Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triela's 18th Birthday Present

+14
Alfisti
commanderagl
Wileama
TTIO
boomer_gonz
Piero
Whatface
Awinnell
Danjo3
Tommygunner70
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
Kiskaloo
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Empty Re: Triela's 18th Birthday Present

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 11:05

Awinnell wrote:umm the Fiat X 1/9 is actually 13 foot long,not 3 10,its 3 foot 10 from the Bumpers to the centre of the front wheel !
I was talking about from the floor to the top of the roof. I know, I owned one.
From the back of the seat to the pedals is quite some distance as you are literally laying down to drive it. In Rachel's case, if from hip to toe is 28 inches, even the chair is pushed up as far as it can go, her feet would still not reach the pedals without extending them. Plus the chair has to be raised so she can see above the wheel! Evil

The X 1/9 was one of the most comfortable cars I ever drove!!!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Empty Re: Triela's 18th Birthday Present

Post by Tommygunner70 Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 11:34

ElfenMagix wrote:
Awinnell wrote:umm the Fiat X 1/9 is actually 13 foot long,not 3 10,its 3 foot 10 from the Bumpers to the centre of the front wheel !
From the back of the seat to the pedals is quite some distance as you are literally laying down to drive it. In Rachel's case, if from hip to toe is 28 inches, even the chair is pushed up as far as it can go, her feet would still not reach the pedals without extending them. Plus the chair has to be raised so she can see above the wheel! Evil

Don't know if you've heard of it, but here in Holland we actually have something called "Midget Aid". its a kit really.

It comes with a childrens chair. much like the baby chairs you strap into the seatbelts this thing is strapped onto the regular drivers seat with out having to mod the chair itself so the pint sized driver can see over the wheel. then there is an extension piece for gear leaver. along with a few extenders for the pedals. Sure enough it allows a midget to drive a big fucking Mercedes. I've seen it once and it looks quite hilarious. The funny thing is that the midget I've seen using this aid could actually out drive a regular sized person.

But in terms of getting in and out of the car, a regular sized person is faster.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Forum Posts : 1956

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 16:14

I have seen them, Tommy, but as customized job on various cars.
I have a friend who used to make hand control modifications to cars for handicapped people to drive without using the pedals. Some of the things I seen him built were hillarious by appearence but very functional. Goes to show you that beauty is only skin deep (but ugly is to the bone!).

ElfenMagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 9:34

Tommygunner70 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:

Don't know if you've heard of it, but here in Holland we actually have something called "Midget Aid". its a kit really.

It comes with a childrens chair. much like the baby chairs you strap into the seatbelts this thing is strapped onto the regular drivers seat with out having to mod the chair itself so the pint sized driver can see over the wheel. then there is an extension piece for gear leaver. along with a few extenders for the pedals. Sure enough it allows a midget to drive a big fucking Mercedes. I've seen it once and it looks quite hilarious. The funny thing is that the midget I've seen using this aid could actually out drive a regular sized person.

But in terms of getting in and out of the car, a regular sized person is faster.

Kind of reminds me of a girl we had with us when I was back in cadets: she was 19 but needed a booster seat to see over the dash of her car... needless to say, though she aced the aptitude tests they never let her near a plane cockpit...

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 10:09

hahahahahaha. Nice one.

Well you'd be surprised. Small bodied people are able to handle the G-forces better. I don't know about other aircraft, but the maximum body size for the F-16 is 1.80 Meters. which is also why the Dutch army is thinking of training more woman to be pilots. because their bodies can handle the G-forces even better then males.

Quite logical seeing as woman have those globes that defy gravity in the first place Razz

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 10:16

Tommygunner70 wrote:hahahahahaha. Nice one.

Well you'd be surprised. Small bodied people are able to handle the G-forces better. I don't know about other aircraft, but the maximum body size for the F-16 is 1.80 Meters. which is also why the Dutch army is thinking of training more woman to be pilots. because their bodies can handle the G-forces even better then males.

Quite logical seeing as woman have those globes that defy gravity in the first place Razz

No... quite litterally she was too short to safely use an ejector seat Razz . Seriously, I'm about 5'9" and she barely came up to my chest.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 11:21

Alfisti wrote:
No... quite litterally she was too short to safely use an ejector seat Razz . Seriously, I'm about 5'9" and she barely came up to my chest.

I am 6'2" myself, but if she is really that short... Oh Snap!

But she would be a perfect example of IBH.

Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 14:15

wouldn't she want a four door?

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 2010_f10

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 26 Oct 2009 - 16:34

Kara's 18th Birthday Present(s):

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Happy_18_Kara

Ferrari F430 Spyder convertible on the left for when the weather is sunny and a Ferrari 599 GTB coupe on the right for when it's not.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 16:23; edited 2 times in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 15:16

What about a Mercedes Gullwing 2010? That car looks so awesome!
A DeLorean or a 1967 Chevy Impala or a Nissan X-Trail ? Those four cars would be my dreamcars... Still I think if Hirscher would donate Triela a car it would be a Mercedes Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 735198
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 1:52

Yup.

