Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapon Idiosyncrasies

+10
MP5
tremec6speed
ElfenMagix
Professor Voodoo
Nachtsider
Three Dog
dragonfire238
Alfisti
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
John_234
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapon Idiosyncrasies

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:47

Professor Voodoo wrote:As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

• All phones must be turned over to the technology department to have monitoring equipment installed.
  • If a number is dialed, or a call received from a number that that's not on the Agency approved list, the Agency knows it immediately.
  • Smartphones have restrictions on websites that can be browsed. Parent-lock is nothing compared to Handler-lock.
  • All chat, text and instant message functions are monitored by the Agency.

Kara: "How about an app that warns a cyborg when they're closing in on their minutes limit, Professor?"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 13:52

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:I can picture the two girls Yuki und Mercedes writing each other on the net even though they're only a few rooms away about rule # this and that, laughing as each tops the other back and forth! Razz
Jean: What the hell is wrong today? These range scores are terrible, the cyborgs are falling asleep in class and not one of them can complete the obstacle course with a reasonable time. It's like they're all zombies out there!

Ferro: I suggest we shut off the wireless intranet in the cyborg warehouse. (shows Jean her smart-phone) They've set up a "virtual tea party" chat group so they can continue gabbing & gossiping hours after lights-out time. Activity log reports they didn't quit messaging until 4am last night.

Jean: Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 756796
Monty: Frankly I'm still at a loss as to why cyborgs even need internet, surely giving a bunch of teenagers access to the internet is just asking for security trouble.
That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

• All phones must be turned over to the technology department to have monitoring equipment installed.
  • If a number is dialed, or a call received from a number that that's not on the Agency approved list, the Agency knows it immediately.
  • Smartphones have restrictions on websites that can be browsed. Parent-lock is nothing compared to Handler-lock.

Amsel: Christ, don't give Marcus any ideas.

In all seriousness, Amsel and Luce probably have a relatively skewed look on how the RB works because they're not really used for intel work. They shoot people when they need to, and are more or less forgotten about otherwise.

John_234

Forum Posts : 469

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:02

Triela: the line has bee tapped you know....

(now someone explain me why triela using a phone in episode 10?)

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Forum Posts : 1169

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:26

KuroNeko wrote:
Do you mean one of these two scenes?
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Captur48
Chapter 5

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Captur49
Chapter 26

In both cases that's a land-line phone...they're talking to an approved Agency member...and the phone is still tapped for security.

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 17:31

Sherry: oh look, a telephone...
Ai; Let's prank someone..
*calling*
Jean: who's this ?
Sherry: your mother calling you from heaven.
Jean: *covering the mouthpiece* Ferro, trace this call, if this from heaven, i want to die NOW...

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 18:27

Professor Voodoo wrote:
KuroNeko wrote:
Do you mean one of these two scenes?
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Captur48
Chapter 5

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Captur49
Chapter 26

In both cases that's a land-line phone...they're talking to an approved Agency member...and the phone is still tapped for security.

Hey, that's just reality. Sometimes you have to make do even if circumstances are far from ideal.

John_234

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 18:59

Sherry: "Is your refrigerator running?"
Elenora Gabrielli: "Yes it is."
Sherry: "You'd better catch it then!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 19:45

Professor Voodoo wrote:That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

As far as fanfics go most of us have conceeded that some of the girls have mobile phones. I'm sure there's some pretty heavy restrictions placed on that too...

Point on intranet, I missed that. Frankly though, even then I could see a "cyborg" intranet being kept completely physically seperate from the Agency secure intranet, for obvious reasons. Either way it's going to be an IT nightmare waiting to happen.

As to the phone restrictions...

Monty: All sounds perfectly resonably to me. Probably worth adding that the handler should be able to find demostrable need for his cyborg to have a phone in the first place. Otherwise, why even take the risk to begin with?

Monty of course taking her usual view that broad spectrum "cyborgs shall/shall not" rulings don't apply to her, by virtue of being Monty... and in fairness, in this particular case, trying to apply restrictions and monitoring to her phone would be at cross purposes with her role.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 20:09

Kiskaloo wrote:Sherry: "Is your refrigerator running?"
Elenora Gabrielli: "Yes it is."
Sherry: "You'd better catch it then!"
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 24592240

Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 20:20

Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:That's why I was careful to specify intranet...no link to the outside web. I agree, realistically the cyborg dormitory should have no internet access, no TV cable and no phones that dial to the outside world...none of that stuff appears in canon.

Point on intranet, I missed that. Frankly though, even then I could see a "cyborg" intranet being kept completely physically seperate from the Agency secure intranet, for obvious reasons. Either way it's going to be an IT nightmare waiting to happen.

Monty: All sounds perfectly resonably to me. Probably worth adding that the handler should be able to find demostrable need for his cyborg to have a phone in the first place. Otherwise, why even take the risk to begin with?

Monty of course taking her usual view that broad spectrum "cyborgs shall/shall not" rulings don't apply to her, by virtue of being Monty... and in fairness, in this particular case, trying to apply restrictions and monitoring to her phone would be at cross purposes with her role.
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 23751091
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 20:25

Alfisti wrote:Point on intranet, I missed that. Frankly though, even then I could see a "cyborg" intranet being kept completely physically seperate from the Agency secure intranet, for obvious reasons. Either way it's going to be an IT nightmare waiting to happen.

yea I imagine that if anybody tried to put a bug on her phone then at her earliest convienance that phone would be destroyed and replaced
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Forum Posts : 85

Fan of : all

Original Characters : -Abigail-cyborg/daughter -Leonard Casey- handler/father

Comments : a wise man once said "goo goo ga ga"

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 21:33

dragonfire238 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:Point on intranet, I missed that. Frankly though, even then I could see a "cyborg" intranet being kept completely physically seperate from the Agency secure intranet, for obvious reasons. Either way it's going to be an IT nightmare waiting to happen.

yea I imagine that if anybody tried to put a bug on her phone then at her earliest convienance that phone would be destroyed and replaced
I would think that sort of behavior gets people destroyed and replaced xD
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 22:07

dragonfire238 wrote: yea I imagine that if anybody tried to put a bug on her phone then at her earliest convienance that phone would be destroyed and replaced
I don't think she'd need to in reality. Monty uses her phone for all sorts, and from a security perspective, the last thing J+M need is for it to be constantly transmitting back to the SWA... Not to mention I think Monty's built herself a bit of a rep for being boringly straight when it comes to the use of her work equipment, Jethro would be a bigger concern for misappropriation of SWA resources. Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 22:10

Intelligence agencies are adept at breaking whatever rules they desire, anyway~
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 0:49

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Demoti12
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 1:41

on the topic now, just like Triela, Yuki will wield a WW2 firearm in her disposal-
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Arisaka_Type_99
Type 99 Arisaka with bayonet(in the next chapter of my OC ff,i will depict how she get her prized gift,the arisaka bolt action rifle)

for Sherry-(M240B+M16A4 multiple attachment) she rolls out as the Support gunner+sniper+breacher+recon,you name it...she's the "jack of all trade"
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 300px-PEO_M240B_ProfileWeapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 M16w-a10

and for Lorraine,
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Hecate_001
the Hecate suites her.

as for Garland the other hand,Springfield M1A battle rifle
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 M14_socom1

Yamato
-Howa assault rifle
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Type89
Kai-
same with Yamato,with specially mounted scope

Yuri-PKM pecheneg
Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Battlefield-3-pecheneg

the basic point why all of My OC using different weapon from the European firearm(except hecate) is all of the firearm mentioned above perfectly suited them....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 1:57

Bear in mind: the Arisaka is only useful as a sniper weapon.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:01

Most of those guns aren't particularly impractical.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:09

Nachtsider wrote:Bear in mind: the Arisaka is only useful as a sniper weapon.

that's right....did you read Yuki's dossier? she is an excellent sharpshooter/sniper/designated marksman
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:15

John_234 wrote:Most of those guns aren't particularly impractical.

