Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories

+4
Kiskaloo
Alfisti
Nachtsider
Schaschanist
8 posters

Go down

Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories Empty Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 2:45

Morning guys,

Well I was thinking a bit about our cyborg and how much damage they can take.

We saw them getting hit by bullets of any caliber, but I don't not even one time when they perhaps received a stab to the guts, as in piercing somebody with a sword or long knife (kitchen knife).
Or if they got cut during battle and their guts are exposing.

We saw them getting replacement for their damaged limbs, what seems to be easy for the medics, but what if they really got a cut to the stomach and guts are hanging out?
I imaginge in an abandoned place they need to give them an "emergency surgery" and closing the wound with needle and yarn and stitching them back together.
We know they have a give range of selfhealing due to the fact they have alot of articial material inside but which is still "living".
I think, during the time they need to get back the wound could start regenerating/healing and due to the stitching they will have scars.

What do you think, what they do back at the agency? would they let them have this scars or do they do everything to restore "factory setting"?
Or could the handler or cyborg have a word and let them have the scars as memories of their faults. (I dare Jean would do this for real.)
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories Empty Re: Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories

Post by Nachtsider Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 3:07

Claes got stabbed in the abdomen once; she didn't appear to suffer very much from it, though.

I don't think the Agency people worry about the scars at all. Hell, I don't think even the cyborgs worry very much about the scars, either.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories Empty Re: Cuts to the Guts and Scars of Memories

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 3:19

Nacht, it's not the question if the borgs or the staff worry about scars or not.

It's more the question if they do have scars and when they received first aid (/field aid) and have a stitched wound, would that scar remain or not.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 3:27

If the wound is deep enough or severe enough, sure, a scar will remain.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 3:36

Nachtsider wrote:If the wound is deep enough or severe enough, sure, a scar will remain.
I think "to the guts" is deep enough. sweat
That there will result a scar on a regular humans stomach is obvious. I'm kind of concerned what the medics of the agency do when they send one of the cyborgs to them with such a deep but stitched wound.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 3:43

They clean the wound, dress it and let it heal.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 5:08

Personally I don't think the cyborgs get scars, though again I imagine it's open for debate. My personal view is that they do have limited self-healing ability, you know, every-day cuts and scratches, stuff that doesn't get much beyond the skin layer. Deeper than that and they'll need to go to the medical branch for patching up, at which point components seem to be switched out (see 'Etta's muscle group being replaced early on) rather than repaired. Add to that that sort of nano-skin-thing that we saw being used on 'Etta (in the forum header even) I imagine actual physical scarring is non-existant.

Right now in my story, Monty has a "scar". One of the things I took from a story Robert wrote about J+M was the idea of a sort of temporary filler that could be used to patch up minor wounds on a cyborg, bonding with the artificial muscle and skinning over to prevent infection, untill the wound can be dealt with properly. My own approach is that the compound is "one colour fits most" giving it the appearance of scar tissue rather than attempting to match each cyborg's individual pigmentation. Her "scar" however will disappear next time she goes in for a service.

As to the first aid thing, there'd have to be some sort of ability to do that in the field... for the record, the afore mentioned bullet wound Jethro patched up with superglue untill he and Monty could make it back to civilisation.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 8:48

I would imagine that they would have some scars fut the larger ones would be reomved when the body part was replaced. I also think the agency would remove any visable scars. It doesn't do well for hidinng of the girl has a massive scar everyone wiull look at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:03

With the new "Bacta Tank" skin application process, I expect they do not have scars.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:07

I sort of agree with CI. THe Agency probably wants to limit the amount of identifying marks a cyborgs has as much as possible. They will have a scar until the docs do thier repair and refit stuff, and then BAM... and the scar is gone. If left unatended, I imagine it might scar but not as bad as a regular person.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:31

I would like the idea that they perhaps can have some scars by own request.
Like Nacht said before, clean it and let it heal by itself.

