio Monastery) and car model years. I believe it to be accurate to the manga’s events as portrayed.

Volume 01 – December 2004
Chapter 03 ends on Christmas Day
Chapter 04+05 - the week between Christmas and New Years

Volume 02 – Winter 2005
Chapter 08 – Early January 2005 (Quadrantid meteor shower)

Volume 03 – Spring 2005

Volume 04 – Summer 2005
(Chapter 22 is confirmed as taking place in June in Chapter 61)

Volume 05 – Fall 2005

Volume 06 – Fall 2005

Volume 07 – Fall 2005
Volume 08 – Fall / Winter 2005

Volume 09 – Winter 2005

Volume 10 – December 2005 / January 2006

Volume 11 – Winter 2006

Volume 12 – Winter 2006

Volume 13 – December 2006

Volume 14 – December 2006

Volume 15 – December 2006 / February 2007 / May 2007 / August 2008
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

REscapist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe Empty Re: Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe

Post by Guest Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 4:19

WOW you're good!!!

That is some great observation skills Kiskaloo! You'd make a good detective! I never paid much attention to the moon, although I noticed the construction on the San Giorgio Monastery and the different car models. 

Thanks for all your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 5:57

Another interesting date that occurred before the SWA was in Chapter 66 Page 7 where it is mentioned that Jean had been in the military for 5 years when he met Sophia. This, if he joined when 18 like I assume he did, would make him 23 years old and jose roughly 20 or 21 (there looks to be about two years difference in age between them). 

Now I think he knew Sophia for around a year before she died, if could be two years, however I don't think it was too long. So this would make him 24 when he first joined the agency and Jose 22. 

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe Empty Timeline??

Post by RandyR Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 17:33

I made an account so I could ask this question : does Il Teatrino take place before the original? I think it would since Angelica died at the end of the original but is alive in Il Teatrino.

Last edited by RandyR on Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 17:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : format)

RandyR

Male

Forum Posts : 4

Fan of : Not sure what this is asking but I have lots of knowledge about the NFL

Original Characters : Not sure what this is asking either

Comments : Just a normal guy.

Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:19

RandyR wrote:I made an account so I could ask this question : does Il Teatrino take place before the original? I think it would since Angelica died at the end of the original but is alive in Il Teatrino.

So I guess you haven't read the manga? The second season is a direct sequel of the first season. Angelica never died in that scene, she went to sleep. Back when the first season was made, I think they wanted to keep us guessing with a maybe death ending, but no. She goes on to live for quite a while.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 19:38

She was supposed to die in the final episode of the first season, far sooner than she had in the manga, because there were no plans to continue the anime at the time. Another outfit brought it back, and threw a little fairy dust to bring her back to continue her story.
The second season and 'OVA' prepped the viewers for the long-delayed introduction of the Sandro/Petrushka fratello, but only by a passing mention of 'next generation' cyborgs and a cameo by Elizaveta, the girl who would someday become Petra. But the third season was never produced.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by RandyR Fri 3 May 2019 - 17:39

Triela wrote:
RandyR wrote:I made an account so I could ask this question : does Il Teatrino take place before the original? I think it would since Angelica died at the end of the original but is alive in Il Teatrino.

So I guess you haven't read the manga? The second season is a direct sequel of the first season. Angelica never died in that scene, she went to sleep. Back when the first season was made, I think they wanted to keep us guessing with a maybe death ending, but no. She goes on to live for quite a while.
Nope. I only watched the anime on Netflix. Thanks though!

RandyR

Male

Forum Posts : 4

Fan of : Not sure what this is asking but I have lots of knowledge about the NFL

Original Characters : Not sure what this is asking either

Comments : Just a normal guy.

Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe Empty Timeline for the Gunslinger Girl Universe

Post by REscapist Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 16:35

Kiskaloo wrote:This is the timeline I used. It is based on things shown in the manga including phases of the moon, the seasons, architectural details (work on the San Giorgio Monastery) and car model years. I believe it to be accurate to the manga’s events as portrayed.

Volume 01 – December 2004
Chapter 03 ends on Christmas Day
Chapter 04+05 - the week between Christmas and New Years

Volume 02 – Winter 2005
Chapter 08 – Early January 2005 (Quadrantid meteor shower)

Volume 03 – Spring 2005

Volume 04 – Summer 2005
(Chapter 22 is confirmed as taking place in June in Chapter 61)

Volume 05 – Fall 2005

Volume 06 – Fall 2005

Volume 07 – Fall 2005
Volume 08 – Fall / Winter 2005

Volume 09 – Winter 2005

Volume 10 – December 2005 / January 2006

Volume 11 – Winter 2006

Volume 12 – Winter 2006

Volume 13 – December 2006

Volume 14 – December 2006

Volume 15 – December 2006 / February 2007 / May 2007 / August 2008
— Don't you (or someone else) ask the question about timeline to Yu Aida?

REscapist

Male

Forum Posts : 1

Fan of : Resident Evil, Out Of Hell, Girls' Frontline, Unreal, RWBY. And Triela, of course.

Original Characters : Christian Daniels, Alana Daniels (sister), Alessia (cyborg)

Comments : — If we can hold on, we can fix what is wrong!.. This is the land of the LIVING, land of SURVIVAL!

Registration date : 2021-06-25

Thescarredman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 16:42

This timeline is somewhat later than the accepted one, which begins in 2002, I believe. But the first season anime begins even earlier, as dated documents can be seen dated no later than 2000. I strongly suggest that the timeline was deliberately left vague to broaden Yu's creative choices.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down