HOWA assault rifle-never exported out of japan.
Springfield M1A-obsolete compared to M14 ebr
M240B-better suit for Tank mounting rather than infantry support....
Arisaka- particularly firing 7mm cartridge
Hecate- why choose it when barrett m82a1 had more round....
Pecheneg- seems out of NATO firearm list....
M16A4- M4A1 is more useful....

yes...all the weapon aren't particularly impractical....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:17

Seemed that way to me as well, but my knowledge doesn't go that far.

On that note, as a request from the gun illiterate to those posting here: could we have some explanation as to a) why the weapons posted are idiosyncratic/impractical in their intended role and b) why the decision was taken to use them anyway? ie. why do they suit the characters etc.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:23

Alfisti wrote:

Mercedes: Have you met my handler? He can pass just about anything off as training.

Barry: That's right. You see, there is the off chance that one of teh cyborgs may be captured, or monitored by another agency, foreign or domestic. For this purpose, Mercedes and I have been teaching them to speak in code over the phones and intranet. What you see or hear as mindless banter, is actually in dpth tactical analysis and planning.

Ferro: *disbelievingly* Then tell me what "Barry is the coolest!" means, then.

Barry: It's alerting the other cyborgs to my presence, but also noting that I'm in a good mood and they shouldn't mean to step around me or watch what they say when I'm near. If it had been, "Barry is so hot!" then it's stil an alert, and a warning that I'm in a bad mood. You see?

Sorry, back on track.

Captain Dominika Zalko uses a Stechkin. Not sure why, I just think it suits her Russian-ness

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 300px-Stechkin_APS
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:29

KuroNeko wrote:

HOWA: Point.
Springfield M1A: Lighter, more accurate and more readily available than the M14 EBR. I don't see your point.
M240B: The INFANTRY version of the M240, widely used in foot combat.
Arisaka: Been discussed.
Hecate: Bolt action. Has it's own benefits versus the Barrett.
Pecheneg: If the 7.62x54r is a common round in the area of operations, it makes sense.
M16A4: Readily available, much better stopping power than the M4. It has it's purposes, again.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 2:34

KuroNeko wrote:

sure the M240B is normally mounted on a vehicle but we always had at least two of them per platoon (1 per squad) when on a dismounted patrol so it was used plenty for infantry support. the M240D however wouldn't normally be seen dismounted as it has a butterfly trigger like the m2
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 3:33

that what i say before....it's not particularly impractical in my view....
and to my point of view(and some of MY OC)...the heavier the gun,the more easier to handle it....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 3:42

Springfield M1A: Lighter, more accurate and more readily available than the M14 EBR. I don't see your point.(yes...that's why i think it's obsolete for a long range sharpshooter)
M240B: The INFANTRY version of the M240, widely used in foot combat.(yes....my country mount it on jeep)
Hecate: Bolt action. Has it's own benefits versus the Barrett.(you don't give fire suppression in tight space in italy...better suit the fragile and historical space in italy with one shot/kill)
M16A4: Readily available, much better stopping power than the M4. It has it's purposes, again.(always jam after firing many round...how would you refer it? the incomplete discharge of gunpowder in the M16 firing chamber....always a problem with the ljungman firing system...always hate it when i fire the M16...that's why i quit police cadet...beside the brass burn i get in my right arm...)

Last edited by KuroNeko on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 3:56; edited 1 time in total
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 3:51

KuroNeko wrote:Springfield M1A: Lighter, more accurate and more readily available than the M14 EBR. I don't see your point.(yes...that's why i think it's obsolete for a long range sharpshooter)
M240B: The INFANTRY version of the M240, widely used in foot combat.(yes....my country mount it on jeep)
Hecate: Bolt action. Has it's own benefits versus the Barrett.(you don't give fire suppression in tight space in italy...better suit the fragile and historical space in italy with one shot/kill)
M16A4: Readily available, much better stopping power than the M4. It has it's purposes, again.(always jam after firing many round...how would you refer it? the incomplete discharge of gunpowder in the M16 firing chamber....always a problem with the ljungman firing system...always hate it when i fire the M16)
You misunderstand. The M14 EBR in most respects is worse than the M1A.
The jams you cite with the M16 are no different from the M4.

Anyway, I think I'll drop the topic.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 3:59

before that.....M4 quickly overheat,m16 are such long assault rifle,impractical to CQB(unless using shorter barrel,which pain in the neck changing it)...and that's my final shot of the excuse behind of the firearm option for my cyborg...psychologically..in my point...the worse the gun,the more cautious it is for us to fire it.

M240 use 7.62...wild recoil there...

Last edited by KuroNeko on Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 5:09; edited 2 times in total
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 4:07

i would rather let Ichiroku wield FN FNC
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 0:50

KuroNeko wrote:Yuki: Rule number 46: if the bird is noisy, KILL IT

Ai
: Yuki-chan,who are you chatting with?
Yuki: uh...i dunno....this forum is pretty damn intense...
(security watching, listening and intercepting the net secretly report report anything that could mean trouble)
Cyborg Yuki just stated that she means to quote: 'KILL THE NOISY BIRD' end quote. I think we have an uprising in the making. Notify Chief Lorenzo on the double!!
Lorenzo: Hey, who she calling a nosy 'ol bird?!
(mumbling to himself) Surely they're not referring to that day I accidentally entered Jethro's make-shift office space while Monty was changing.....honest! sweat Embarassed
Ferro: He's a nosy 'old bird all right!
Tea: Yup....
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 3:05

tremec6speed wrote:

Ai
(security watching, listening and intercepting the net secretly report report anything that could mean trouble)
Cyborg Yuki just stated that she means to quote: 'KILL THE NOISY BIRD' end quote. I think we have an uprising in the making. Notify Chief Lorenzo on the double!!
(mumbling to himself) Surely they're not referring to that day I accidentally entered Jethro's make-shift office space while Monty was changing.....honest! Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 61015 Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 183408

Sherry: hey Henrietta, didn't you heard ? Yuki-san now under quarantine....they say that she was chatting something about rule this rule that....
Henrietta: yea i heard about that....wonder who she was chatting to that night...*glance to Mercedes*
Mercedes: uhm...no comment... *run away as she saw some big guy chasing her....*
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 3:48

KuroNeko wrote:
tremec6speed wrote:

Ai
(mumbling to himself) Surely they're not referring to that day I accidentally entered Jethro's make-shift office space while Monty was changing.....honest! Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 61015 Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 183408

Sherry: hey Henrietta, didn't you heard ? Yuki-san now under quarantine....they say that she was chatting something about rule this rule that....
Henrietta: yea i heard about that....wonder who she was chatting to that night...*glance to Mercedes*
Mercedes: uhm...no comment... *run away as she saw some big guy chasing her....*

Mercedes: *Jumps through a window, grabs onto the guttering, and swings herself onto the roof. Slipping on a pirate hat* You'll always remeber this as they day you almost caught Captain Mercedes Sparrow! *shouting over her shoulder while on the run* Rule 10: Sometimes the only way out is through. . . through the wall.

Claes: But you just jumped through a window. My window.

Mercedes: Rule 31: Only cheaters prosper.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 4:26

Jean:we have given her to much coffee*facepalm*...Get the tranquilizer!
Mercedes: i will never surrender is i'm..*shot at the back by tranquilizer* ....CAPTAIN...Merceeedeeeesss..sparrooowwwwww...*passed out*
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 4:39

KuroNeko wrote:Jean:we h=give her to much coffee...Get the tranquilizer!
Mercedes: i will never surrender is i'm..*shot at the back by tranquilizer* ....CAPTAIN...Merceeedeeeesss..sparrooowwwwww...*passed out*

Mercedes: *wakes up in the quarantine room, cuffed to a chair* Augh, that's the last time I jump out Claes' window. *makes a choking noise and coughs up a firing pin and uncuffs herself* Come on Yuki, we're getting outta here!

Yuki: How?

The door opens to reveal Victoria and Barry, the latter hands Mercedes a cuban cigar.

Mercedes: *puts cigar in her mouth* I love it when a plan comes together.

Que the A-Team music

Mercedes: *back in the dorms adjacent Yuki's room* Rule 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 4:55

Yuki: Rule number 66: mess with Liam Nelson,you're screwed man....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 6:50

Mercedes: Rule 11: Everything is air dropable at least once.

Maybe these rule things need their own thread, yes?
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 7:14

agree....maybe you should start a new one...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 7:23

KuroNeko wrote:agree....maybe you should start a new one...
Or you could just ask one of the admins nicely to move what's here.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 9:54

Honestly, this thread has been derailed enough that folks just need to either make an effort to bring it back on topic by posting relevantly, or just let it run as-is.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 11:08

A lot of these rules are similiar to murphy's law of combat
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 19:10

Alfisti wrote:
Seemed that way to me as well, but my knowledge doesn't go that far.

On that note, as a request from the gun illiterate to those posting here: could we have some explanation as to a) why the weapons posted are idiosyncratic/impractical in their intended role and b) why the decision was taken to use them anyway? ie. why do they suit the characters etc.
I'm not knowledgeable in all things gun either, but this is a good question and if I may offer my humble opinion, at least in my cy-droids case Ayden, it's impractical because there might be innocents involved or, fragile and important pieces of equipment that may be destroyed with a fast firing shotgun.
As to why is it allowed anyway, Ayden knows her handler. He goes by the book, but if there is no specific rule as to whether something can or cannot be done, little Ayden detects grey area and runs with it, in this case pointing out every now and then that Jean did not specifically say she cannot use her Saiga 12 against relatively few targets, so her handler emotionless as usual, nods ok and the child beams knowing once more she got away with doing what she wanted. However, when Jean tells Gunther something is not allowed, he never bends the rules for her and no amount of crying and complaining can change that. Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 361650 Razz
Ayden: Let the general populace live in the boring world of black and white, we dwell in Grey Area Terrain! Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 732225
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 0:13

Victoria Malashenko: SPAS-12 and Benelli M3 are good...BUT I NEED SAIGA AND AA-12
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 0:53

Well, I've been toying with a new OC lately, and I've got this urge to give her a custom made 30mm rifle with HEIAP or DU ammo...

Assuming it doesn't shatter suspension of disbelief, I think the impracticality of such a weapon is already patently obvious, not the least of which is a very real possibility of the cyborg getting blown backwards off her feet from the recoil.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 1:09

El Conservatore wrote:Well, I've been toying with a new OC lately, and I've got this urge to give her a custom made 30mm rifle with HEIAP or DU ammo...

Assuming it doesn't shatter suspension of disbelief, I think the impracticality of such a weapon is already patently obvious, not the least of which is a very real possibility of the cyborg getting blown backwards off her feet from the recoil.

so basically you want to give her a souped up lahti Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 249364
dragonfire238
dragonfire238

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 1:11

what's the name of that BMP-2 cannon? ah S#!t...i forgot it...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 5:44

dragonfire238 wrote:A lot of these rules are similiar to murphy's law of combat

I'm stealing most of mine from Schlock Mercenary ^_^

Mercedes was basically trained with movies and comics. Razz

dragonfire238 wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:Well, I've been toying with a new OC lately, and I've got this urge to give her a custom made 30mm rifle with HEIAP or DU ammo...

so basically you want to give her a souped up lahti Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 249364

You never know, teh cyborgs may have to fight tanks... or giant space robots or something Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 684325
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 6:05

and that role(anti tank) will be held by yuki(PTRD antimaterial rifle) and Sherry (m16a4 m203 with 40mm HEAT round)
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 9:17

A 30mm canon is not man-portable, even by a cyborg. Smile Besides, you can get Armor-Piercing-Explosive-Incendiary and Saboted Light Armor Penetrator rounds for both .50 BMG and 20mm anti-material rifles.

Depleted Uranium Saboted penetrators only work at very high speeds - hence it is almost exclusively used in Saboted Penetrator rounds for Main Battle Tank canons. The GAU-8 Avenger canon from the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II attack plane uses DU 30 mm PGU-14/B armour-piercing incendiary rounds, but that weapon weighs almost 300 kilos and is 6 meters in length. And when it is fired, it damn near stops the forward momentum of the plane.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 9:36

Well... the Hughes Chain Gun weighs 55.6 kg, and it fires a 30x113 mm shell at 625 rpm. You probably lose at least 15 kg if you strip away hydraulics and electrical components, so you could feasibly have a 40.6 kg single shot/magazine fed bolt action rifle. That's an 89.5 lb weapon, and we know that Beatrice can lift at least 300+ kg (that warhead looks like it came from an SRBM; the Russians have a variety with a 550 kg warhead) and THROW it out a window, so it doesn't seem implausible that such a weapon, if custom designed for a cyborg, could work.

Unless we're talking about how the recoil would probably throw someone off their feet, whereupon I enact the Rule of Cool.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:16

keep in mind, Beatrice throw the missile after she was shot...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:23

She was lifting it before she was shot. If nothing else, she can lift that much weight. If she had a tripod or something brace it against, I have no doubt that she could stabilize something of that much mass and fire it accurately.

On the other hand, Kisk pointed out in the chat that despite the capacity to frankenstein/design a gun that could fire 30mm rounds and be used by a cyborg, the sheer overkill makes it not very useful.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:43

even the bushmaster chaingun make the LAV-25 and M2 bradley goes vibrate wildly from the chaingun recoil....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:49

Full auto there, mate. I'm talking a single shot or magazine fed, bolt-action rifle with a tripod to brace against.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:53

even one shot....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 11:40

El Conservatore wrote:Full auto there, mate. I'm talking a single shot or magazine fed, bolt-action rifle with a tripod to brace against.
Single shot, 30mm... as in: ?

Weapon Idiosyncrasies - Page 2 Seras-victoria_815531

Razz

Sorry, couldn't find a picture of her in the yellow I liked.

Last edited by Alfisti on Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 11:44

she's a vampire..no exception...
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 16:43

I know it was ages ago (three days?) but I feel compelled to add some points about the Nagant Revolver.
-The cylinder of the revolver moves forward as the trigger is stroked, but it is actually the cartridge itself that seals against the barrel. This is how a suppressor can function on it, and it was in fact done back during WWII and Vietnam.
-The Nagant cartridge is unique, to say the least, being designed specifically to aid in manufacturing the gun itself by using the same boring tools as the Mosin Nagant rifles. Hence why it is chambered in 7.62. The base of the cartridge looks very similar to the 7.62x54R as well.
-The performance of the revolver is a mixed bag. The triggers are notoriously stiff (upwards of 16 lbs) due to the spring-action required for the cylinder. Reloading is slow due to the use of a single-action loading gate and extraction system. Current production ammo is equated to about the 32ACP in power, though the original ammunition designed for it had considerably more power and rivals the 32H&R Magnum in performance.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 15:21

We've discussed the 30mm weapon. In short, a bespoke, way overkill weapon like that doesn't really fit the nature of GSG... unless you're really universe-bending.

If you want to go that big, just use a recoiless rifle. Seriously.

About .32 ACP, there's quite a few conversion cylinders available for Nagants, though they wouldn't be able to run a suppressor in .32 ACP for the reasons Maverick said.

John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 15:41

I'm in total agreement with Mav and John_234.

And what's wrong with the .32ACP? The gun is only as good as the idiot behind the trigger. Yes, there is a thing about power behind the bullet, but if you got a 30mm rifle and you cant hit the broad side of a squared barn, then why use it at all? You're just wasting bullets!

As for silencing, there is common sense here. A semi auto magazine fed pistol will provide the best silencing options out there. As for the Nagant, parts wear down. With the strength of a cyborg finger pulling on a 16lb trigger load, it will wear out very quickly, if not break in the first few shots fired. With a simple pistol, point and shoot with a 5lb or lighter trigger load.

If you want to to go with the .32ACP, I recommend the NAA .32ACP Guardian.
http://northamericanarms.com/firearms/32guard/32guard.html
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next