A Mercedes Station Wagon with a waterbed in the back covered with a leopard print throw and an Anarchy flag attached to the antenna. Those who've watched Top Gear will get this joke.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 17 Nov 2009 - 17:51

Triela-Chan wrote:What about a Mercedes Gullwing 2010? That car looks so awesome!
A DeLorean or a 1967 Chevy Impala or a Nissan X-Trail ? Those four cars would be my dreamcars... Still I think if Hirscher would donate Triela a car it would be a Mercedes Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 735198
An Old/New Delorean or a new Delorean?
(Note: Old/New means thats its a brand new made by hand Delorean from parts that were stashed away years ago. You are looking at a minimum of $60K, which if you think about it is not bad for a new car!)
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 14:55

An old/new DeLorean! (The DMC-12 would be awesome ^__^ )
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 15:59

So Triela has the 911 for the forest, but if she ever needs to pay a visit to more arid climates, she can use this Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano:

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Camo_599GTB

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 31 Dec 2010 - 16:24; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 18:16

The DMC-12 is a heavily underrated piece of equipment. Especially with what I've seen people do with them. I saw one owned by a guy from San Bernadino with a 20B three rotor thrown in and that baby moves. Even more so is one guy doing a classic Honda D-series swap and throwing in a T24 turbo for good measure. He said there was so much room in the bay left that he installed a dry sump system no problem

Personally, I think I'll go the Nissan route and do an SR20 or a KA18 swap if I can ever get my hands on one. Or maybe go the Mitsu route with a 4G or a 4B...hmmm.

From what I've heard at DeLorean meets and shows is that the stainless steel double-Y chassis is what lends itself to such varied modification. and the fact that it didn't use a transaxle as with most FF and RR vehicles of the time and pretty much since, but rather an ultra-short cast steel drivetrain. No universal joints also helped it to be readily replaced as ultra-short drivetrains tend to lend themselves to amazing acceleration at the cost of durability.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 19:31

the car had a Lotus designed chassis,it was the height requirement change on the suspension for US bumper levels that messed up the handling on them,poor sales weren't helped by the slightly less than fantastic electrical systems,Delorean was stuck inside one of his own cars when an electrical fault jammed the central locking, and the asthmatic French V6 wasn't exactly great selling point,nor was the tendency of the doors gas struts to fail,of course having your company CEO charged,though later acquitted, with drug smuggling probably didn't help,
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 19:47

Yup, prolly the first vehicle in history that wasn't just ahead of its time, but ahead of itself as well.

All of the tuners who mod the DMC-12 that I've spoken to say that the first thing to go was the suspension system in place of full-indy on all four as well as a new LSD for the rear. Also, although replacement of the gas struts to modern ones is less costly, Lambo door mods are very popular among DeLorean tuners.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 22:35

Lambo Door Mods are nice but I've seen them on too many Honda Civics, it sorta makes me want to cry. I have even seen a couple on VW Bugs (Aircooled) and on a Pre Golf Rabbit. Those were nice to see. But not on a Civic...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 19 Nov 2009 - 1:49

Blame the Fast and the Furious generation for that one. Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 47721
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 21:57

Just had the idea Triela better off receiving a motorcycle like this:

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Moz-screenshotTriela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Moz-screenshot-1Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Moz-screenshot-2
Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Motorcycle

along with some tight suits, a helmet, and...a license.

Back to top Go down

Post by SSgtRobertMorris Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 14:10

Whatface wrote:Was going to go for the Humvee. But...

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Mavnw7
LAAV's are good. But if you still want the tracks, there's always AMTRAC's. Very Happy
SSgtRobertMorris
SSgtRobertMorris
Peace Through Superior Firepower

Male

Forum Posts : 78

Fan of : Lotsa Stuff

Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011 - 19:34

while not as practical I could see Triela on something like this Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 BMW%20k1300S%2009%20%205

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 31 Oct 2011 - 19:45

crazyidiot78 wrote:while not as practical I could see Triela on something like this
Those K-series BMW's are cruise-missile fast yet comfortable enough to be practical over long distances (unlike a full-on race replica sportbike like BMW's S1000RR). Elio approves Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 2752, and not just because he hopes to borrow it for an afternoon or two.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 15:17

Or just get her a Maruader...
Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 6660573_std

Bet she won't have problems with traffic, they should be running scared. Plus no problems parking:
Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Marauder

And if it doesn't fit through the streets...

Triela's 18th Birthday Present - Page 3 Marauder-through-a-wall
make your own Smile
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3