My idea was that in one case Etienne needed to stitch the wound (yes, he was additionally field medic at the BSSS) and Emilie would want to keep it as reminder.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:52

schaschanist wrote:I would like the idea that they perhaps can have some scars by own request.
Like Nacht said before, clean it and let it heal by itself.

My idea was that in one case Etienne needed to stitch the wound (yes, he was additionally field medic at the BSSS) and Emilie would want to keep it as reminder.
That actuallt makes sense. Since every Handler is alowed to train thier cyborg how they wish, simply have them pass it off as a reminder when the docs ask about it and say it has to do with the training. Problem solvered boss.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:58

I don't see why not, seeing as I imagine parts need to be made bespoke for each girl. I'd also agree with CI that I don't think the Agency would allow them in visible places, too much of an identifying mark.

That said, I don't think the medical boffins would approve, it would probably hurt any perfectionist sensibilities they possessed. I do also think that any wound deep enough to leave a decent scar would have to also be deep enough to be a rebuild job on a cyborg... so it would have to be an imperfection built in each time that particular component of the girl was worked on or replaced.

Honestly, probably not something I would integrate into my own take on the GSG universe, but I think it's workable if you want it.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 10:09

As long as a qualified medic (e.g. field medic) has taken care of the wound and already applied all necessary steps to prevent an infection i dare say it's no problem, even.for the medical staff.
And as long as it does not effect their battle skills...
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 10:39

Oh I don't see any medical objections to leaving the scar there, but I think for a few of them it would be like having a scratch on an otherwise perfectly polished car: a little imperfection they'd damn well like to get rid of Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 13:00

Alfisti wrote:That said, I don't think the medical boffins would approve...

Kara: "Neither would I! I've been shot a number of times and there was no way I'd let any scars...uh...scar...my body! Scars and fashion do not mix!"
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 13:49

Kiskaloo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:That said, I don't think the medical boffins would approve...

Kara: "Neither would I! I've been shot a number of times and there was no way I'd let any scars...uh...scar...my body! Scars and fashion do not mix!"
Emilie: *hand on the stomach, blushing sheepish* "I'll carry that scar with pride. It's a reminder of my handler's care for me."
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 15:49

You can treat a wound on the field to keep scarring minimum.

Problem lies when a chunk of skin is missing and has to be covered and heal over time if away from the agency. but the Bacta Tank should take care of those things.

Thus scarring is minimal if not existing at all.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 16:12

I still like the idea of scars. If well treatened I imagine they could just let it heal, and get rid of it next time.
Plus I absolutely dislike the stoopid tank and try to avoid putting Emi into it. (but that's just mee...)
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 16:25

schaschanist wrote:I still like the idea of scars. If well treatened I imagine they could just let it heal, and get rid of it next time.
Plus I absolutely dislike the stoopid tank and try to avoid putting Emi into it. (but that's just mee...)
Depending on the Universe standing of it, artificial skin does not scar.

And if Emi has to go into the tank, I'm sure that she would be put under before plopping her in it.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 16:36

ElfenMagix wrote:
schaschanist wrote:I still like the idea of scars. If well treatened I imagine they could just let it heal, and get rid of it next time.
Depending on the Universe standing of it, artificial skin does not scar.

And if Emi has to go into the tank, I'm sure that she would be put under before plopping her in it.
Well, in my story I keep them more on a "regular" human model, giving them a range of self healing and just let them be more "normal" than artifical warrior-robot-like.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 8:45

The subject actually comes up in one scene. A Padania agent sees Rico and wonders if she's one of the Agency assassins. Cristiano points out that she can't be as her hands are so smooth; not those of a fighter.

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 3:43

I always imagined this was a pretty simple affair. If the wounds heal naturally, they heal. If you need them operational quick or it can't heal naturally, you do surgery and graft new artificial skin - obviously a complex and inconvenient method. Even artificial skin can't heal perfectly if the wound is deep, large or otherwise unusual.
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum