Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar

+10
Officer_Charon
MP5
Professor Voodoo
Piero
LoC978
boomer_gonz
Alfisti
ElfenMagix
Awinnell
Kiskaloo
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 Empty Re: Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar

Post by PolosElite23 Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 21:00

Hey! That was about the same as coming in on a 737 from Houston to Tegucigalpa, Honduras. They did some tight turning to position through mountains to land. 45 Degree turns or more it seemed. It was a lot of fun. Got thrown around a bunch, made for a very interesting flight in.

Was slightly depressed we didn't have to do the same when we took off...though with over 3/4 of my missions team sick that may have been a good thing...

Anyway, that was really cool! Good

PolosElite23

Forum Posts : 936

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 Empty Re: Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 13:30

Some awesome radial turns there, too!

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1472

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 3:28

Apparently someone is in the throws of recreating the Handley Page HP42...
Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 Jqbwbqyqe7dujkgeyww0

Consider it officially added to the list of potential Jethro+Monty transportation.

Via Jalopnik

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 13:05

Alfisti wrote:Apparently someone is in the throws of recreating the Handley Page HP42...
I wonder if that's the same team that did the 1994 replica of the Vickers Vimy and recreated several historic long distance flights with it.
Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 800px-Vickers_Vimy_Replica
Wikipedia link

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 4:00

Professor Voodoo wrote:I wonder if that's the same team that did the 1994 replica of the Vickers Vimy and recreated several historic long distance flights with it.
I remember that plane... no idea if it's the same people though.

And speaking of things suitable for Monty transport duties: Qantas today released the first pictures of it's new retro-liveried 737-800:
Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 Retro-livery-aircraft

Dear Qantas, paint them all like that...

...maybe if I bribe Kisk with enough gin he can work some magic on that end.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 27 Feb 2015 - 20:26

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Alfisti wrote:Apparently someone is in the throws of recreating the Handley Page HP42...
I wonder if that's the same team that did the 1994 replica of the Vickers Vimy and recreated several historic long distance flights with it.
Apparently it is indeed the same people.

Monty: Well, next time we need to get to Egypt...
Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 Handleypagehp4206

Kara: I think I saw that in a movie once...

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 27 Feb 2015 - 20:29

Michele is a big fan of that film, so Kara indeed has seen that once in a movie. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 7:40

Kiskaloo wrote:Michele is a big fan of that film, so Kara indeed has seen that once in a movie. Smile
Well, there is that possibility as well. To be honest, it was more meant as a snide comment on Kara's part regarding what Monty considers an acceptable form of air-transport.  Razz

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 23:40

Italy's newest ride:

Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 233513_big

An Airbus A340-541 previously operated as A6-EHA and flown by Etihad Airways. Leased to the Aeronautica Militare where it will be re-registered as I-TALY.

Kara: Finally a real ride. Those A319CJs were too small for my tastes.

Monty: "More like too small to haul back all her shopping."

Kara: "I heard that!"

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 7:08

Filed to "Jethro+Monty fodder" (also under "why was I not told about this sooner")....
Adding to the Stable...Er Hangar - Page 3 A-handout-photo-illustration-of-Aerion-AS2-the-world-s-first-supersonic-business-jet-being-developed-by-Lockheed-Martin-Corp-partnering-with-plane-maker-Aerion-Corp

Aerion Supersonic

Seriously though: tri-jet, supersonic civilian transport, remind me what decade we're in again? All it needs is swing wings and we'd be just about in a Tintin comic.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:06

I'm thinking, 'Johnny Quest.'
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum